Its over. Joe Biden is stepping down

16 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

have you been watching the olympic wrestling?

if you have, im wondering if you have been triggered by the ref at the table in the hijab.

it could be her decision to wear it...

or is she expected to be primarily a baby making machine

That was a mess of a post. What's your point child? If you have something to say, just say it.

23 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

have you been watching the olympic wrestling?

if you have, im wondering if you have been triggered by the ref at the table in the hijab.

it could be her decision to wear it...

or is she expected to be primarily a baby making machine

Bruh...what are you talking about?

I do like how we're actually ticking off all the sexist talking points including the "cackling." 

But I'm genuinely at a loss here. What point are you trying to make? A woman working one of the tables was wearing a Hijab, so that means...what now? How does this relate to Harris?

On 8/7/2024 at 2:29 PM, PortaJohn said:

There not going to get that much better.  Marquette (reputable poll) just came out and shes only up by one in Wisconsin.  This is with JFK Jr taking 6% of Trumps vote.  Trump can make a deal with Jr and get all those votes.  And Trump has overperformed his polling in swing states the last 2 election cycles. A sienna (reputable) poll showed Trump leading Harris in NY among Jewish voters.  Let that sink in.  And in the same polll she was only up 14 in the Empire State.  That's bad.  The bad polling in NY has implications in PA.  Especially considering PA has a minuscule Muslim population.  AIPAC just took out Cori Bush this week and Jamaal Bowman a month ago.  Then you have college starting up soon and there are no indications that the Israeli Hamas conflict are slowing down so expect more protests.  What's Kamala going to do?  She already lost the 1% Shapiro would've gotten her in PA.  How is she going to thread that needle?  Piss off the 300K Jewish voters in PA or piss off the 100K muslim voters in Michigan.  She has to win both.  

We haven't even started on her controversial past as a prosecutor in California and a mistrust she has with a good portion of male black voters.  And there is the California effect.  The country in general hates that state's politics.  There is a lot of headwind approaching her campaign.  This notion she is going to run away with this election is illogical 

There have been a number of polls in Wisconsin, the laters I saw...IN Wisconsin by Fox6(Milwaukee area) had Harris with a 2 point lead.

The polls as a whole this past week have ranged from +1 Trump to +6 Harris.

The issue I have is with the last sentence. You went from saying she had "zero chance," to making the argument she's not going to "run away with this election." 

I have other issues like the idea that RFK is going to cut a deal or that his 6% will just go to Trump...that's kinda ridiculous, but nobody is saying she's going to "run away with this election." 

But it IS again a real tossup and there's SO much more energy and enthusiasm. 

This is without her debating Trump, Walz debating Vance and Trump still has more than enough time to melt down(or continue to do so...talking about how she just became black is NOT a winner for him). 

2 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I do like how we're actually ticking off all the sexist talking points including the "cackling." 

But I'm genuinely at a loss here. What point are you trying to make? A woman working one of the tables was wearing a Hijab, so that means...what now? How does this relate to Harris?

Speaking of not understanding what you are talking about...care to elaborate how "cackling" is sexist??  And who are these language police that get to determine what is sexist/racist/etc.??

7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Speaking of not understanding what you are talking about...care to elaborate how "cackling" is sexist??  And who are these language police that get to determine what is sexist/racist/etc.??

No, you're right. You often hear people talking about Men "cackling."

And who's the "language police?" I don't know how to answer such a stupid question. Anyone with the power of observation. 

2 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

No, you're right. You often hear people talking about Men "cackling."

And who's the "language police?" I don't know how to answer such a stupid question. Anyone with the power of observation. 

LOL...so YOU made it up that "cackling" is sexist...got it.  Thanks Captain of the language police!!

By the way, I'll have to let my whole family and all my friends know that they have to stop using the word "cackling" to describe our family (males and females) because some victim chaser on the forum said it is sexist.

• Bob 1
  • Clown 1

3 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL...so YOU made it up that "cackling" is sexist...got it.  Thanks Captain of the language police!!

By the way, I'll have to let my whole family and all my friends know that they have to stop using the word "cackling" to describe our family (males and females) because some victim chaser on the forum said it is sexist.

Yes, I'M the one who "made it up," there sport.

It's definitely not part of a caricature of a witch that dates back literally hundreds of years in relation to women...

Jeesus...you really can't fake this type of stupid. My bad. I assumed it was just people playing dumb. I gave some of y'all too much credit. 

6 hours ago, scourge165 said:

you must not have read the post you quoted was replying to 

On 8/11/2024 at 7:56 AM, scourge165 said:

Yes, I'M the one who "made it up," there sport.

It's definitely not part of a caricature of a witch that dates back literally hundreds of years in relation to women...

Jeesus...you really can't fake this type of stupid. My bad. I assumed it was just people playing dumb. I gave some of y'all too much credit. 

LOL...the irony of you calling anyone dumb

Go find your safe space so those big bad words don't hurt you and you can keep playing the victim 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL...the irony of you calling anyone dumb

Go find your safe space so those big bad words don't hurt you and you can keep playing the victim 

That's ironic? Cackling...a "witches" laugh.

There a lot of male witches? 

They use the term with men a lot?

Or was the last time this was actually used in a campaign...SHOCKINGLY when Hillary ran.

Small minds. Clever bit though. If I can observe something is lazy sexism then I must need a "safe space," right bud! Oooh...you're a clever one...

2 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Or was the last time this was actually used in a campaign...SHOCKINGLY when Hillary ran.

Small minds. Clever bit though. If I can observe something is lazy sexism then I must need a "safe space," right bud! Oooh...you're a clever one...

Wow...it must be exhausting to do the mental gymnastics every day to turn simple words into something that hurts someone or is offensive.

My whole family and friends group use the word for both male and female ALL THE TIME!  When I told a few of them that I guess people in internet land think the word is sexist, I told both male and female, they looked at me like I was crazy and started laughing.  By the way, my family and friend group are about 50/50 when it comes to political views...including a few that are quite far to the left.  And one of the people that laughed the hardest is female and a huge lefty.  So you go live in your "reality" and I'll stay in my sane normal one which refuses to succumb to people like you trying to be the language police and make themselves and everyone a victim.

Edited by Bigbrog

16 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Wow...it must be exhausting to do the mental gymnastics every day to turn simple words into something that hurts someone or is offensive.

My whole family and friends group use the word for both male and female ALL THE TIME!  When I told a few of them that I guess people in internet land think the word is sexist, I told both male and female, they looked at me like I was crazy and started laughing.  By the way, my family and friend group are about 50/50 when it comes to political views...including a few that are quite far to the left.  And one of the people that laughed the hardest is female and a huge lefty.  So you go live in your "reality" and I'll stay in my sane normal one which refuses to succumb to people like you trying to be the language police and make themselves and everyone a victim.

Oh...cool. Another anecdote.

Look...if you think the word specifically used for the caricature of a witch's laugh is not sexist...then sure. It's mental gymnastics.

Remember all the times Trump, Obama, Biden had to hear about their "cackling," or their "shrill" voice?

I mean, of course you do, your friend group has a vastly different lexicon than the rest of the United States and the Western World! C'mon, it's clearly reserved for women, and....to argue otherwise is just silly.

As for the rest of your 50/50 diverse "friend group," I don't think I can adequately put into words how little this interests me. I'm also not arguing in anecdotes as I have an extremely diverse group of friends and I could sit here and tell you 'all the republicans I know have told me cackling is a female characteristic," and it'd hold as much meaning. None.

An anecdote about a personal friend group in a biased conversation...again, could not be more pointless when discussing American Vernacular and where words come from. 

On 8/12/2024 at 10:50 AM, scourge165 said:

Most humans.  Men or women.  Don’t laugh uncontrollably while fumbling through awkward ideas.  Every single time she speaks in public.  This isn’t a sexist female thing it’s more so a poor public speaker thing.   Bla the electric bus “ ha ha ha cackle cackle “ while trying to hold the electric gas pump charging an electric car.    Or the crazy coconut tree lol.      Cackle.  Unburdened by what has been.   Cackle.  

• Bob 2