Beat the Streets

10 hours ago, DocBB said:

Dying of Boredom...worst Sports Production I have ever seen, free or not. Awful...

Only one match matters while others are a time to check emails, texts and return voicemails. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Didn't really learn much about a possible folkstyle match up between these two.  Neither seemed particularly interested in taking a legit shot until the very end.  

15 minutes ago, Wildcat92 said:

Didn't really learn much about a possible folkstyle match up between these two.  Neither seemed particularly interested in taking a legit shot until the very end.  

If you put that side-by-side with the Bartlett - Mendez final this year, it looks nearly identical.  Different rules, yet identical.

Add in that Alirez controlled Bartlett at OTT, even if the score was relatively close.  It shows that Mendez is real close to being 'that guy' right now.

I know styles make matches, but it is rather known that Bartlett is better at MFS than Folkstyle.  Mendez controlled center.  That match would look similar in Folkstyle.

Also, the match was at 150lbs.  It might not need to say anything for Folkstyle.  They may very well be different weights this next Collegiate season.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

If you put that side-by-side with the Bartlett - Mendez final this year, it looks nearly identical.  Different rules, yet identical.

Add in that Alirez controlled Bartlett at OTT, even if the score was relatively close.  It shows that Mendez is real close to being 'that guy' right now.

I know styles make matches, but it is rather known that Bartlett is better at MFS than Folkstyle.  Mendez controlled center.  That match would look similar in Folkstyle.

Also, the match was at 150lbs.  It might not need to say anything for Folkstyle.  They may very well be different weights this next Collegiate season.

Would not be surprised in the least bit to see Mendez hold 65kg for the USA after this year through the next quad. He is legit.

• Bob 3

12 hours ago, DocBB said:

Dying of Boredom...worst Sports Production I have ever seen, free or not. Awful...

On one hand I'm curious to see what the rest of the production looked like, on the other I'm getting bored watching 5 minutes of whatever this bidding is for before the Mendez/Alirez match.

22 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

some pretty cool items up on the silent auction. I'm eyeing the cruise so @ionel dont be trying to drive up the bids just to irritate me

When do you get on the cruise? 

5 hours ago, Gus said:

Would not be surprised in the least bit to see Mendez hold 65kg for the USA after this year through the next quad. He is legit.

In an interview Jesse said he wished the match was at 65 but he was going to take it no matter the weight. I really sold my stock on him after his true freshman year but I don't know that I have seen someone get better nearly every time I see them wrestle in the way that he has.

• Bob 2

21 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I really sold my stock on him after his true freshman year

On a 19-9 true freshman who was sixth at the national tourney? Bet you were feeling pretty smug after that Mathews match...:classic_dry:

• Bob 1

59 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

In an interview Jesse said he wished the match was at 65 but he was going to take it no matter the weight. I really sold my stock on him after his true freshman year but I don't know that I have seen someone get better nearly every time I see them wrestle in the way that he has.

he came out completely different as a sophomore. He was a true freshman AA, but he did do it with all grit - ultimate tie breaker 3 matches in a row. Heading into this past season, I was not expecting an NCAA title until his performance at CKLV.