Who were the unlucky 7?

VMI

Long Island

Davidson

Utah Valley

Buffalo

Franklin & Marshall

Presbyterian

What will be funny is if a team like Penn State or Iowa is in the next batch of seven.  or if he will continue down the path of eliminating the obvious in the order we would expect

My guess is that these seven were eliminated on the basis of not having not contacted Bassett right away or within 48 hours.  In fairness, I wouldn't have thought these teams would allocate their finite resources toward making calls to unrealistic guys, but I'm not expert there

Next seven?

Pitt Johnstown

Wisconsin Parkside

Millersville

West Liberty

Gardner-Webb

Bloomsburg

Cal State Bakersfield

Also certain schools like the military academies will not just accept him because he's a great wrestler.  he will need to stoop to the level of obtaining congressional support for his nomination, as well as academic, and character-based attributes.

Other schools like Harvard, Stanford, Princeton probably don't care as much about his wrestling and would be unlikely to admit him on that basis only unless his academics are truly outstanding.  

So the notion of having it all be up to him is also incorrect, but could still be a fun exercise to play out.

I posted this in another thread. I like Bo, think he gets way too much hate and I get what he's trying to do but this is a little much. He should've started with like 20-25 realistic programs and narrowed down by a smaller number instead of implying UW-Parkside is in the mix.

26 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

VMI

Long Island

Davidson

Utah Valley

Buffalo

Franklin & Marshall

Presbyterian

What will be funny is if a team like Penn State or Iowa is in the next batch of seven.  or if he will continue down the path of eliminating the obvious in the order we would expect

If only we knew of a guy who could guarantee one of the seven each week.  Think of the following such a guy could achieve.  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

VMI

Long Island

Davidson

Utah Valley

Buffalo

Franklin & Marshall

Presbyterian

Clearly he took Utah Valley off too soon. They are a couple notches above Sacred Heart, Hofstra and some others.

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

My guess is that these seven were eliminated on the basis of not having not contacted Bassett right away or within 48 hours.  In fairness, I wouldn't have thought these teams would allocate their finite resources toward making calls to unrealistic guys, but I'm not expert there

Do you think St Cloud State contacted him?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

All three of you miss the bigger picture. Of course its all for show. Like it or not social media runs our lives now. Bo has 106k followers on IG. He's making money doing IG. Why would he not promote his account? Why would Flo not capitalize on his fame and make money of their own off him? 

flo should be making better content

bassett can do what he wants, but social media prowess isnt a virtue no one is ignorant as to the benefits

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

7 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Let’s a kid be a kid. Wrestling fans are the worst. 

I’ve been MIA bc you guys here literally suck. 

This type of reaction is exactly what he wants, so if anything you should be thanking the people here.

You see it all the time where somebody puts out content that is annoying or unpopular to increase attention and engagement.  The people pointing out how annoying the behavior is are actually helping the person doing the trolling. So the posters here are only helping drive traffic/engagement to somebody who is obviously just attention trolling. 

Edited by billyhoyle

12 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Next seven?

Pitt Johnstown

Wisconsin Parkside

Millersville

West Liberty

Gardner-Webb

Bloomsburg

Cal State Bakersfield

Also certain schools like the military academies will not just accept him because he's a great wrestler.  he will need to stoop to the level of obtaining congressional support for his nomination, as well as academic, and character-based attributes.

Other schools like Harvard, Stanford, Princeton probably don't care as much about his wrestling and would be unlikely to admit him on that basis only unless his academics are truly outstanding.  

So the notion of having it all be up to him is also incorrect, but could still be a fun exercise to play out.

I am down for a predictions contest every Tuesday.

• Bob 1

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I dunno... I would think that it's still, up in the air.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Bob 1
  • Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

16 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

I dunno... I would think that it's still, up in the air.

D3

☁️ 🤔

10 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

flo should be making better content

bassett can do what he wants, but social media prowess isnt a virtue no one is ignorant as to the benefits

what a stupid thing to say lmao

first, you realize theres more than one person at flo right? so they can have more than one thing being made or followed at a time.

second, flo is a media company. they make money off being on social media. just becuase YOU don't like the big bad facebook doesnt mean you're the all knowing seer on how to put out content.

third, and most importantly, bo has over 100k followers, that means over 100k eyes on what he posts. flo would be STUPID not to capitalize on his content. not to mention hes a generational talent and good working relationships bode well for future content. 

just ignorance all around. 

10 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

This type of reaction is exactly what he wants, so if anything you should be thanking the people here.

You see it all the time where somebody puts out content that is annoying or unpopular to increase attention and engagement.  The people pointing out how annoying the behavior is are actually helping the person doing the trolling. So the posters here are only helping drive traffic/engagement to somebody who is obviously just attention trolling. 

You guys are all exhausting. You all say you like AJ's posts and his antics are good for the sport, it gets eyes on wrestling. 

Then Bo does something as harmless as this and you all rage. Your priorities here are all out of whack. 

• Fire 1

59 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I would like to see him eliminate big teams first and leave some small teams to the end, you know, for bragging rights. 

Could be a good recruiting tool for someone like a St. Cloud St.....

"Hey come wrestle for us, we made Bo Bassett's top 30!"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Could be a good recruiting tool for someone like a St. Cloud St.....

"Hey come wrestle for us, we made Bo Bassett's top 30!"

They've won like 5 of the last 10 NCAA D2 championships, so are doing very well in their classification.

44 minutes ago, ionel said:

☁️ 🤔

St. Cloud...

up in the air...

...Obscured by Clouds & though provoking, indeed. 😏

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

18 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

All three of you miss the bigger picture. Of course its all for show. Like it or not social media runs our lives now. Bo has 106k followers on IG. He's making money doing IG. Why would he not promote his account? Why would Flo not capitalize on his fame and make money of their own off him? 

I understand that you're correct in the sense that views are good, but as a larger non-Bassett related statement, I don't think the cultural shift of justifying things solely on that has been a good societal trend.

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Next seven?

Pitt Johnstown

Wisconsin Parkside

Millersville

West Liberty

Gardner-Webb

Bloomsburg

Cal State Bakersfield

I am going to guess that UW-Parkside makes the top 40.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

34 minutes ago, pcostilow said:

I understand that you're correct in the sense that views are good, but as a larger non-Bassett related statement, I don't think the cultural shift of justifying things solely on that has been a good societal trend.

i mean, from a realistic standpoint i guess you're right..

..but as they say, embrace the suck. 

2 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

what a stupid thing to say lmao

first, you realize theres more than one person at flo right? so they can have more than one thing being made or followed at a time.

second, flo is a media company. they make money off being on social media. just becuase YOU don't like the big bad facebook doesnt mean you're the all knowing seer on how to put out content.

third, and most importantly, bo has over 100k followers, that means over 100k eyes on what he posts. flo would be STUPID not to capitalize on his content. not to mention hes a generational talent and good working relationships bode well for future content. 

just ignorance all around. 

Hi Mr. Bassett. Your son is pretty good at wrestling. 

• Haha 1