Heavyweight preseason rankings?

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

After Kerk and Pindrickson I'm not sure how the rest of the rankings should shake out.  With Keuter winning U23s does that slot him in at #3?

1. Kerk

2. Pindrickson

3. Keuter?

I thought he won U20 not U23.

• Bob 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

After Kerk and Pindrickson I'm not sure how the rest of the rankings should shake out.  With Keuter winning U23s does that slot him in at #3?

1. Kerk

2. Pindrickson

3. Keuter?

Add a one in front of that three.

His best win last year was over Konner Doucet. Doucet was also losing to low AA (Slavikouski) / R12 (Taylor, Heindselman) guys, so that is the range Kueter belongs in, call it 10 - 15, to start the season.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Add a one in front of that three.

His best win last year was over Konner Doucet. Doucet was also losing to low AA (Slavikouski) / R12 (Taylor, Heindselman) guys, so that is the range Kueter belongs in, call it 10 - 15, to start the season.

So Focus should be the hwt for Iowa then?  🙄

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

1. Kerk

2. Pindrickson

3. Keuter?

Why do you disrespect Lucas Stoddard so much?  

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

As a PSU fan? Yes, please, and thank you and may I have another.

ftfy cause there's two more available.  🙂

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

1. Kerk

2. Pindrickson

3. Keuter?

See this is why we cant take you seriously. You really threw Keuter above Henderickson, Bastida, Feldman, Schultz etc etc

5 hours ago, Gus said:

Probably 

1- Kerk

2- Wyatt

3- Feldman

4- Schultz

5- Bastida

6- Slav

7- Trumble

8- TGhadali

Wrestlestat has since moved Trumble back to 197lbs for NC State with Trephan back at 285lbs... not sure why.  I would prefer Trumble at 285lbs.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

23 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Wrestlestat has since moved Trumble back to 197lbs for NC State with Trephan back at 285lbs... not sure why.  I would prefer Trumble at 285lbs.

I think it fits their lineup better with Trumble at 197 however I agree he's better at heavy.

3 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I think it fits their lineup better with Trumble at 197 however I agree he's better at heavy.

Trumble has gotten really good. He bulked up too. Wonder if he can make 197 again? 

11 hours ago, creek chub said:

Trumble has gotten really good. He bulked up too. Wonder if he can make 197 again? 

I don't want him below 97 KG.  He is our #2 at 97 KG.

• Brain 1

45 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't want him below 97 KG.  He is our #2 at 97 KG.

Makes you wonder how much his lack of folkstyle success is related to making 197. He is very good in freestyle, meaning his neutral skills are good. In folkstyle, he is definitely above average on top. So either he is terrible on bottom or the cut is far too big and he is a shell of himself.

Just now, Gus said:

Makes you wonder how much his lack of folkstyle success is related to making 197. He is very good in freestyle, meaning his neutral skills are good. In folkstyle, he is definitely above average on top. So either he is terrible on bottom or the cut is far too big and he is a shell of himself.

He is like 6'9" tall, too.  It's ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He is like 6'9" tall, too.  It's ridiculous.

And he is filling out to the point where he is looking like a big 97kg guy. Going down to 197 to get Trephan (who has never AA’d and lost to Bradley Hill at NCAA’s last year) in the lineup seems like a bad call. Pat Pop does have some guys pull serious weight though (for example the Hidlay bros). 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gus said:

And he is filling out to the point where he is looking like a big 97kg guy. Going down to 197 to get Trephan (who has never AA’d and lost to Bradley Hill at NCAA’s last year) in the lineup seems like a bad call. Pat Pop does have some guys pull serious weight though (for example the Hidlay bros). 

I also think it is a bad idea.  The problem is that one of them wouldn't simply sit for one year.  It would be two years.  They are both Junior eligible this year.

Edit: Nope.  Trephan is a senior, unless he can get a medical for a prior year - my bad.

Edited by nhs67

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gus said:

I mean, he has beaten Nico Bonnacorsi and blew a match against Nico via power bomb the year Nico won it.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I mean, he has beaten Nico Bonnacorsi and blew a match against Nico via power bomb the year Nico won it.

He has had nice wins in Folkstyle but is a zero time AA in 2 tries. In freestyle he is a U23 world champion and made the finals of the US Olympic trials. 

1 minute ago, Gus said:

He has had nice wins in Folkstyle but is a zero time AA in 2 tries. In freestyle he is a U23 world champion and made the finals of the US Olympic trials. 

Yes.  I think it is the weight, and the more he makes it the tougher he gets.  He makes it 2-3 days in a row and it takes a lot out of him.

My Wolfpack has also been underperforming as a team at the NCAA tournament.  I don't think it is the overseeding stuff with saw with Mizzou in the MAC.  There might be some of that but NC state has been placing below guys they have beaten during the regular season, so there might be peaking issues... perhaps weight related.

Trumble is incredible at exposing guys in Free and while he is similarly funky in folk I think in instances where he gets points in free and then can bail sometimes he hangs on too long in folk and gives up unnecessary points. I have not watched him enough to know this for sure but from the glimpses Ive seen in folk that seems to be an issue. Free also generally tends to cause more wrestling exchanges where as in folk you can wrestle a tighter match and he seems like the type of guy that does bet the more exchanges he's in.

41 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Trumble is incredible at exposing guys in Free and while he is similarly funky in folk I think in instances where he gets points in free and then can bail sometimes he hangs on too long in folk and gives up unnecessary points. I have not watched him enough to know this for sure but from the glimpses Ive seen in folk that seems to be an issue. Free also generally tends to cause more wrestling exchanges where as in folk you can wrestle a tighter match and he seems like the type of guy that does bet the more exchanges he's in.

Horsepower also has a lot to do with it as well.  97 KG is just over 16lbs heavier than 197lbs.  Adding an additional 16lbs to that frame is a lot.  Actually, a more accurate statement would be that losing an additional 16lbs off of his already very lean 97 KG (~213lbs) frame is a detriment to his peak performance capabilities.

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

This confused me so hard for about twelve seconds.

I was like "HFS he wrestled Nico?!"

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Horsepower also has a lot to do with it as well.  97 KG is just over 16lbs heavier than 197lbs.  Adding an additional 16lbs to that frame is a lot.  Actually, a more accurate statement would be that losing an additional 16lbs off of his already very lean 97 KG (~213lbs) frame is a detriment to his peak performance capabilities.

This confused me so hard for about twelve seconds.

I was like "HFS he wrestled Nico?!"

I was concerned about that!

Seriously though, did anyone see this match?  Had a lead and power bombed Bonnacorsi in the 3rd. Match went into OT, where Trumble lost.

7:25 ish

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

8 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I was concerned about that!

Seriously though, did anyone see this match?  Had a lead and power bombed Bonnacorsi in the 3rd. Match went into OT, where Trumble lost.

7:25 ish

lol that is good

• Bob 1