65 & 97 draws

2 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Zain gets Amouzad opening round and Azarpira vs Taz opening round! Tough draws! Snyder sitting pretty good in his quarter but is on Taz’s half

Amouzad is tough but at least you pretty much know what to expect with him. 

What's that . Underhook and just overall eliteness lol man he's tough. My pick Kiyooka ended up in that easy quad thank God . But if Zain wins it, it'll be a hell of an achievement with that path .
  • Bob 1

3 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:
8 minutes ago, Gus said:

What's that . Underhook and just overall eliteness lol man he's tough. My pick Kiyooka ended up in that easy quad thank God . But if Zain wins it, it'll be a hell of an achievement with that path .

He is going to work his underhook and is very persistent with that Iranian lat drop. Yes, he is elite and very tough. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Spladle08 said:
1 minute ago, Gus said:
He is going to work his underhook and is very persistent with that Iranian lat drop. Yes, he is elite and very tough. 

I don't like it for Zain. But maybe I'll be surprised

Definitely not an easy draw for him. Hopefully the cut went well and he looks like the 70kg version of Zain from 2023 worlds. 

• Fire 1

Predictions sure to go wrong:

For all that's gone wrong for the US team and as challenging of a weight he's in, I'm thinking (hoping) Zain flips the script and runs roughshod over the field, showing no ill effects from the weight cut. 

Snyderman channels his inner 2016, gets a second Olympic gold and people immediately ask if he's the GOAT USA wrestler. 

• Bob 1

obviously the top side would have been better but I don't mind this draw for Zain. Get's the Iranian off the scale and before he has had a warmup match. Maybe we get him tired?

But aren't we also off the scale before a warm up match ?

2 hours ago, Spladle08 said:
7 hours ago, d3grappler said:
obviously the top side would have been better but I don't mind this draw for Zain. Get's the Iranian off the scale and before he has had a warmup match. Maybe we get him tired?

But aren't we also off the scale before a warm up match ?

I know Zain has talked about the tough cut in the past but have you ever seen zain gas at any level? 

• Jagger 1

I know Zain has talked about the tough cut in the past but have you ever seen zain gas at any level? 
I don't recall, but I don't recall Amouzad gassing either. Just doesn't seem like a real "advantage"

10 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Predictions sure to go wrong:

For all that's gone wrong for the US team and as challenging of a weight he's in, I'm thinking (hoping) Zain flips the script and runs roughshod over the field, showing no ill effects from the weight cut. 

Snyderman channels his inner 2016, gets a second Olympic gold and people immediately ask if he's the GOAT USA wrestler. 

I'm feeling good about Snyder. I have...probably an irrational level of confidence in him winning. 

10 hours ago, Gus said:

Definitely not an easy draw for him. Hopefully the cut went well and he looks like the 70kg version of Zain from 2023 worlds. 

That version of Zain...sans the ankles fused together at the end and I think he's got a good shot. 

24 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Based on the draws, who has the best odds of making the finals? I like Blades' chances even though her half looks tough. 

It also looks like Gomez caught a brutal draw.

Snyder has the best draw. He wrestles for gold session 2 tomorrow morning.

65 is a landmine for all 16 competitors and once again is the annual toughest bracket to win due to the elite parity. It's all about who has the hot hand that weekend.

i am an idiot on the internet

3 hours ago, Spladle08 said:
3 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I don't recall, but I don't recall Amouzad gassing either. Just doesn't seem like a real "advantage"

nick lee lost to him but gassed him out so bad he lost to musakeav

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."