Olympic Wrestling ... Day 6

oldschool

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Zain loses 0-8. Great showing by Amouzad.

I really don't understand Zain's gameplan there. He spent 95% of the match pushing Amouzad away and not tying up. Looked like he was worried about Amouzad's underhook, but Zain's a scrappy handfighter. He didn't put himself into a position where he could take a single committed shot the entire match. That's partly due to Amouzad's great positioning, but what I found puzzling was why Zain would try to remain at arm's length that entire match. He kept pushing off and keeping his distance.

That's part of the difficulty of wrestling Amouzad though. His underhook and Iranian lateral drop are elite.

6 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

And jiminy christmas we really suck at this weight, why are we so bad at 65kg?

65kg is "the" weight class.  Will always be hard to medal at this weight.  Yianni was our hope for this weight but he's been going through a career funk

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Just now, wrestle87 said:

Spencer, Zain and Dake, how much of this is weight cut?  We know for zain it is, bc he is literally the best in the world when up at 70kg.  

Spencer won Silver.....
Dake barely beat him last time and Takatani looked like a World Champ vs Tsabolov, not surprised by the loss, a little by the margin. 
Zain just  isn't as good.  (70kg is always fringe guys) 

0 to do with weight cut

• Bob 2