Its over. Joe Biden is stepping down

Paul158

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Biden is not, formally, the nominee until the party convention.  We literally just watched Donald Trump become the nominee like 3 days ago despite campaigning for the last year.

Correct. Do you have any preference on who should be the democratic nominee for President and who you would like for VP.

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Correct. Do you have any preference on who should be the democratic nominee for President and who you would like for VP.

There are pluses and minuses to all options at this point.  Harris makes the most sense from a political logistics perspective.  There are rumors that some of the other popular figures (like Whitmer and Newsom) have indicated they're not interested.  I would guess it will be her.

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

Maybe one of these days you can explain to me why the Chief of the Capital Police was denied the extra security he requested multiple times. This days in advance of Jan. 6th. Have the Extra security there the day before the protest.  Why did the Mayor and the Generals deny the security requested. If you have a large crowd protesting you might want to listen to the individual that has some common sense. That is what people in charge of security are supposed to do. If the Mayor and the Army would have provided the security requested there would not have been a Jan. 6th. The crowd would have been controlled. Never give up security for OPTICS. That was really irresponsible on their part.

That is some messed up thinking. While it certainly would have been better if more law enforcement was present, that does not exonerate the President for inciting violence. It would have been best if Trump did not attempt to foment insurrection. It continues to stun me that so many are willing to give him a pass for this. This is my third rail. I cannot/will not vote for someone who attempts insurrection.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, VakAttack said:

They are essentially required to vote for the person who won the primary, unless that person drops out, in which case they can vote for whomever they want. This is the system for both major parties, to my knowledge.

I bet there's gonna be fireworks at the convention. 

18 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Possibly.  Not likely, though, if none of the major possible nominees run against her, though. 

And why wouldn't they run against her.  Weren't there more than 8 ahead of her in the 2020 primaries? 

What about Bernie or RFK?

Edited by ionel

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

Is Barney Sanders too old to run, he got a lot of votes last time. 

Nobody is too old.  There is no age limit nor term limit.  We can't have nice things.  🤨

• Bob 1

Just now, Scouts Honor said:

btw, you don't hate the press enough.

Four weeks ago, to point out Joe Biden's condition...

it was considered 'misinformation'

'Cheap fake.'  Think there's a thread. 

• Bob 1

28 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Nothing in your video does anything yo exonerate Trump for what he did on and around Jan.6

Holy crap dude...I love you as a poster and love your way of debating but, there is no...zero...nothing that proves Trump incited anything on Jan 6...that is such a reach and a lie.  I think protesting is stupid and dumb...including Jan 6th...but support people's right to do it, but man, there is no way anyone can blame Jan 6th on Trump...there is zero evidence.  I'll use your logic...who incited all the other riots in MN, WA, Etc.??  You going to blame that on Biden??  No...of course not.  People are stupid and do stupid things like riot...period.  

• Bob 1
  • Jagger 1