u20 men's freestyle path to the best team to date

6 minutes ago, Pcnmp said:

Japan made that look way too easy

Yeah he got that elbow to elbow and Bo had no answer. Tough loss there. Hopefully he can reset and get bronze.

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

If I have to choose between an Iranian and a Russian, I’ll cheer for the Iranian every time.

UWW needs to make some rules that penalize laying on your back for an extended period of time during a match. It’s embarrassing for the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Can we just adopt the international FS weights already?

Let's adopt the MFS weights and the MFS rules!

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

20 minutes ago, Le duke said:

How does stuff like that not bring shame upon the sport?

Yes, that was a shameful display. If Duke could have figured out a way to score that body lock he could have blown the match open. I still think that grounding is the worst rule in freestyle wrestling and needs to be done away with. 

33 minutes ago, Pcnmp said:

Horrible. Definitely took advantage of fake injury time… took every breathers he could.

I'm glad that we are just complaining about the fake injury time on here.  It was awful.

Another forum I frequent is mostly complaints about how Duke didn't get 5 from the suplesse on the edge with less than ten seconds.  I really wanted Duke to win but that throw was initiated about two seconds after the Russian gave up a stepout point.  The Russian is WAY out and also has both feet on the ground when you can hear the whistle blown.  He is then thrown.  Duke was loading him up before the whistle but the actual throw had not started. It was the correct call.

But I would have loved some cautions+ 1  for the fake injuries.

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes, good performance so far... except it appears as if we are going with a team of nine as Mirasola appears to be "out."

Mirasola is "out"? So, forfeit or what is happening. He hasnt posted anything of the sort

3 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Rademacher loses to a world champ 9-1. No shame there.

Yep - I thought he should have had that first step out point and he definitely was in on some shots he could have scored from. He's young and getting better... Now to come back for bronze. GO USA.... GO BEAVS. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yep - I thought he should have had that first step out point and he definitely was in on some shots he could have scored from. He's young and getting better... Now to come back for bronze. GO USA.... GO BEAVS. 

Watching live I thought he should have been allowed to finish his two point take down rather than lose a step out point.  I also thought his ankle pick was worth two live.  Obviously I was wrong.

• Potato 1

I'm glad that we are just complaining about the fake injury time on here.  It was awful.
Another forum I frequent is mostly complaints about how Duke didn't get 5 from the suplesse on the edge with less than ten seconds.  I really wanted Duke to win but that throw was initiated about two seconds after the Russian gave up a stepout point.  The Russian is WAY out and also has both feet on the ground when you can hear the whistle blown.  He is then thrown.  Duke was loading him up before the whistle but the actual throw had not started. It was the correct call.
But I would have loved some cautions+ 1  for the fake injuries.

Agreed. It was a 1pt move.

The fake injuries and laying on the mat while the ref remonstrated, over and over, was just too much.

• Bob 1

11 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes, good performance so far... except it appears as if we are going with a team of nine as Mirasola appears to be "out."

Where did you see this? He's listed on the brackets on Flo and UWW. He's also listed in the upcoming match list on UWW. 

14 minutes ago, maligned said:

Where did you see this? He's listed on the brackets on Flo and UWW. He's also listed in the upcoming match list on UWW. 

Thankfully, he now is listed as having a bout on arena.  It wasn't that way this morning.  It even had us listed as only having 9 wrestlers in the tourney.

It appears to be fixed.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

9 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Thankfully, he now is listed as having a bout on arena.  It wasn't that way this morning.  It even had us listed as only having 9 wrestlers in the tourney.

It appears to be fixed.

Yes for some reason the 92kg bracket wasn’t there so he was listed as not in the tournament it was weird

• Bob 1