World OG qualifier brackets are out...

Posted (edited)

The old warhorse Ibragimov has put his shoes in the mat center... leaving the years of competition at the ripe young age of 38!!!

(... a lot of miles on for a 97Kg'er.😉)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Unable to watch, driving.  I'm following here and it was 2-2 w 36 seconds to go and I was kinda coming out of my skin.

Dude, you need to learn to pull over for 10min.  

• Haha 1
  • Stalling 1
  • Racing Family 1

24 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Well, PortaJohn, after that 4 match gauntlet that Zain marched thru... he surely must felt that he landed on Iwo Jima AND climbed Mt Suribachi as well!

D3

Zain's run was more impressive than Rocky Balboa summiting the Grand Tetons Wyoming in Siberia Russia in feets of snow with no mountaineering gear 

• Haha 2

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

Zain's run was more impressive than Rocky Balboa summiting the Grand Tetons Wyoming in Siberia Russia in feets of snow with no mountaineering gear 

"... isn't the Grand Tetons in the USA?

Relax, PortaJohn is on a roll..."

D3

• Wrestle 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Just think about what Retherford had to endure this weekend… a brutal weight cut with two weigh ins, 7 matches against extremely tough competition, and had to deal with that huge gash above his eye (I know he’s probably used to that by now lol). But seriously, what a warrior!

• Bob 1
  • Stalling 1

18 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Just think about what Retherford had to endure this weekend… a brutal weight cut with two weigh ins, 7 matches against extremely tough competition, and had to deal with that huge gash above his eye (I know he’s probably used to that by now lol). But seriously, what a warrior!

I think we can forgive him for the failed leg lace against Destribats at the 2020 Pan Am continental qualifier.

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

scroll down a bit in the article its a pic of Aman and Spencer standing next to each other

He is skinny and Spencer is small.  Gilman dwarfed Spencer at OTT.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

39 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Given the same draw, I don't think any of our other guys get it done. 
Well done by the Train. 
Excited for the Olympics, hope he gets a decent draw 

I think a guy like Mendez could possibly beat Ochir.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Wrestle 2

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think a guy like Mendez could possibly beat Ochir.

I think Ochir may be Zains worst matchup aside from maybe dudaev I like his style against Amouzad and musakaev a lot.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

Is the bent leg Turk legal in freestyle?   I'm talking about how Zain would have the foot by the ear like he did in college.  You don't get much time to use it in freestyle, but Zain worked it as good as he could in the final match.  It's brutal..

Zain's brutality is only matched by his humility. My favorite Penn State wrestler ever.

• Fire 1

Just caught up on all the matches and hell yeah Zain. I didn't think he'd be able to run that gauntlet and make it, but he proved me wrong. Let's hope he can bring back some hardware in Paris, baby!! 

12 hours ago, SocraTease said:

Yes, all signs indicate that Spencer Lee is extremely strong. His top game and gut wrench is one indication.  Another sign is that he can do one-arm pull ups without the aid of the other arm supporting the active arm.  I once challenged fellow wrestlers in a wrestling room to do this and no one could.

Dan Dennis touches on Spencer's strength in this interview. Says it's equivalent to wrestling a 165lber. He also said that Spencer was whooping his butt even when Dennis was on the Olympic team (and Spencer was in high school), he was that good. 

I think if Spencer wrestles to his ability, he can bring home the gold. His par terre was incredible this tourny. 

• Fire 1

Great job from Spencer, I’m glad to see him wrestle without any apparent issues. He did a great job, qualifying. 
Zain, what an absolute monumental performance from him, very impressive. 
Congrats to both and I look forward to seeing them Win Golds in Paris, (along with all our other wrestlers). 

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

I think Ochir may be Zains worst matchup aside from maybe dudaev I like his style against Amouzad and musakaev a lot.

Amouzad is a bad matchup for him too.  Those long arms might get his ankles picked.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, pokemonster said:

Dan Dennis touches on Spencer's strength in this interview. Says it's equivalent to wrestling a 165lber. He also said that Spencer was whooping his butt even when Dennis was on the Olympic team (and Spencer was in high school), he was that good. 

I think if Spencer wrestles to his ability, he can bring home the gold. His par terre was incredible this tourny. 

Agree on the last point. Keep in mind at WC’s last year, Stevan Micic went on an impressive run and won gold. If Micic can do it, Spencer Lee absolutely can too. 

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

PNWfan