RBY needs to go up a weight? Or hang it up?

I'm sure the weight cut was a big factor but also, who has he been working out with? From a preparation standpoint, he may not have had the best plan/partners to prepare for the meat grinder that is the Olympics... 

22 minutes ago, Doublehalf said:

I'm sure the weight cut was a big factor but also, who has he been working out with? From a preparation standpoint, he may not have had the best plan/partners to prepare for the meat grinder that is the Olympics... 

I doubt that had anything to do with it. I saw some photos of him online and quickly realized a cut like that has to zap one’s strength and speed. 

He has not looked good even with a kg allowance. I think he needs to completely revamp his style if you are hand fighting to just clear ties and circle you are going to get put on the clock and you can't circle the edge against good guys. His speed and athleticism are unmatched but what made him so good in folk I don't believe will work in free.

2 hours ago, Doublehalf said:

isn’t there like a 300 page post about him being nlwc to the core and being in that room and all that…..   

he gave up 7 points on push outs, fleeing, shot clock violations…….

did he try to start par teere in referees position at one point?

I thought I saw an interview with one of the flow guys that he’s committed to 57kg.  He looked great…. Even here in this pic.  

Did Spencer eliminate him from the wrestle backs?   Poetic justice lol 

maybe if nlwc or psu fans donated to his cause a bit more.  Only 119 psu / nlwc fans donated to him.    IMG_6100.thumb.png.2a8b0276ea1cdf805b792771e5221f95.png

IMG_6099.thumb.png.398ae4412ace3e37231e9f3d1a41bc45.png

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

He has not looked good even with a kg allowance. I think he needs to completely revamp his style if you are hand fighting to just clear ties and circle you are going to get put on the clock and you can't circle the edge against good guys. His speed and athleticism are unmatched but what made him so good in folk I don't believe will work in free.

He has been feeling great at 57kg and likes it so much has been planning to stay there for quite a while. This is what we have heard from the PSU/NLWC camp. Guaranteed medal!

I have read posts about how he was such a dynamic scoring machine in college. He could be when he wanted to be, but most of his matches were him backing up, clearing ties, avoiding ties all together, going out of bounds, and playing defense. This doesn’t play well in freestyle. 

I’m not sure what the rest of the day has in store, but I think we can put the “Spencer vs RBY” debate to bed  

3 hours ago, Spladle08 said:

I started to reply with a real answer then I saw the poster

What was wrong with that post?   I bet you more than 119 people donated to Spencer Lee.   

I didn’t try to wrestle a folk style match running the whole time like he did in college.   Who game planned this match with him?  

Find the wrestling room Facebook group run by the minnow…. He’s getting roasted there worse than what/how I commented.

There were plenty of folks on here commenting that rby would beat Lee pre Olympics………….   And with a straight face.  

• Bob 1

What was wrong with that post?   I bet you more than 119 people donated to Spencer Lee.   

I didn’t try to wrestle a folk style match running the whole time like he did in college.   Who game planned this match with him?  

Find the wrestling room Facebook group run by the minnow…. He’s getting roasted there worse than what/how I commented.

There were plenty of folks on here commenting that rby would beat Lee pre Olympics………….   And with a straight face.  
I'm lost. RBY simply isn't a freestyler yet. I'm sure he will go the route of MMA and cash (which he probably should ) .

Just that he needs to hang it up or change weights was harsh I guess. He doesn't need to do either. He just needs more freestyle experience. He could be a tough out for anyone but the match was somebody super experienced and better on their feet. Versus a folkstyle great in his first big international competition down a weight. Lots of factors. .

This whole RBY beating anyone thing needs to miss me. Go over to the RBY thread and find my responses. My expectations were very low.

And I don't do the Minnow-boards, they're just not for me
  • Fire 2

4 hours ago, Caveira said:

did he try to start par teere in referees position at one point?

Yes.  I get not expecting him to medal because he’s “not an experienced freestyler,” but he’s been out of college for over a year, he should know how par terre works.

29 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Does Jimmy Cinnabon need to go to the College forum or hang it up?

I think he needs to go to an entirely new forum. He just looks...bad in a Wrestling Forum. I think a Baseball forum may suit his particular style of posting better. Or...maybe a fake Wrestling forum. I think his fantastical "who'd win, the Rock or the Hulk," style of posts would be wildly popular there. 

I'm even thinking he could get an endorsement by said forum(I'll say anything to get him off here). 

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I think he needs to go to an entirely new forum. He just looks...bad in a Wrestling Forum. I think a Baseball forum may suit his particular style of posting better. Or...maybe a fake Wrestling forum. I think his fantastical "who'd win, the Rock or the Hulk," style of posts would be wildly popular there. 

I'm even thinking he could get an endorsement by said forum(I'll say anything to get him off here). 

I do wonder if he knows how disrespectful towards these athletes that he comes across or if it’s just part of the fun. 

• Bob 1