SCOTUS Ruiling

50 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Can any of the conservatives on here defending this explain why they think a US citizen should be able to break the law without consequence? I thought you were the law and order guys?

biden ignores scotus all the time... 

• Bob 1
  • Jagger 1

20 minutes ago, braves121 said:

The Supreme Court saying the president now has “absolute immunity” instead of “qualified immunity” is giving him more power and believe it or not that goes against the concept of small government :0

is that anything like taking power from his unelected bureaucrats... as in chevron?

they gave it back to congress

• Jagger 1

The Supreme Court didn’t change anything, they simply published what has been understood since the beginning, at least until FJB and Merrick Garland took office.  Weaponizing the justice system to attack your political rival is unconstitutional.  Officials acting officially are protected, officials acting corruptly are not.  Nothing about this part of the ruling is new or improved over what has been practiced for centuries.

What got my attention, made me say: “Wow!” was the part by Clarence Thomas.  He wrote:

"If this unprecedented prosecution is to proceed, it must be conducted by someone authorized to do so by the American people."  

Indicating that Jack Smith is not legally qualified to prosecute this case.

• Bob 2

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The Supreme Court didn’t change anything, they simply published what has been understood since the beginning, at least until FJB and Merrick Garland took office.  Weaponizing the justice system to attack your political rival is unconstitutional.  Officials acting officially are protected, officials acting corruptly are not.  Nothing about this part of the ruling is new or improved over what has been practiced for centuries.

What got my attention, made me say: “Wow!” was the part by Clarence Thomas.  He wrote:

"If this unprecedented prosecution is to proceed, it must be conducted by someone authorized to do so by the American people."  

What's your view on Watergate?

8 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

As a matter of fact, the wise legal masters at SCOTUS, trusted lieutenants to our Mighty Leader, did NOT say that about the weaponization of the justice system.  In fact, they (very wisely of course) encouraged the Wise and Powerful Ruler to collaborate with the Justice Department, and not have it maintain it's independence, which was the dumb way we used to do it!

From Chief Justice Roberts inarguable pen we got this:

“The president may discuss potential investigations and prosecutions with his Attorney General and other Justice Department officials to carry out his constitutional duty to ‘take care that the laws be faithfully executed,’

And the Attorney General, as head of the Justice Department, acts as the President’s ‘chief law enforcement officer’ who ‘provides vital assistance to [him] in the performance of [his] constitutional duty to ‘preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution,’”

27 minutes ago, braves121 said:

The president did not have “absolute immunity” before this ruling. That is giving a government official literally more power than had before it’s comical you can’t see that is big government lol

I didn't say "absolute immunity" and he doesn't have "absolute" now.  

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

As a matter of fact, the wise legal masters at SCOTUS, trusted lieutenants to our Mighty Leader, did NOT say that about the weaponization of the justice system.  In fact, they (very wisely of course) encouraged the Wise and Powerful Ruler to collaborate with the Justice Department, and not have it maintain it's independence, which was the dumb way we used to do it!

From Chief Justice Roberts inarguable pen we got this:

“The president may discuss potential investigations and prosecutions with his Attorney General and other Justice Department officials to carry out his constitutional duty to ‘take care that the laws be faithfully executed,’

And the Attorney General, as head of the Justice Department, acts as the President’s ‘chief law enforcement officer’ who ‘provides vital assistance to [him] in the performance of [his] constitutional duty to ‘preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution,’”

It was written “between the lines” and as for the “way we used to do it” that has only been since Nixon, and predominantly by Republicans.  The Congressionally contemptuous AG Eric Holder made no beans about being O’Bama’s wing man. 

• Bob 1

35 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

What's your view on Watergate?

Watergate does not bother me.

Does your conscience bother you?  Tell me true.

mspart

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, ionel said:

I didn't say "absolute immunity" and he doesn't have "absolute" now.  

Did you read the ruling? The SC used the words “absolute immunity” lmao

19 minutes ago, mspart said:

Watergate does not bother me.

Does your conscience bother you?  Tell me true.

mspart

Guy who backs trump on everything does has no problems with water gate lmao of course