Mark Hall to Oklahoma

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

if he got a lesbian dance theory degree I'd be marginally less impressed than if he got a masters in business.

"marginally"  🤔

• Bob 1

8 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

if he got a lesbian dance theory degree I'd be marginally less impressed than if he got a masters in business.

You don't know dick about lesbian dance theory bro...:classic_dry:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

You don't know dick about lesbian dance theory bro...:classic_dry:

I stay away, its like kryptonite to my patriarchal powers.

Edited by Hammerlock3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

This looks like a good one:

Biography

My dissertation is on fantasies of limitless energy in the transatlantic Romantic imagination from 1760-1860. My goal is to write a prehistory of metabolic rift, Marx's term for the disruption of energy circuits caused by industrialization under capitalism. I am particularly interested in theories of the imagination and poetry as interpreted through a Marxian lens in order to update and propose an alternative to historicist ideological critiques of the Romantic imagination. Prior to joining Columbia, I worked as a political strategist for leftist and progressive causes and remain active in the higher
education labor movement.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I can’t imagine he did, he was an RTC athlete and coach, not a student as far as I know.

If he did, good for him, penn is legit. 

Is it? The Leah Thomas position tells me it's not.

• Brain 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1
  • Stalling 1

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Biography

My dissertation is on fantasies of limitless energy in the transatlantic Romantic imagination from 1760-1860. My goal is to write a prehistory of metabolic rift, Marx's term for the disruption of energy circuits caused by industrialization under capitalism. I am particularly interested in theories of the imagination and poetry as interpreted through a Marxian lens in order to update and propose an alternative to historicist ideological critiques of the Romantic imagination. Prior to joining Columbia, I worked as a political strategist for leftist and progressive causes and remain active in the higher
education labor movement.

You go Off!  🙂

7 hours ago, TexRef said:

How many other D1 college coaches have taken the Director of Wrestling Operations job, before becoming a Head Coach? 

Mrs. Marinelli is still young, she has time to ascend to a HC job.

• Brain 1
  • Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

20 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Mark is quite Young, 26 I believe. His aspiration has been to get into coaching which he has been doing while he's been competing.

You are forgetting he redshirted in junior high.  He is 27.

• Bob 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

You are forgetting he redshirted in junior high.  He is 27.

Fascinating,  he didn't redshirt in college.   He graduated in 2020 with a communications degree after 4 years at PSU.  

• Bob 1

10 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Kish is 2nd year, and has a pretty good track record,  they have cause for optomism.

I'm not overly optimistic. OU was pretty rancid last year despite all the guys who transferred over with Kish. I hope your optimism is correct. 

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I'm not overly optimistic. OU was pretty rancid last year despite all the guys who transferred over with Kish. I hope your optimism is correct. 

His two best guys went to Iowa last year and both were All Americans Caiiendo and Frank. 

14 hours ago, TexRef said:

How many other D1 college coaches have taken the Director of Wrestling Operations job, before becoming a Head Coach? 

are you implying this is an achievement? I don't know the rules but it strikes me as a way to grease in a coach under the volunteer assistant.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

8 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

are you implying this is an achievement? I don't know the rules but it strikes me as a way to grease in a coach under the volunteer assistant.

It isn't the normal path taken by D1 coaches. 

On 5/16/2024 at 9:38 AM, Hammerlock3 said:

Lesbian Dance Theory 101

Professor:  Brandon Slay

Aw with any great wrestler, his work is thorough. I understand Mark's thesis has been summited at U Penn:

Title: “Movements of Resistance: Exploring the Intersection of Lesbian Identity and Contemporary Dance”

Abstract: This dissertation will investigate how contemporary dance has been used as a form of expression and resistance within lesbian communities. It will explore the historical context of lesbian dance theory, analyze key performances, and discuss the impact of dance on lesbian identity politics. The research will involve a combination of qualitative methods, including interviews with dancers and choreographers, analysis of dance performances, and a review of relevant literature on gender, sexuality, and dance theory.