Paid Letter: The truth about Tim Walz. Just a few issues with his military record. Was only a Master Sergeant.

On 8/17/2024 at 1:25 AM, RockLobster said:

And you do you feel about JD Vance? Prior to joining his ticket:

• Vance, once described himself as a “Never Trump guy”
  • “My god what an idiot,” Vance wrote in one of the tweets. It was one of many tweets now deleted.
  • Vance once questioned whether Trump could be “America’s Hitler” in a private Facebook message in 2016
  • “Mr. Trump is unfit for our nation’s highest office,” he wrote in the op-ed

Seems like he's changed his mind for political gain CONSIDERABLY!

If have even the tiniest amount of integrity, could you reply honestly here?

I like the explanation JD Vance gave when asked the question.

• Fire 1
  • Poopy 1

On 8/16/2024 at 2:32 PM, mspart said:

Yes it is when you do so only for political gain.   No, not when facts prove your position wrong and you change to agree with facts.  

Now I was trying to make a funny about the double standard that is applied.   R's are not allowed to change their minds.  D's are expected to.   Kamala, the architect of the Biden economy is now trying to distance herself from him.   That much is apparent because she is going to "fix" the economy.   But she really cannot hide who she is when she offers money for votes, $25k for first time home purchasers.   That there is sound economic policy.

mspart

Sure it that is THE reason. How can you make that determination, though? How did you in this case?

Can you appreciate KH's position? Still having to finish being the VP for the current President while running to take that position. Possibly having differing opinions on issues. Having to support 46 to getting things done and disagreeing with the how/why of those things while campaigning to be 47. Its a tough needle to thread. 

Interesting policy. My first time hearing about it. Seeing as I wouldn't qualify, I'll still vote for KH. Could your issue with that policy circle back to 'I don't like it because people other than me and/or my friends, will be able to take advantage of it'? Because its something that could make things better for a small group of people. Typically younger. Who have been screwed by the housing market lately. Why are you so against helping people get caught up when they've been put in a hole do to things entirely out of their control? 

A typical mantra of some people is "I ran a gauntlet and suffered, and so must you".  The boomers and to a degree Gen X were given an economic cheat code with low barriers to entry for the housing market.  The modern market is much more difficult and even renting is cost prohibitive.  Hence we see mult generational households and kids not moving out. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Sure it that is THE reason. How can you make that determination, though? How did you in this case?

Can you appreciate KH's position? Still having to finish being the VP for the current President while running to take that position. Possibly having differing opinions on issues. Having to support 46 to getting things done and disagreeing with the how/why of those things while campaigning to be 47. Its a tough needle to thread. 

Interesting policy. My first time hearing about it. Seeing as I wouldn't qualify, I'll still vote for KH. Could your issue with that policy circle back to 'I don't like it because people other than me and/or my friends, will be able to take advantage of it'? Because its something that could make things better for a small group of people. Typically younger. Who have been screwed by the housing market lately. Why are you so against helping people get caught up when they've been put in a hole do to things entirely out of their control? 

Giving out this free cash for houses will again make inflation worse.

My house value just went up $50K if KH hands out $25K. 

Just like giving out money during Covid via the printing machine made everything cost more!!!

Who wants a popsicle?  

• Bob 1

19 minutes ago, jross said:

Giving out this free cash for houses will again make inflation worse.

My house value just went up $50K if KH hands out $25K. 

Just like giving out money during Covid via the printing machine made everything cost more!!!

Who wants a popsicle?  

By this logic won’t everything else like childcare just inflate with the increase of child tax credit that both parties are suggesting?

also how would house value go up 50k if Kamala gave $25k towards a down payment? Wouldn’t the theory be it just increases by the exact amount that’s introduced into the supply and demand?

Edited by braves121

26 minutes ago, braves121 said:

By this logic won’t everything else like childcare just inflate with the increase of child tax credit that both parties are suggesting?

also how would house value go up 50k if Kamala gave $25k towards a down payment? Wouldn’t the theory be it just increases by the exact amount that’s introduced into the supply and demand?

The same way a $1 increase in minimum wage amounts to a $5 increase for journeymen. 

• Bob 1

9 minutes ago, mspart said:

Why argue about this?  Even WAPO said this plan is waco. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/08/15/kamala-harris-price-gouging-groceries/

When your opponent calls you ‘communist,’ maybe don’t propose price controls?

mspart

Oh wow shocking, a paper owned by one of the richest people on earth who got his wealth by famously being pro capitalism and exploiting others for penny’s is against the government stepping in and stopping corporations from seeing record high profits and wealth disparity 

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Oh wow shocking, a paper owned by one of the richest people on earth who got his wealth by famously being pro capitalism and exploiting others for penny’s is against the government stepping in and stopping corporations from seeing record high profits and wealth disparity 

And yet you have nothing at all to say about the merits of the article?   Or is it guilt by association?  Or is it when they agree with you they are a good liberal rag, but when they disagree with you, they are a product of some unnamed rich guy and are in the tank for the wealthy?  

Perhaps a discussion on the merits of the article would be an appropriate response.  Or you could just knee jerk react with an ad hominem that makes very little sense regarding the topic you are responding to.   Only you can decide.  

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Brain 2

6 minutes ago, mspart said:

And yet you have nothing at all to say about the merits of the article?   Or is it guilt by association?  Or is it when they agree with you they are a good liberal rag, but when they disagree with you, they are a product of some unnamed rich guy and are in the tank for the wealthy?  

Perhaps a discussion on the merits of the article would be an appropriate response.  Or you could just knee jerk react with an ad hominem that makes very little sense regarding the topic you are responding to.   Only you can decide.  

mspart

I was wondering if you could post an Article from the CATO Institute from March 5, 2024.  The State of Joe Biden's Inflation Analysis. Thanks. It has some good information.

14 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

Did read it. I think a paper owned by Jeff Bezos publishing an article condemning government intervention in the economy  is very telling and there is a whole thread on here about beware who we get media from and the bias. I recognize WAPO is owned by Jeff bezos so there is no merit to any articles regurgitating the same points against any help for the lower class because he has shown in his business he is exploitative and supports anything to cut down the lower and middle class 

26 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Did read it. I think a paper owned by Jeff Bezos publishing an article condemning government intervention in the economy  is very telling and there is a whole thread on here about beware who we get media from and the bias. I recognize WAPO is owned by Jeff bezos so there is no merit to any articles regurgitating the same points against any help for the lower class because he has shown in his business he is exploitative and supports anything to cut down the lower and middle class 

Again, you are not arguing the article, but association.   What in the article do you disagree with?  Be specific. 

mspart

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

Think about how the rise in education costs was largely driven by the easy availability of student loans. This influx of funding boosted demand for higher education, allowing institutions to raise tuition prices.

Similarly, a $25K incentive for homebuyers would increase demand for houses, enabling sellers to raise prices. There is a limited housing supply, and printing money will cause inflation, resulting in a boost to the home's asking price. Personally, I anticipate asking $50K more for my property...

Edited by jross
fifth time is the charm
  • Bob 2

17 minutes ago, jross said:

Think about how the rise in education costs was largely driven by the easy availability of student loans. This influx of funding boosted demand for higher education, allowing institutions to raise tuition prices.

Similarly, a $25K incentive for homebuyers would increase demand for houses, enabling sellers to raise prices. There is a limited housing supply, and printing money will cause inflation, resulting in a boost to the home's asking price. Personally, I anticipate asking $50K more for my property...

Seems like we will be in a never ending cycle regardless of which party wins, children will still be too expensive to have because everyplace will adjust prices according to the republican child tax credit plan and we won’t be able to buy a house bc every house will go up under dems

4 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

now it's the republican child  tax credit plan

I did say in a post earlier both parties are proposing this. Trying to point out we are ***ducked** no matter what bc apparently both parties have plans that will cause inflation, repbubs with child tax credit and dems with child tax credit and or first time home buyer assistance 

Edited by braves121
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1

32 minutes ago, mspart said:

Will tips inflate because of no tax on tips?   Both poobahs are proposing this.  Although one poobah thought it up first.  

mspart

I dont think individual tips will inflate but the number of cases where folks ask for tips will increase.  Do we even know who we are tipping most of the time.  Went to restaurant Sat night options on the machine on top the $150 bill for 2 were 20%, 25% or 30%.  But who am I actually tipping?  Its not just the server.  I like the French system.  

My barber has a one chair shop, owns it herself, charges $25 per cut.  Why would I tip since she's the owner, she can charge $35 if she wants.  She takes no cc everything cash.  With the no tax policy don't we think she'll count the full $25 as tip?  

Yeah, I think at that point you are tipping the establishment that takes their cut.   I think they have to give some to the employees but that is all handed out equally, not based on the server's service.

I think your Barber if honest will not claim as tip.   Otherwise she will.  

mspart

5 hours ago, 152lbs said:

A typical mantra of some people is "I ran a gauntlet and suffered, and so must you".  The boomers and to a degree Gen X were given an economic cheat code with low barriers to entry for the housing market.  The modern market is much more difficult and even renting is cost prohibitive.  Hence we see mult generational households and kids not moving out. 

you know... a little birdie told me who made this landscape so much more difficult...