Olympic Wrestling ... Day 6

Just now, wrestle87 said:

Really appreciate the physical beating this guy is putting on Tazh

It helps...

81cKyOBsjlL.jpg

... but I don't think it will do the job.

D3

• Bob 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Just now, d3grappler said:

So what’s the strategy for Kyle here? Don’t shoot and beat the shit out of him with a hand fight and go for push outs? Maybe look for a high shot at the end?

Seems like that’s what he wants to do first period and then tries open things up second period. Might not be a bad strategy… we shall see 

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

Seems like that’s what he wants to do first period and then tries open things up second period. Might not be a bad strategy… we shall see 

I know you don’t want to over strategize but I just don’t see how you can take many shots on this guy he is too good counter offensively. 

• Bob 1

30 minutes ago, Gus said:

Andrew needs to get to a legit RTC and start putting in the work to be our rep. His style transitions really well to freestyle.

Agreed, unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen at Northern Colorado.  I know he was close to joining OKST would have been nice to see what he could do in the revamped Cowboy RTC

• Bob 1

12 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

it wasn't the least bit subjective. Knees down like that  is grounded. JAP knew to keep them down and he did so it wasn't a close call.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the explanation.

28 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Are you suggesting that he is a persona non grata now?

There's a reason he couldn't finish high school, why he wasn't welcome at Iowa, why he had to open a club. All the potential in the world and his ego has never stopped ruining every step along the way. But that same potential is why he's in Blaydes corner when she's in the semis at the olympics. So it is what it is.

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, d3grappler said:

So what’s the strategy for Kyle here? Don’t shoot and beat the shit out of him with a hand fight and go for push outs? Maybe look for a high shot at the end?

Yes, that has to be it. Stay Square, don't get extended, movement, banging, pushing, constant forward motion, maybe look for picks(at least for some action). Just try and grind him down, but if you can't hit that high C and stay on your feet with your head up, let it go.

The guy isn't just a one trick pony or anything, he's a stud, but I think Snyder can win by wearing him down and just hopefully wear him down and hit a couple clean shots. 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Zain loses 0-8. Great showing by Amouzad.

I really don't understand Zain's gameplan there. He spent 95% of the match pushing Amouzad away and not tying up. Looked like he was worried about Amouzad's underhook, but Zain's a scrappy handfighter. He didn't put himself into a position where he could take a single committed shot the entire match. That's partly due to Amouzad's great positioning, but what I found puzzling was why Zain would try to remain at arm's length that entire match. He kept pushing off and keeping his distance.

Ugh, as tough as Amouzad is, just saw he's got the Hungarian next round, who he needs to beat to bring Zain back into the mix.  That Hungarian is tough as nails.  Don't recall, but Amouzad may have beaten him in the finals when he won worlds a couple of years ago.

Ugh, as tough as Amouzad is, just saw he's got the Hungarian next round, who he needs to beat to bring Zain back into the mix.  That Hungarian is tough as nails.  Don't recall, but Amouzad may have beaten him in the finals when he won worlds a couple of years ago.
Amouzad beat Yainni in the finals. muszkajev beat Amouzad in last years semis (as he overcame the toughest draw ever )

1 hour ago, Cowboy08 said:

Agreed, unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen at Northern Colorado.  I know he was close to joining OKST would have been nice to see what he could do in the revamped Cowboy RTC

Would be nice to see him with some quality training partners. Cowboy, HWC, Cliff Keen or NLWC would all be major upgrades. 

1 hour ago, d3grappler said:

How fast can we get you to Paris and in Kyle's corner?

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Snyder hasn't looked particularly great but neither has Taz. No Idea what will happen. 
If Snyder loses, what a tough bronze match, if he wins though, Gold all the way baby! 

Going to go do gym things for a bit, see yall in a couple hours to comment on world class athletes. 

• Bob 2
  • Wrestle 1

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:
1 hour ago, Gus said:
Andrew needs to get to a legit RTC and start putting in the work to be our rep. His style transitions really well to freestyle.

Agreed. I'm over the Zain/Yianni/N. Lee era. Hopefully, Alirez can do what they couldn't and actually improve as a freestyle wrestler.

I believe Mendez is our man for the next cycle. He continues to improve. This will be his 3rd year in college. He hasn't used a redshirt. 

• Bob 2

4 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I believe Mendez is our man for the next cycle. He continues to improve. This will be his 3rd year in college. He hasn't used a redshirt. 

With our "1 loss youre toast" tournament format. 
It's hard to predict 65kg, lots of talent Bassett (may not grow), Valencia, Mendez, Alirez, Bartlett, old man Nick Lee, or Old man Johnny D....maybe somebody else.... 4 years is a long ways away and at this weight the separation between the top and the 6th guy aint much.  Just whoever decides to have a solid tournament when it matters. 

4 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

He could've also lost to Amouzad

Maybe...but I'm guessing he doesn't get completely dominated and shut out.

Edited by DocBB
  • Bob 1