Olympic Wrestling... Day 2

15 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Just watched her match with China. Very gritty. 7-4 winner without a single leglace from her. Three takedowns, reattacks only, I think. She got them long arms! Less grumpy now. 

Sarah also smiled during the break. I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen that happen before. I like it! 

Her joy is captivating - makes it easy to be a fan!

She's a rare matchup for most of the field, absorbing their power with all that length. There's always risk in attacking her, but everyone's strategy is to do just that and not give her time for offense. To answer @russelscout, yeah, kinda...I'd say the field rarely gives Hildebrandt time to get to her offense because nobody in the world wants to end up under her - not on her terms anyway. 

I also like her parterre counter-offense that we saw in the quarters: Rather than waiting it out defensively, she's looking for an opportunity down there.

The Mongolian is also a rare matchup in the weight class, and couldn't be a more opposite package from Sarah's length. I didn't see the ranking series win for Hildebrandt, but I can imagine a counter ending in a signature leg lace. 

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Why “smart” wrestle? It’s a positive interview and very informative 

I do not doubt that. I just think it is smart to not be on Facebook. While you miss out on good stuff, like this interview, you avoid a lot more bad stuff that the Facebook engagement algorithm pushes on you.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I do not doubt that. I just think it is smart to not be on Facebook. While you miss out on good stuff, like this interview, you avoid a lot more bad stuff that the Facebook engagement algorithm pushes on you.

100% agreed! 

22 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

For me it was the comments like “can’t go into detail, but pray for me because I’m going through a lot… way more than any of you” or “here are the ways my life/kid/job is better than yours…” 😛 I was worried I’d do serious damage to my vision with all the hard eye rolling.

^^^^^^^^^^Wow... I think that set you on the right way, eh Truzzcat?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 😉

(tanxs Eagle26 😎)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Bob 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

4 hours ago, russelscout said:

For sure! Disappointed to see Micic out though. That was going to be a win for Lee imo…

Can you expand on this comment?  Have you seen any reports that Micic is not competing? Thanks for info and sources.

I made two $500 mortal locks: Susaki and Elor. Another benny on the parlay.

I know that even the greats can get Rulon'd but this is a big time oooooof. Could have sworn I was holding onto three golden short-term CDs when I smashed the place button.

• Bob 1

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, lu1979 said:

Can you expand on this comment?  Have you seen any reports that Micic is not competing? Thanks for info and sources.

Tore his ACL

i am an idiot on the internet

23 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Tore his ACL

that is really a shame - he looked so good at last years WC - I was hoping he would do well and hoping him and Spencer might be on opposite sides and meet for the Gold.