Bo Bassett Narrows His College List..........From 80 to 73

7 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

Just because people care and pay attention to you doesn't mean you are narcissistic 

I think presuming that anyone cares to watch him widdle away at 80 college programs one by one, when he definitely has it down to 5, is narcissistic.

I'm not trying to expand that into a wide ranging character attack, I'm just saying he is indulging in a behavior indicative of a character flaw. 

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Starting next week, Bassett announced he will no longer be making updates on Twitter (X), but on his "Inner Circle"

Guys I have no idea what this is. I'd imagine you have to sign up and probably pay a subscription service to be in this circle. I really have no clue, I'll wait for Intermat to write the update to see who he eliminates next. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I think presuming that anyone cares to watch him widdle away at 80 college programs one by one, when he definitely has it down to 5, is narcissistic.

I'm not trying to expand that into a wide ranging character attack, I'm just saying he is indulging in a behavior indicative of a character flaw. 

Given his age, there's also a fair chance the kid's dad is doing all this in his name.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Jagger 1

Campbell was eliminated. I was certain he was coming to Buies Creek, NC. My self worth has been crushed. My feelings have been hurt. I am sure the coaching staff is now in scramble mode to fill his projected spot in the projected lineup. 

Either that, or I said dang, I had hoped to hang on a couple more weeks. Had a good laugh and moved on. A small amusement is over.

Good luck Bo, choose wisely. Btw, Bo could always decide to decommit and come to beautiful Campbell University later in the process!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RandolphTJones said:

Starting next week, Bassett announced he will no longer be making updates on Twitter (X), but on his "Inner Circle"

Guys I have no idea what this is. I'd imagine you have to sign up and probably pay a subscription service to be in this circle. I really have no clue, I'll wait for Intermat to write the update to see who he eliminates next. 

Yep, like it or not he's going to monetize his recruitment. I think it's smart. Also, Fletcher is probably 100% on point here - Bassett has been a big name since he was like 14. He wasn't thinking about money at 14.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Camel Wrestling Fan said:

Campbell was eliminated. I was certain he was coming to Buies Creek, NC. My self worth has been crushed. My feelings have been hurt. I am sure the coaching staff is now in scramble mode to fill his projected spot in the projected lineup. 

Either that, or I said dang, I had hoped to hang on a couple more weeks. Had a good laugh and moved on. A small amusement is over.

Good luck Bo, choose wisely. Btw, Bo could always decide to decommit and come to beautiful Campbell University later in the process!

I'm shocked he dropped Campbell so early.  Has he seen the mat?  Who wouldn't want to wrestle on that mat?! 

• Fire 2
  • Ionel 1

13 minutes ago, Gantry said:

It is indeed a great mat...

If you asked high school kids which mat they'd rather wrestle on:  the Iowa black & yellow or the Campbell mat, eleven out of ten are gonna say they wanta wrestle on the Camel!  

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, HokieDave87 said:

Yep, like it or not he's going to monetize his recruitment. I think it's smart. Also, Fletcher is probably 100% on point here - Bassett has been a big name since he was like 14. He wasn't thinking about money at 14.

Was it smart for LeBron to try and monetize his free agency announcement?

Was it smart for Amazon to hold some wide open bidding process for their HQ2 to try and get more money out of the sites that had all but selected before even announcing the bidding process?

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, fishbane said:

Was it smart for Amazon to hold some wide open bidding process for their HQ2 to try and get more money out of the sites that had all but selected before even announcing the bidding process?

Lebron took a dump on his hometown on national TV, if he announced the other way he'd be a hero....he's also still a hero in Cleveland. Bo will be fine if he continues to wrestle well and be personable. He's certainly got the potential to make more money than most wrestlers by far.

Amazon will still profit billions from HQ2 when all is finished, I'll let them make the call.

8 minutes ago, fishbane said:

"What? Smart? Did you say smart? Was it smart when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor."

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RandolphTJones said:

WE ARE DOWN TO 38!

This week's list of teams eliminated off the list:

Army West Point, Campbell, Edinboro, Harvard, Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota State

CC: @Gus

We probably didn’t even want him anyway…

• Bob 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, RandolphTJones said:

WE ARE DOWN TO 38!

This week's list of teams eliminated off the list:

Army West Point, Campbell, Edinboro, Harvard, Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota State

CC: @Gus

I am most disappointed that Illinois was dumped before Iowa.  1st cause I like Illionis and hate Iowa - who doesn't.  But 2nd because its boring right now, not much on Olympics except soccer, ok and rugby, and really want to see a good hat eating.  C'mon @Bulldog if Joey Chesnut can't eat 62 hotdogs you can eat one hat.  Hotdogs are disgusting.  

• Bob 1

23 hours ago, ionel said:

.  C'mon @Bulldog if Joey Chesnut can't eat 62 hotdogs you can eat one hat.  Hotdogs are disgusting.  

Dude- I don't know what you are thinking.  A good kosher dog, premium bun, sauerkraut, onions, and mustard is a little bit of heaven.  Get yourself to Chicago and go find a good hotdog.  Thank me later.

I did not wade through the 10 pages here so apologies if this was covered, but do we know if he'd be academically admissible at a Princetion/Stanford type of school?  Guess those would be the next to be eliminated if he isn't....

3 hours ago, PacMan said:

I did not wade through the 10 pages here so apologies if this was covered, but do we know if he'd be academically admissible at a Princetion/Stanford type of school?  Guess those would be the next to be eliminated if he isn't....

Princeton/Cornell/Stanford have some admissions flexibility for the right recruit. Still higher standards than most schools, but not as strict on academic standards as the other ivies.

On 7/26/2024 at 9:04 AM, PacMan said:

Think I heard he's got like a 4.5 GPA or something crazy like that. I know Academics aren't an issue.

On 7/24/2024 at 1:05 PM, HokieDave87 said:

Yep, like it or not he's going to monetize his recruitment. I think it's smart. 

I’m not sure this one is a great idea.  It looks like his “inner circle” is free to join but it’s basically just a link to the website for some supplement company for the shirt he was wearing.  I assume anyone that signs up is going to get bombarded with emails for supplements.

He “only” has 8k followers on x.  I bet he could have increased that significantly if he kept his updates there.  And if he was going to go this route I feel like it would’ve made more sense to do that through Rudis or something and not a random supplement company, which also seems a little weird since many of his fans are young kids.