KOT @ 174

Tigerfan

Is he the odds on favorite, despite losing to Haines in the consis at WTT, in freestyle? Does that result change anything? Are there any other young bucks who will provide a steep challenge to his quest for a 3rd title?

I'd still put him as the slight favorite.  I never trust backside results in a freestyle tournament but Levi is right there with him if he wrestles this year.  Interesting to see Hamiti go this year with Taylor as his coach.  It's wild that Hamiti and O'Toole have yet to face off in college unless I'm forgetting a match.  Rocco Welsh will be in the mix but at this point it's hard to gauge his ceiling.  Is old man Brands still talking about going 174?  He'll be a tough out for anyone at NCAA's.  Doubt Kennedy or Arnold will have much for Keegan.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

44 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I'd still put him as the slight favorite.  I never trust backside results in a freestyle tournament but Levi is right there with him if he wrestles this year.  Interesting to see Hamiti go this year with Taylor as his coach.  It's wild that Hamiti and O'Toole have yet to face off in college unless I'm forgetting a match.  Rocco Welsh will be in the mix but at this point it's hard to gauge his ceiling.  Is old man Brands still talking about going 174?  He'll be a tough out for anyone at NCAA's.  Doubt Kennedy or Arnold will have much for Keegan.  

https://youtu.be/i4J21nkVoZY?si=r96lWlPycc53QirX

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Haines is the favorite, if he goes. Pains me to say that.

How many minutes of riding time and nearfall points to Haines secure in the WTT match?  😉

Haines also got whupped by Carr, who in turn got whupped by KOT. Yet none of the 3 matches were as lopsided as the scores suggest.

But don’t think Haines goes. I think the fact that PSU took him and Mirasola, and no one else, is a pretty good sign this is their redshirt year to focus on freestyle. I’m thinking we see Facundo and Barr. 

Haines looked huge...I think 174 has been a foregone conclusion.

And I think he takes the title. KOT was more active but less efficient, and for that to work out he's gonna have to score fairly early, otherwise he's just wrestling Haines' match.

Edited by Hammerlock3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Haines also got whupped by Carr, who in turn got whupped by KOT. Yet none of the 3 matches were as lopsided as the scores suggest.
But don’t think Haines goes. I think the fact that PSU took him and Mirasola, and no one else, is a pretty good sign this is their redshirt year to focus on freestyle. I’m thinking we see Facundo and Barr. 

Facundo certified at less than 165.

He’ll go, but not at 174.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Facundo certified at less than 165.

He’ll go, but not at 174.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So your prediction is Facundo goes 157? He ain't going 165.

A little less innuendo please.

Edited by Hammerlock3

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Haines looked huge...I think 174 has been a foregone conclusion.

And I think he takes the title. KOT was more active but less efficient, and for that to work out he's gonna have to score fairly early, otherwise he's just wrestling Haines' match.

Haines matches up well against KOT in Freestyle.  Without the exposure threat KOT will be able to get to his scrambles in Folk.  A rematch would look a lot different.  I wouldn't put money on it.  Think it's a true toss-up

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Haines matches up well against KOT in Freestyle.  Without the exposure threat KOT will be able to get to his scrambles in Folk.  A rematch would look a lot different.  I wouldn't put money on it.  Think it's a true toss-up

i don't think the scrambles are gonna be that different. You've got far ankle and Churella (I appreciate askren for calling it this because he was way better at it than ryan churella)which work in freestyle. Ankle passing is very dated, we've got danger calls in folk...I think its the same....maybe different in churella situations because in folk the refs will let you wrestle a little as opposed to blowing the whistle as often as possible?

17 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

First thing I thought of as well... the scrambles. Another match-up to look forward to. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐