At the Debate Tonight

Offthemat

9 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

I'm not suggesting that everyone who wants to keep the confederate statue is a neo nazi/KKK member.  I am suggesting that everyone who shows up to a specific rally organized by neo nazis is also neo nazi. I doubt you have gone to a rally organized by neo nazis. The entire reason that there was a huge counter-protest to Charlottesville was that it was known to be a Neo Nazi/KKK rally-it wasn't a counter protest against keeping the statue.  You don't see counter-protests like the one at Charlottesville at Trump rallies or rallies for republican politicians. You do see it whenever the KKK has public events though.

There is an effort to redefine who showed up to Unite the Right at Charlottesville, but it is not disputable who organized it. They had a Tiki Torch parade where they chanted, "Jews will not replace us" over and over again. Was anybody marching in that parade while "Jews will not replace us" was being chanted somebody you would consider a "fine person" or somebody you would consider to not be a neo nazi? Or was every single person marching while that was being chanted racist?

Do you think that any "fine people" were marching with tiki torches while people around them chanted, "Jews will not replace us"?

Nope I sure don't.  And apparently from Trump's repeated condemnations... he didn't think they were fine people either.

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, jross said:

Nope I sure don't.  And apparently from Trump's repeated condemnations... he didn't think they were fine people either.

Doesn't matter...Billy thinks what Billy thinks no matter what evidence/facts/video is presented to him.

• Fire 1

37 minutes ago, Caveira said:

That level of racism is tolerated by the left though….. where as the nazi folks are also racist af and are called out (rightfully so).  

From my understanding of how the left thinks, only white people can be racist. I personally don't go around calling people crackers but the double standard is entirely too much. Any time they disagree with something it is immediately an ism or phobe, etc

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, wrestlingguy said:

Any time they disagree with something it is immediately an ism or phobe, etc

Yes.  I am either an Omniphobist or a Mega-Istophobe depending on if one prioritizes ists or phobes as the biggest meanies.  Crazy, isn't it, when one considers that I also can mark Hispanisemtican on any Ethno/Racial survey?  But I guess I pass for white-ish which makes me the embodiment of evil.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jross said:

Why did he say there were fine people there "on both sides" when everyone there was attending a rally organized by neo nazis? He said that he wasn't talking about the neo nazis, but everyone attending a rally where they are marching and chanting "jews will not replace us" is a neo nazi by any definition. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Bob 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Why did he say there were fine people there "on both sides" 

Will you take 4 minutes to listen to what Trump said on August 14th, and then revisit his words from August 15th.

The transcript is provided under the video from August 14th.

August 14th

...but based on the events that took place over the weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia, I would like to provide the nation with an update on the ongoing federal response to the horrific attack and violence that was witnessed by everyone.

I just met with FBI Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The Department of Justice has opened a civil rights investigation into the deadly car attack that killed one innocent American and wounded 20 others. To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend's racist violence, you will be held fully accountable. Justice will be delivered.

As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America. And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator, we are equal under the law, and we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

Two days ago, a young American woman, Heather Hayer, was tragically killed. Her death fills us with grief, and we send her family our thoughts, our prayers, and our love. We also mourn the two Virginia state troopers who died in service to their community, their Commonwealth, and their country. Troopers Jay Cullen and Burke Bates exemplify the very best of America, and our hearts go out to their families, their friends, and every member of American law enforcement. These three fallen Americans embody the goodness and decency of our nation.

• Bob 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

You don't get to assign homework here, Karen.

Do your own post.

Joe Biden's Timeline of Racial Comments and Actions

• From 1971 to 1974, Biden's legal residence had a deed barring ownership by African Americans.

• In 1974, Biden made an analogy of himself as a 29 year old in the Senate to being a "token black."

• In 1975, Biden asked if "the only way a black man or woman can learn is if they rub shoulders with my white child?"

• In 1977, Biden said that busing would cause his children to grow up in "a racial jungle."

• In 1977, Biden voted against Black Justice Department nominees specifically over his opposition to busing.

• In 1977, Biden said he asked to join the Senate Judiciary Committee specifically to lead the charge against busing.

• In 1979, Biden voted to allow racially segregated private schools to keep their tax exempt status.

• In 1981, Biden said George Wallace was "right about some things."

• In 1984, Biden used the word "boy" to refer to Jesse Jackson.

• In 1985, Biden made a favorable comparison between segregationist Senator John Stennis and Confederate General Stonewall Jackson.

• In 1987, Biden "sought to appeal to white voters" by touting an award he received from George Wallace in 1973 where he praised Biden as "one of the outstanding young politicians in America."

• During his 1988 campaign, Biden falsely claimed he was part of the civil rights movement, saying he "marched" in his "youth."

• In 2006, Biden said, "you cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."

• In his 2007 book, Promises To Keep, Biden admitted that, as a young person, he had "no real relationships with Black people."

• In 2007, Biden called then-Sen. Barack Obama "the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

• In 2010, Biden delivered a 22-minute eulogy, the longest speech, at Senator Robert Byrd's (D-WV) memorial service, calling the former KKK member a "friend," "mentor," and "guide."

• In 2016, Biden praised segregationist Senator John Stennis as a "friend" and an "honorable" man.

• In 2019, Biden recalled the era when "he was able to get along with segregationist senators."

• In 2019, Biden boasted that segregationist Senator James Eastland called him son, not boy.

• In 2019, Biden said the Obama administration went "into the hood" of Detroit to recruit minorities.

• In 2019, Biden claimed a major problem Black communities face is illiteracy, saying Black "parents can't read or write themselves," leaving Black attendees "shocked and frustrated."

• In 2019, Biden said that "poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

• In 2020, Biden suggested some people were able to quarantine during Covid because "some black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf."

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

Good thing Biden isn't running then, huh?

Just stole that completely from Nikki Haley and passed it off as your work?
lol

Just pointing out the hypocrisy. I am sure you wrote the article you posted too. 

10 minutes ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

lol

some people want us to do that... 

b/c if you post someone else's work then they say it's not an original thought

or somethin

15 minutes ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

lol

Work?  Um... and what did you do with a wikipedia article?

And without the honesty to call out the multiple examples of spin, opinion, and lies.  

...sock puppet...

Edited by jross
  • Fire 1

Just now, jross said:

Work?  Um... and what did you do with a wikipedia article?

And without the honestly to call out the multiple examples of spin, opinion, and lies.  

...sock puppet...

If you think there are lies in the wikipedia article, you should point them out.

You don't get to assign homework to other people.

3 minutes ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

If you think there are lies in the wikipedia article, you should point them out.

If you can admit the fine people hoax, I'll point out the lies.

If you believe Trump referred KKK as fine people, providing evidence of the problems on the wiki is a waste of time.

• Bob 1

33 minutes ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

I posted one link with the naked URL clearly pointing to wikipedia.

Thrash more.

What's your point? You didn't write the information on wikipedia yet are acting like it was your original thought. I posted points from an article instead of a link. Biden isn't running but he is somehow our current president.

• Bob 2

2 hours ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

wiki has had many scandals, one just recently about things being removed i believe

• Bob 1