Sammy sasso insinuates he will be competing again in recent IG post

19 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I'm not one to say recruiting a guy shows a character flaw because that's simply not true. That being said I cannot see Tom Ryan recruiting AJ and he seems very loyal to his guys, so I also do not see him throwing Geog aside.

Nick Tavanello would like a word

On 6/25/2024 at 5:37 PM, TNwrestling said:

The tosu boards seem to think its a possibility. 

As a former bucks fan, and now newly again bucks fan, i certainly hope they're wrong. 

Link to buckeye boards?

23 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

How? Kyle Snyder moved up to Heavyweight. He didn’t bring a portal guy in

Right but that was a decision.  Tavanello could have played football, wanted to wrestle and the way I hear things, they knew he wanted to move to heavyweight.  He had a couple decent years and had promise.  That’s the game though I guess

On 6/26/2024 at 12:42 AM, billyhoyle said:

I can't see it either. It would be a huge shift in how he has operated since he started coaching. 

If you do not change, you will be left behind. In this portal world, top teams do and should recruit from other college teams FIRST. A proven college wrestler is worth more than taking a chance on high school wrestler. A small handful of hs guys are sure fire outstanding college wrestlers, but a returning AA level at a "lesser" program has a high degree certainty. 

5 hours ago, Camel Wrestling Fan said:

If you do not change, you will be left behind. In this portal world, top teams do and should recruit from other college teams FIRST. A proven college wrestler is worth more than taking a chance on high school wrestler. A small handful of hs guys are sure fire outstanding college wrestlers, but a returning AA level at a "lesser" program has a high degree certainty. 

I think the comment you’re replying to is more about Ferrari specifically and not getting guys from the portal.  Ryan has acknowledged he has tried to get guys from the portal.

7 hours ago, Camel Wrestling Fan said:

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I think the comment you’re replying to is more about Ferrari specifically and not getting guys from the portal.  Ryan has acknowledged he has tried to get guys from the portal.

Yeah, this ^^^.  Ryan has taken a ton of transfers. He started out his tenure at tOSU by bringing people over from Hofstra. 

3 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Yeah, this ^^^.  Ryan has taken a ton of transfers. He started out his tenure at tOSU by bringing people over from Hofstra. 

IIRC, it was just Pucillo (coming off a redshirt), and Chris Vondruska. We're there any more?

• Bob 1

Imagine if he came back and won it all at 174lbs, beating O'Toole and Haines in the process.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Imagine if he came back and won it all at 174lbs, beating O'Toole and Haines in the process.

It’s a nice thought but a 174lber Haines would break him in half and O’Toole is a better version of Sasso. Better at everything, and not nearly as counter-dependent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

7 hours ago, Le duke said:

It’s a nice thought but a 174lber Haines would break him in half and O’Toole is a better version of Sasso. Better at everything, and not nearly as counter-dependent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be clear, I don't think anyone comes close to O'Toole, Haines included.

Hell, I don't know if Haines gets the nod over Facundo at this point.  I know it was a recently ~157lb Haines vs a Facundo that had acclimated to ~163lbs for the MFS season, but Facundo didn't beat him with Parterre.

Using the season to bulk in to 174lbs on a Redshirt might be what the doctor ordered for him, as it were.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

To be clear, I don't think anyone comes close to O'Toole, Haines included.

Hell, I don't know if Haines gets the nod over Facundo at this point.  I know it was a recently ~157lb Haines vs a Facundo that had acclimated to ~163lbs for the MFS season, but Facundo didn't beat him with Parterre.

Using the season to bulk in to 174lbs on a Redshirt might be what the doctor ordered for him, as it were.

I know the cut was difficult for Haines and as of late it seems like over cutting is a bad thing. Haines seemed so strong at 157 and so hard to get out of position that I wonder if it's actually the perfect weight for him and that he may struggle as he moves up. When I say struggle, I don't mean he won't be a top guy I just mean he may not be THE guy.

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

I know the cut was difficult for Haines and as of late it seems like over cutting is a bad thing. Haines seemed so strong at 157 and so hard to get out of position that I wonder if it's actually the perfect weight for him and that he may struggle as he moves up. When I say struggle, I don't mean he won't be a top guy I just mean he may not be THE guy.

I agree with all you said, but if the guy doesn't want to cut anymore, let him eat.  He's good enough.

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

Wouldn't this season be the 24-25 season. Making the next season 25-26...:classic_dry:

16 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

I believe the "season" has to actually start before calling it "this" season.

When used in reference to time, this indicates current or next. So, both.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge