Does anyone said about non Olympic weight class trial will be Omaha?

Does anyone said about non Olympic weight trial or tournament will be on Omaha or NYC? Also is that mean it will be only one tournament to pick a spot right away? 

Translation I think:

For non olympic weights, will there be a wrestle off that will determine the reps for those 4 weights to the non olympic weights world championships?  And will this be a mini tourney only winner takes all, or will there be a mini tourney and then a final X type 2 out of 3 bout arrangement to determine the rep?

That's what I got out of it. 

mspart

8 minutes ago, mspart said:

Translation I think:

For non olympic weights, will there be a wrestle off that will determine the reps for those 4 weights to the non olympic weights world championships?  And will this be a mini tourney only winner takes all, or will there be a mini tourney and then a final X type 2 out of 3 bout arrangement to determine the rep?

That's what I got out of it. 

mspart

Yes almost .  What do you think? I'm just posting it cause someone said about they will have it on spetember for tournament but I'm not sure if that's true

16 minutes ago, sean35 said:

Yes almost .  What do you think? I'm just posting it cause someone said about they will have it on spetember for tournament but I'm not sure if that's true

I believe the World championships are at the end of October 28-31.  It is usually in September in a non Olympic year.  Don't quote me but I believe there is a Non Olympic weight qualifier.  Perhaps @Husker_Du can clarify.  

In 2016, I think they used the Farrell as a "qualifier" for the non-Olympic WTTs. Not sure what they'll do to decide who can compete this time. Nothing's published, which is odd when they've known far in advance this event will happen. Just a guess...Olympic reps not eligible, obviously; anyone who wrestled OTTs is eligible; and they hold a last-chance qualifier to hand out 3 to 5 more bids per weight.

Whatever the case, they did 2 days last time for the WTTs: Day 1 Challenge Tournament and Day 2 Best-of-3 Finals.

I'm guessing all normal procedures would apply. Vito and Zahid would advance to the Finals--and DT gets a bye to the Challenge semi's at 79 or 92 😁

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

How many times have they ever had a non-Olympic weight worlds? Once?

Not exclusively,  but the world championships this year are in October and they obviously have all 10 weights, which I think is what the OP is asking.   I can't remember how they qualify the non Olympic weights for worlds following the Olympics.    

4 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Not exclusively,  but the world championships this year are in October and they obviously have all 10 weights, which I think is what the OP is asking.   I can't remember how they qualify the non Olympic weights for worlds following the Olympics.    

You qualify non-Olympic weights by participating in continentals.

10 weight worlds are in October?  Really?  Are you sure?

The only precedent would be 2021, but that was because of Olympic postponement.  At some point we had a four weight "non-Oly worlds." prob only in 2016.  I think that is the subject here?

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

You qualify non-Olympic weights by participating in continentals.

10 weight worlds are in October?  Really?  Are you sure?

The only precedent would be 2021, but that was because of Olympic postponement.  At some point we had a four weight "non-Oly worlds." prob only in 2016.  I think that is the subject here?

I'm not talking about qualifying the weight, but about who the US qualifier will be at the non Olympic weights.  

Previously, Olympic medalists were offered a spot on the team, so I assume there will be another team trial qualifier for the remaining weights, but I can't find it published.

According to the schedule, worlds are scheduled from October 28th to the 31st this year and returns to September in 25.   Obviously it seems late but that's what schedule says. 

1 minute ago, Threadkilla said:

I'm not talking about qualifying the weight, but about who the US qualifier will be at the non Olympic weights.  

Previously, Olympic medalists were offered a spot on the team, so I assume there will be another team trial qualifier for the remaining weights, but I can't find it published.

According to the schedule, worlds are scheduled from October 28th to the 31st this year and returns to September in 25.   Obviously it seems late but that's what schedule says. 

Can anyone verify a 10 weight world championship this year? 

25 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Uh yeah... non-Olympic only

https://uww.org/event/seniors-world-championships-non-olympic-weight-categories/news

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

25 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Can anyone verify a 10 weight world championship this year? 

Definitely non-Olympic ONLY this year in October. Four weights for all three styles.

And this definitely only happened once before--in 2016.

In 2020 there was obviously nothing--neither Olympics nor Worlds--so in 2021 they did both the Olympics plus a 10-weight Worlds to make up for it.

Before 2016, there were always 7+ weights in freestyle and Greco at the Olympics, so nothing like this was deemed necessary.

Edited by maligned
  • Bob 3

2022 10–18 September Serbia Belgrade, Serbia United States Turkey Japan

2023 16–24 September Serbia Belgrade, Serbia United States Azerbaijan Japan

2024 28–31 October Albania Tirana, Albania — — —

2025 13–21 September Croatia Zagreb, Croatia  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, maligned said:

Definitely non-Olympic ONLY in October. Four weights for all 3 styles.

And this definitely only happened once before--in 2016.

In 2020 there was obviously nothing--neither Olympics nor Worlds--so they did both the Olympics, plus an all-weights Worlds in 2021 to make up for it.

Before 2016, there were always 7+ weights in freestyle and Greco at the Olympics, so nothing like this was deemed necessary.

Thanks for the clarification.  I only looked back to 2021 and forgot to compensate for covid.

Edited by Threadkilla

Vito- Gold

Yianni- I love yianni so I will not be predicting I think with zain being ineligible this could be a weak weight for us until Yianni has more time to grow into it.

JB- Gold completely based off of his revenge arc Aura

Zahid- There is no reason he should be losing to nurmagomedov again silver/gold depending on ghasempour

11 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Born in NY, grew up in Chicago. Do you follow Cuban wrestling too?

Yes of course. I don't follow too much inside wrestling federation politic but Wrestlers . Geandry garzon use to be my favorite wrestler along with Greco  wrestler Molina .

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

13 hours ago, sean35 said:

Yes of course. I don't follow too much inside wrestling federation politic but Wrestlers . Geandry garzon use to be my favorite wrestler along with Greco  wrestler Molina .

Since you follow it a bit more closely than most of us, do you have any insight as to why the federation seems to have stopped caring about wrestling?

It is curious that they have been sending partial teams for any style.  I know they typically focus on Olympic weights, but there have been some prominent tournaments in the last year or two that they just haven't been sending even those weights at.

Is it a precaution so as to not lose more wrestlers to defection?

It is pretty clear that one of the reasons for the USA rising to be the lone power in the western hemisphere is that Cuba has sort of taken a step back.  It doesn't even necessarily look like a step back in quality as it is quantity.

My apologies to you gents for getting off topic - just curious on this one.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

14 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

Vito- Gold

Yianni- I love yianni so I will not be predicting I think with zain being ineligible this could be a weak weight for us until Yianni has more time to grow into it.

JB- Gold completely based off of his revenge arc Aura

Zahid- There is no reason he should be losing to nurmagomedov again silver/gold depending on ghasempour

Yianni has grown into the 70 kg weight.  That was part of his problem at OTT.  Brutal weight cut.