Olympic Wrestling ... Day 5

Just now, Pinnacle said:

Anyone else see the ref award Valiev 4 but the scoreboard only gave him 2? 

Happens all the time. Table and chair need to confirm… they made the right call which was only two

• Bob 1

Just now, gimpeltf said:

He was fleeing pretty bad. Should have learned from the first one.

There was only a few seconds between the first one and the match ending + a bogus after-match fleeing call. Valiev was defending at that point just like any wrestler would. He wasn't running away or fleeing. This makes zero sense.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, denger said:

He's the 9th match of a session that begins at 12:15, and it all happens on one mat. 

Two semifinals for each of the three weights that started today, then the two bronze matches in his weight. 

1:00 should be a safe bet. Mostly depends on techs and challenges.

Fortunately, Dake is leading off the session, so NBC can only slow it down a little to tell the story of Benjamin Button. 

Thank you!!!

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

There was only a few seconds between the first one and the match ending + a bogus after-match fleeing call. Valiev was defending at that point just like any wrestler would. He wasn't running away or fleeing. This makes zero sense.

He was backing away and losing contact. It was quick but he should have adjusted after the first one.

Just now, Eagle26 said:

I’m drawing a blank but I remember this happening to someone else in a big match… two cautions in the last ten seconds to lose the match. Anyone remember that?

Not sure it was 2 calls but ...
22WRESTLEweb1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo160

• Bob 2
  • Brain 3

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Maybe...

The events in time, always shifting... sequences can change an outcome.

20170405204540-empire-yoda.jpeg

Unclear, the future is, Hmm-hmm-hmmm!

D3

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

12 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

5-3 or 6-3 Miracle still needed two scores to win...

Yes, but at 5-3 a pushout and a takedown wins. 

Less than 90 seconds against a very seasoned, savvy and dangerous opponent...

The gut-punch-regrettable part is that Miracle did get a pushout and managed to force a takedown - a risky one, not one that Tynybokova simply conceded. 

Kayla wrestled incredibly well against that opponent. Challenging was the wrong decision. 

• Bob 1

Just now, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

MOVE OF THE MEET: 

The Dake Bomb to Head Cradle using Legs.

REASONS:

It came against Iran, and it looked cool. Ended the match with a pin on top of an exclamation point!

I love that Takatani's finish is the only thing that rivaled this!

Two total bangers coming vs Japan this afternoon!

16 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

The events in time, always shifting... sequences can change an outcome.

20170405204540-empire-yoda.jpeg

Unclear, the future is, Hmm-hmm-hmmm!

D3

I can't disagree. Would've been a different strategy from Tynybekova if the score were changed.

The only point I'll make is that Kayla brought her A-Game today. The regrettable part is that they should have trusted her abilities to win that match rather than mistrusting the refs. 

• Bob 1

8 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

MOVE OF THE MEET: 

REASONS:

It came against Iran, and it looked cool. Ended the match with a pin on top of an exclamation point!

Can’t wait to see the match when ever it gets posted!

• Bob 1

9 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

MOVE OF THE MEET: 

REASONS:

Always a strong move to send your opponent off the mat with the smell of your crotch fresh in his nostrils.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, MPhillips said:

Yes...👍

....And, it definitely looked like Kayla was up for challenging it - she affirmed it. 

I'll take that compared to situations where a coach appears to make an executive decision that ends up questionable. 

Gable has a chance to make Bill's practice squad if they see any possibilities, in terms of making active roster zero chance......

Practice squad spot pays nicely ($12,000 a week or around $216,000 for season) although obviously nowhere near the dollars of an active roster player.........Bill's coach McDermott a two time Prep champion (at 174 I believe?) so he will give him every chance to make the practice squad........

https://www.baschamania.com/news/buffalo-bills-head-coach-sean-mcdermott-loves-wrestling-and-credits-much-of-his-success-to-the-sport

Edited by Spladle88