Day number # of CSUB not kicking out Aj Ferrari

CowboyYe2024

4 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Remind me, what is his eligibility situation looking like?

• 2021: Year 1 (true freshman)
  • 2022: car accident, then dismissed - MRS?
  • 2023: ORS?
  • 2024: RS?

Did he get a medical waiver for the '22 season before he was kicked off the team? 

Wrestlestat shows the medical year, but not the Olympic year. If he got both then he has 3 years left.... but 2021 was the free year, so wouldn't he get yet another year? 

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Wrestlestat shows the medical year, but not the Olympic year. If he got both then he has 3 years left.... but 2021 was the free year, so wouldn't he get yet another year? 

But it doesn't seem fair that he losses his 5th title year.  Should he really be punished just for being a jerk?  🙄

45 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Remind me, what is his eligibility situation looking like?

• 2021: Year 1 (true freshman)
  • 2022: car accident, then dismissed - MRS?
  • 2023: ORS?
  • 2024: RS?

Did he get a medical waiver for the '22 season before he was kicked off the team? 

No medical waiver because he had wrestled too much of the season (10 of their either 19 or 21 scheduled events - depends on how conf and NCAA tournies are counted).

He is claiming 2024 as an ORS, but that needs to be approved by the NCAA. No idea if he got that approval. It would surprise me if he had, given that he did not have any school affiliated resources to assist in the process. Perhaps CSUB is attempting to get that ORS retroactively. Who knows.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

No medical waiver because he had wrestled too much of the season (10 of their either 19 or 21 scheduled events - depends on how conf and NCAA tournies are counted).

He is claiming 2024 as an ORS, but that needs to be approved by the NCAA. No idea if he got that approval. It would surprise me if he had, given that he did not have any school affiliated resources to assist in the process. Perhaps CSUB is attempting to get that ORS retroactively. Who knows.

I'd think the more likely scenario is he's talking out of his ass and didn't get ANY of it approved. We know how these guys are, all talk, no substance. 

2021 - year 1

2022- no medical rs (year 2)

2023- burned year (year 3)

2024- claiming olympic year but i doubt it (year 4)

2025- free covid year....

I'd bet this is it. This is his last year of eligibility. 

5 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

I'd think the more likely scenario is he's talking out of his ass and didn't get ANY of it approved. We know how these guys are, all talk, no substance. 

2021 - year 1

I think it goes like this:

2021 - free COVID year

2022 - used 1st year of eligibility by participating in >30% of competitions AND started the clock on his 5 year window to use 4 years.

2023 - 5 year window still running, this is year two. Technically not a redshirt since he was not on a roster.

2024 - possible oly redshirt or year 2 of eligibility, AND either the window pauses with the ORS or year 3 of 5 year window.

2025 - either year 2 or 3 of eligibility, AND either year 3 or 4 of the 5 year window.

2026 - either year 3 or year 4 of eligibility, AND either year 4 or year 5 of the 5 year window.

2027 - either year 4 or awaiting entry into the Oklahoma, Iowa, California, and National HOF's, AND either year 5 of the 5 year window or he is working on that 666th pound.

• Brain 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

The NCAA has "rules" for medical redshitting (sic), but they're a joke.  That's why some athletes and schools have to sit and wait to hear back from the NCAA as to whether they'll approve a medical redshirt or not.  If it benefits the NCAA, if it is a blueblood program, or if it will cause more headaches than it's worth, then you could expect an MRS approval.

• Bob 1

23 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

2021 - year 1

23 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I think it goes like this:

2021 - free COVID year

2022 - used 1st year of eligibility by participating in >30% of competitions AND started the clock on his 5 year window to use 4 years.

2023 - 5 year window still running, this is year two. Technically not a redshirt since he was not on a roster.

2024 - possible oly redshirt or year 2 of eligibility, AND either the window pauses with the ORS or year 3 of 5 year window.

2025 - either year 2 or 3 of eligibility, AND either year 3 or 4 of the 5 year window.

2026 - either year 3 or year 4 of eligibility, AND either year 4 or year 5 of the 5 year window.

2027 - either year 4 or awaiting entry into the Oklahoma, Iowa, California, and National HOF's, AND either year 5 of the 5 year window or he is working on that 666th pound.

Having either 1 more year or 4 more years remaining is so on brand for Ferrari

15 minutes ago, Idaho said:

image.png.75d066080e9e81b8050428b9a13a430a.png

Do we know they have a dedicated officer to follow him around, as reported in the past, to record any "incident" or should above be revised to "days without known incident?"  🙅‍♀️

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Do we know they have a dedicated officer to follow him around, as reported in the past, to record any "incident" or should above be revised to "days without known incident?"  🙅‍♀️

I don't see one in the stands...

image.png.51789c6dd4e8a47cc232f37f24271d67.png

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐