Iowa va psu dual

cangemi

8 hours ago, Winners Circle said:

Is that how it works? Thanks for letting us know. I just meant I doubt Mr. Nichols is going to be thrilled to write a 1.5 milly check when the team still only finishes 3rd.

Is he proven to be the one writing them checks? 

Getting 5th twice in a row would be considered a disaster so I think whoever is bankrolling these roster additions does think 1.5 mil is worth a 2nd place trophy

I have one for you that is a homer pick...

125 - Wertanen over Cruz via Decision
UofM 3 - 0

133 - Ragusin over Ayala via Decision
UofM 6 - 0

141 - Lemley over Peterson via Major
UofM 10 - 0

149 - Parco over Gilcher via Decision
UofM 10 - 3

157 - Saldate over Teemer via Decision
UofM 13 - 3

165 - Mantanona over Caliendo via Decision
UofM 16 - 3

174 - Walker over Arnold via Decision
UofM 19 - 3

184 - Bullock over Brands via Decision
UofM 22 - 3

197 - Cardenas over Buchanan via Decision
UofM 25 - 3

285 - Steveson over Kueter via Techfall
UofM 30 - 3

Collectively it is batshit to believe this would happen.  It isn't batshit to think that it could, though.  Not one of those results, if you look at it individually, makes you go "NEH VUR" and there isn't one result that makes you think they would have to wrestle out of their mind to achieve.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I have one for you that is a homer pick...

125 - Wertanen over Cruz via Decision
UofM 3 - 0

133 - Ragusin over Ayala via Decision
UofM 6 - 0

141 - Lemley over Peterson via Major
UofM 10 - 0

149 - Parco over Gilcher via Decision
UofM 10 - 3

157 - Saldate over Teemer via Decision
UofM 13 - 3

165 - Mantanona over Caliendo via Decision
UofM 16 - 3

174 - Walker over Arnold via Decision
UofM 19 - 3

184 - Bullock over Brands via Decision
UofM 22 - 3

197 - Cardenas over Buchanan via Decision
UofM 25 - 3

285 - Steveson over Kueter via Techfall
UofM 30 - 3

Collectively it is batshit to believe this would happen.  It isn't batshit to think that it could, though.  Not one of those results, if you look at it individually, makes you go "NEH VUR" and there isn't one result that makes you think they would have to wrestle out of their mind to achieve.

Walker over Arnold would be a “NEHVUR” to me.  Walker lost to Riggins last year.   Saldate over Teemer, Bullock over Brands, and Steveson wrestling in the NCAA would all be very surprising to me.  But that’d still be a 16-15 Michigan win if all of those were flipped to decision losses.

9 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Getting 5th twice in a row would be considered a disaster so I think whoever is bankrolling these roster additions does think 1.5 mil is worth a 2nd place trophy

I would be surprised if he isn't.

He's the one claimed, multiple times on HR, that the "playing field is level" and implied that his large cash infusions were going to close the gap to Penn State. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Walker over Arnold would be a “NEHVUR” to me.  Walker lost to Riggins last year.   Saldate over Teemer, Bullock over Brands, and Steveson wrestling in the NCAA would all be very surprising to me.  But that’d still be a 16-15 Michigan win if all of those were flipped to decision losses.

Arnold and Walker both wrestled Wolak tough, and with Walker supposedly healthy now I don't think that is a NEHVUR at all.  Arnold doesn't know how to score more than 4 points in a tight match.

Saldate was the only one to beat Haines last year (yep).  So long as the match doesn't happen at NCAAs I think this is a pure toss-up.

Bullock over Brands is surprising?  Brands had one tournament of his life at 174lbs two years ago.  Bullock was pretty persistent last year at 184lbs and cemented himself as a legit AA contender for this year.  I would honestly say Ragusin over Ayala is as surprising as Bullock over Brands.  Both Michigan gents should be favored as they are the larger guys who are used to the weight.

Steveson was the punch line, which is why I said it.  I don't think there is a fart's chance in a shit storm we see him at UofM if he decides wrestling is where it is at again.  With both Parris and Coon there I am not sure it is realistic to think they'll put their differences aside so Steveson can ride off in to the sunset for the third (fourth) time?

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Arnold and Walker both wrestled Wolak tough, and with Walker supposedly healthy now I don't think that is a NEHVUR at all.  Arnold doesn't know how to score more than 4 points in a tight match.

Saldate was the only one to beat Haines last year (yep).  So long as the match doesn't happen at NCAAs I think this is a pure toss-up.

Bullock over Brands is surprising?  Brands had one tournament of his life at 174lbs two years ago.  Bullock was pretty persistent last year at 184lbs and cemented himself as a legit AA contender for this year.  I would honestly say Ragusin over Ayala is as surprising as Bullock over Brands.  Both Michigan gents should be favored as they are the larger guys who are used to the weight.

Steveson was the punch line, which is why I said it.  I don't think there is a fart's chance in a shit storm we see him at UofM if he decides wrestling is where it is at again.  With both Parris and Coon there I am not sure it is realistic to think they'll put their differences aside so Steveson can ride off in to the sunset for the third (fourth) time?

Dylan Gilcher breakout year incoming, beat ty watters at dapper dan although Ty kinda messed up his knee in the first period I am pretty high on him still though.

3 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Dylan Gilcher breakout year incoming, beat ty watters at dapper dan although Ty kinda messed up his knee in the first period I am pretty high on him still though.

I think Gilcher needs to go 157lbs.  I think 149 was too much to ask of him and I think it is going to be too much to ask of him this year, too.  I expect greatness from him, I just wouldn't be surprised with a 20W - 15L type season, though.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I think Gilcher needs to go 157lbs.  I think 149 was too much to ask of him and I think it is going to be too much to ask of him this year, too.  I expect greatness from him, I just wouldn't be surprised with a 20W - 15L type season, though.

Any chance they suck brock man down for 1 year or is he red shirting?

6 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Any chance they suck brock man down for 1 year or is he red shirting?

I think the idea is to Redshirt him, although if weight is an issue (for Gilcher), I wouldn't be surprised to see him give 149lbs a go instead of Gilcher.  Michigan is of the mind that the best guy is taking the mat, whether they are incoming transfers or not.

Iowa released a graphic; dual is at Penn State, even though they weren't originally scheduled to have one this year.

I'll go:

125: Lilledahl MD Cruz

133: Ayala Dec Nagao

141: Bartlett catches and decks whoever at 141

149: SVN DEC Parco

157: Teemer DEC Kasak, barely

165: Mesenbrink kills Caliendo and eats his still-beating heart in the middle of the mat

174: Zack Ryder comes out like the Undertaker and beats Arnold in a 1 TD match

184: Starocci MD whoever

197: Mirasola DEC Buchanan, for funsies.

285: Sleepy Greg gives up an early TD, then comes alive and puts Kooter through the mat a few times to wake the old timers up a bit. Kerk DEC Kooter

Edited by Le duke

17 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Iowa released a graphic; dual is at Penn State, even though they weren't originally scheduled to have one this year.

I'll go:

125: Lilledahl MD Cruz

133: Ayala Dec Nagao

141: Bartlett catches and decks whoever at 141

149: SVN DEC Parco

157: Teemer DEC Kasak, barely

165: Mesenbrink kills Caliendo and eats his still-beating heart in the middle of the mat

174: Zack Ryder comes out like the Undertaker and beats Arnold in a 1 TD match

184: Starocci MD whoever

197: Mirasola DEC Buchanan, for funsies.

285: Sleepy Greg gives up an early TD, then comes alive and puts Kooter through the mat a few times to wake the old timers up a bit. Kerk DEC Kooter

How do you score the Mesenbrink match? Does PSU lose a team point for the still-beating heart meal display?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Walker “wrestled Wolak tough” in 2023 by losing 5-2 in a year Wolak went 1-2 at NCAA’s.   Arnold beat Wolak in the year he took 6th. 

I’d favor Ragusin over Ayala at 133 TBH.

Parris probably owes Gable a thank you for retiring and enabling him to be an Olympian and getting a world medal, I doubt there are hard feelings.  What is Coon’s potential beef with Steveson?

15 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Walker “wrestled Wolak tough” in 2023 by losing 5-2 in a year Wolak went 1-2 at NCAA’s.   Arnold beat Wolak in the year he took 6th. 

Parris probably owes Gable a thank you for retiring and enabling him to be an Olympian and getting a world medal, I doubt there are hard feelings.  What is Coon’s potential beef with Steveson?

and an NCAA title and a Hodge Trophy

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

How do you score the Mesenbrink match? Does PSU lose a team point for the still-beating heart meal display?

The heart is consumed upon victory. Penn State loses two team points, Iowa loses one.

-1 PSU for heart-eating, obvs. There are kids watching this, Mitchell.

-1 Iowa when Terry runs onto the mat.

-1 PSU when Varner comes out of left field and yeets Terry into the crowd, where he is torn to pieces.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Potato, tomato, mate.  Arnold does not wrestle anyone tough to less than a takedown.  That means Walker will be in the match.  That means I am not going to be surprised if my homeboy goes and takes it.

I think 133 is a true toss-up, I think.

Steveson has tried to punk Coon a few times prior to the Parris era.

12 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I think it's pretty understood Bob is leading this charge.