Scumbag Behavior - Trump at Arlington

42 minutes ago, ionel said:

Many don't have access to tiktok.  

Ir seems far less censored than fb or YouTube.  I often try to find a YouTube vid instead or the equivalent….. but was to lazy this time.  I often can’t find the same news clips on YouTube for example.    

15 minutes ago, headshuck said:

The McCain’s making political news the past couple of days for their outrage over Trump at Arlington. Of course we knew this video was coming.

McCain was criticized, then he apologized, admitted it was a mistake, and removed the footage.  You know, like a normal human.  Team Trump had some sort of physical altercation with a staffer, accused everybody of persecuting them or lying, and called the staffer mentally ill.

https://www.newsweek.com/maga-calls-john-mccain-son-hypocrite-after-arlington-video-resurfaces-1948431

In 1999, McCain too faced backlash from the Army and the public for his Arlington ad. He admitted he erred and removed the two seconds of footage from the ad.

The Army had previously released a statement saying McCain had not asked permission to film at the cemetery and that any request to do so would have been denied because partisan activity is banned at Army installations

The McCain’s making political news the past couple of days for their outrage over Trump at Arlington. Of course we knew this video was coming.

Difference: McCain apologized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

26 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Maybe the outraged McCain’s could wait a day or two for an apology? Nah, it’s all a game for everyone.

It's already been far more than a day or two, and the campaign has discussed the issue multiple times. No apologie, but Lots of blame for everybody else and personal insults hurled at the regular human staffer trying to enforce the rules and attacks on the Army itself, though. 

9 minutes ago, headshuck said:

First one polictically in Arlington was a McCain. Shall we start talking about changing norms in DC?

You keep making the same point back and forth without addressing any substance.  McCain apologized and removed the footage.  How did Trump et al respond?  Like 5 year olds, as usual.

You keep making the same point back and forth without addressing any substance.  McCain apologized and removed the footage.  How did Trump et al respond?  Like 5 year olds, as usual.

The difference is that Trump (and Biden/Harris) were invited to be there by Gold Star families to honor their dead. McCain went there uninvited to film a television commercial.

If Obama was in invited and attended the ceremony this wouldn’t have been an issue.
  • Bob 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, headshuck said:

The difference is that Trump (and Biden/Harris) were invited to be there by Gold Star families to honor their dead. McCain went there uninvited to film a television commercial.

If Obama was in invited and attended the ceremony this wouldn’t have been an issue.

This is a strawman that keeps getting thrown out.  Nobody of note cares that he was in the cemetery.  Nobody of note is saying gnhe should be barred from the premises.  You're not allowed to film there for partisan purposes.  He did, was asked to stop,  and he and his team proceeded to lose their ***ducking** minds and film anyway AFTER being asked not to,  put hands on someone just doing their job, and have proceeded to attack her ever since. Stop trying to make it about the invitation.  Nobody is saying he wasn't invited.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Literally any excuse to avoid the actual issue.

But aren't you avoiding some of those pesky facts in your rants??  Conveniently I may add....let's see, the families ASKED to have videos and pictures taken...please explain and define for us "he and his team proceeded to lose their ***ducking** minds"....and this is my favorite "put hands on someone just doing their job", don't you think context matters here??  And here is the final one, you argue McCain apologized and took the video down...did Trump post it anywhere?  Put it in a political ad?  Darn those pesky facts...all just to manufacture hate for Trump...LOL

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

But aren't you avoiding some of those pesky facts in your rants??  Conveniently I may add....let's see, the families ASKED to have videos and pictures taken (who has the authority over the Arlington cemetary (hint, it's not any parents)...please explain and define for us "he and his team proceeded to lose their ***ducking** minds" (how about flat out lying saying the incident was completley made up, and harrassing the officer trying to do her job, for starters)....and this is my favorite "put hands on someone just doing their job", don't you think context matters here?? (no, context does not matter.  It is very cut and dry, you do not put hands on this person in this situation no matter what, regardless, no matter who you think you are.  That is the only  necessary context, but to add some context for you, shoving them out of the way definitely does not help your argument)  And here is the final one, you argue McCain apologized and took the video down...did Trump post it anywhere?  Put it in a political ad?  (Yes, the campaign posted video of him visiting the sites, after they were told they were not allowed and shoved the officer out of the way....however I do not know whether or not it was since taken down.   Haven't heard that it was, but I don't know  (Darn those pesky facts...all just to manufacture hate for Trump...LOL (is that better or worse than constantly manufacturing defense and deflection for him, even though you.....eeheemm......don't like him 🤣)

@WrestlingRasta...you have this weird fetish of trying to paint me as this Trump lover...you do realize people can have an opinion about a SITUATION that is regardless of the person(s) political views and position, right?!?!    To address your "counter points"...1. who said anything about authority??  Of course the families don't, that wasn't the point...the point was that Trump didn't go looking to make videos and take pictures, the family asked, clearly not knowing the rules (which I am in support of 100% by the way).  2. I looked and couldn't find anywhere where Trump and his team lied that it never happened, I could find where they have differing stories as to how things unfolded including the alleged "assault" (which I originally said I can't wait for the actual video evidence to come out, which it hasn't).  3. YES context does matter...we are not talking about your basic civilian here, umm, he is the former President of the United States who not but mere weeks ago almost got assassinated, so that context DOES matter...pretty sure you know that but let your hate for Trump infuses into your common sense.  4.  I personally have never seen where Trump posted it as a political ad...but like you, it looks like both of us don't know if it was or wasn't.

• Bob 1

3 years passed and the Gold Star families felt the current administration was not acknowledging them and reached out to Trump. There’s a lot to unpack in that but instead we want an apology for a worker pushed while trying to stop the filming?

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

44 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

@WrestlingRasta...you have this weird fetish of trying to paint me as this Trump lover...you do realize people can have an opinion about a SITUATION that is regardless of the person(s) political views and position, right?!?!  Trust me when I say I am merely making observations, not painting any picture.  If I were making an observation from A situation, you would have a good point.  But you do not because it is not an observation from A situation, it is an observation from many situations of regularly defending and deflecting, while always being sure to throw in the caveat of "I don't like him".    To address your "counter points"...1. who said anything about authority??  Of course the families don't, that wasn't the point...the point was that Trump didn't go looking to make videos and take pictures, the family asked, clearly not knowing the rules (which I am in support of 100% by the way). Ahhhhh, I didn't realize that your point was who has authority in that situation does not matter.  But I generally laugh when you say "Trump didn't go looking to make videos".  Come on dude.   2. I looked and couldn't find anywhere where Trump and his team lied that it never happened, I could find where they have differing stories as to how things unfolded including the alleged "assault" (which I originally said I can't wait for the actual video evidence to come out, which it hasn't). As always, I'm happy to help.  A little context for you, when I did the search, this was not the first link presented, it went to the last link of the first page, which was full of links to the story from different outlets.  It took exactly three seconds after hitting 'search' to find a multitude of stories on this topic. Despite evidence, Trump calls Arlington Cemetery incident a 'made up story' : NPR 

3. YES context does matter...we are not talking about your basic civilian here, umm, he is the former President of the United States who not but mere weeks ago almost got assassinated, so that context DOES matter...pretty sure you know that but let your hate for Trump infuses into your common sense.  In the context of shoving an officer out of the way because she is doing her job in prohibiting video and photo at the gravesites, PER FEDERAL LAW.....okay yes that context matters.   Who the person is, what their former job is, and whether or not they have been shot, does not matter in this situation. You don't put hands on the officer, period, full stop, no excuse.   The fact that you are trying to excuse it because he is a former president who got shot in the ear is completely disrespectful to all of the fallen soldiers in that cemetery who are dead because they got shot someplace other than the ear.  Shameful to our soldiers  4.  I personally have never seen where Trump posted it as a political ad...but like you, it looks like both of us don't know if it was or wasn't.  It appears the video has been taken down, here is an excerpt from NPR stating the video was in fact published by Trump (campaign):  The Hoover family granted permission to the Trump team to film and take photographs at the gravesite; the Marckesano family did not, and filming and photographing at the gravesite for political purposes is a violation of federal law, according to cemetery officials. Yet Sergeant Marckesano’s grave was shown in photos from the visit that were published online. A video was posted to Mr. Trump’s TikTok account featuring footage from the Section 60 visit and the gravestones from behind, with narration criticizing the handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021.

Edited by WrestlingRasta