Who do you trust to do what they say?

mspart

Kamala or Trump?

We know Trump.   We know Kamala.

Trump pretty much put in place things he said he would do.    Kamala has changed her position on crucial policy points all in an effort to get elected.   Her values haven't changed, but her policies have.   Yeah right.   If elected, her new policy positions will  disintegrate into the ether and she will tax tips, she will work to ban fracking somehow, etc etc. 

This is why Trump told PA voters that they must vote for him, even if they don't like him.   He is a known quantity and you can trust that what he says he will do.  

The question for each voter really is:  Who do you trust to do what they say they will do, Kamala or Trump? 

mspart

• Bob 1

That’s the reason Trump got so many more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016, which caused all the commotion, revealing the steal.  That’s the reason the deep state has worked, and will work so hard to prevent him regaining the presidency. 

58 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

That’s the reason Trump got so many more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016, which caused all the commotion, revealing the steal.  That’s the reason the deep state has worked, and will work so hard to prevent him regaining the presidency. 

Your and Trump's mathematical reasoning is impeccable. No number can be bigger than a number bigger than it was 4 years prior.

Think Novak Djokovic GIF by Tennis TV

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

One view: more people turned out in 2020 than ever before because Trump “did what he said he was going to do”

Another view: more people turned out than ever before because “cannot let Trump remain in the White House”

For the noisiest of the populous, the correct answer is whichever side’s talking heads have gotten their claws into you. 

The “who do you trust” question isn’t really about trust.  Just look around here, all kinds of people (both sides pretty much equally) talking about you can’t trust government, they’re all scum.  But spend all day arguing in defense of your media outlets favorite government official.  Talking about can’t trust the media, but fill the board with media clips like gotcha moments.  

If Trump wins (which I believe is very much a long shot at this point) I trust he’s going to do whatever he can to consolidate as much power he can and seek retribution. His speeches are less about policy and leadership and more about how unfair his life is.

If Kamala wins I trust she’s going to do whatever she can to shore up complete support in the DEI realm, and her governing is going to be based on whatever can get her re-elected (which I guess is nothing new). I hope she realizes it’s the loudest, not the majority, that wants things like males in female sports and bathrooms, but I’m not confident. 

Don’t really trust either one of them…

47 minutes ago, ionel said:

Was the above ^^^ on X posted by @PortaJohn's cousin or pet? 

Toxoplasmosis (tok-so-plaz-MOE-sis) is an infection with a parasite called Toxoplasma gondii. People often get the infection from eating undercooked meat. You can also get it from contact with cat turd. The parasite can pass to a baby during pregnancy.

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Bob 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

My aunt said this to me when talking politics and thought it was a great point...a lot of the friends and family I know who are self-prescribed liberals and hate Trump say it is because he is an A-hole...which I agree with...however, they can't articulate policies they hate other than liberal talking points like he is a racist, rapist, and will destroy the environment (but can't explain how)...they just can't vote for him because they just don't like him.  Which my aunt says, "Who cares, are you planning on hanging out with Trump?  Sitting down having dinner with him?  Didn't think so, so why does that matter?"  Brilliant response!

Now I will do the friends and family that are extreme conservatives who scream that there is going to be a civil war, that the LGBTQ+ community is going to take over (take over what I ask...no response), Harris is going to take our guns away, etc...I always ask them, didn't you say that about Obama and then Biden??  And what happened...none of that.  They just put their head down and say "Yeah...but"....and repeat the same extreme right talking points.  LOL

At this point in my life I put my family first and am trying to get things buckled down financially especially for my son that will go off to college in a couple years, then make sure I am good and ready for retirement hopefully in a little over 8 years, and that my son is taken care of after I am gone...under Trump I was a lot closer to all of that reality; however, under Biden, some of that reality has gone away.  I am not saying that to get in a debate about who should take credit for that and who caused what, it is the reality of my life and the reality of pretty much everyone that I know in my life.  Thus, it is those things I mentioned above that are going to drive my voting decisions. 

(caveat for those sensitive posters on here as I can just hear what they are going to say...yes I care about others and that is factored in the things that I mentioned in terms of what is important...I  always have been and always will be about helping out my neighbor and those in need )

Honest question....when considering the evolving state of the economy over the last four years, how much consideration are we giving to the pandemic significantly shutting the economic world down for a while, and the fact that while expenses have raised, those effects have been felt all over the world, not just America, and America has been and continues to recover at a better rate than the other first world countries across the globe.   Sincerely asking how much that factors in to our thinking of the last four years, because that effort is an effort from both sides of the aisle. 

14 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

yes I care about others and that is factored in the things that I mentioned in terms of what is important...I  always have been and always will be about helping out my neighbor and those in need )

Don't let the libs on this forum pretend like they are the only party that cares about others when their biggest concerns are having access to kill babies and chopping appendages off of children or pumping them full of hormones instead of letting them grow up before they make life altering decisions. People get more upset about people like Kristi Noem killing a dog than they do about killing close to a million children every year.

• Bob 2
  • Pirate 1

The U.S. economy was recovering quickly from the slight downturn of 2020 until the Biden administration took over, crimping petroleum production with increased royalty demands and eliminating permits, exacerbated by two mammoth, ill advised, partisan spending bills, passed by a tie-breaking vote by the VP for both.  They both turned out, as predicted, to be predominantly slush funds for preferred partners.  Not to mention the wreck to employment that government mandates were.  

• Bob 1

42 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

That pesky Constitution.  It keeps getting in the way of people who know they are smarter than everyone else enacting their plans to make everyone else do what they want.

I see the Constitution as a straightjacket for the midwits.  It stops them from hurting others and themselves.  And they are pissed off about it! 

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Bob 1

On 9/5/2024 at 7:36 PM, Offthemat said:

Conspiracy whack job. What is the "deep state" and what evidence do you have that the election was rigged? BTW, every judge pretty much disagrees w/ you.