Iowa's incoming transfers?

Once they are done with the portal I think Iowa's lineup looks like this for next year:

125: Figueroa

133: Crookham

141: Alirez/Mendez

149: Alirez/Henson

157: Haines

165: Mesenbrink

174: Starocci

184: Keckeisen

197: Buchanan

285: Kerkvliet

There will be a three way wrestle off between Alirez, Henson, and Mendez for the two spots.

With this lineup, I think they keep it a little closer to PSU, but in the end it isn't enough.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2
  • Potato 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Once they are done with the portal I think Iowa's lineup looks like this for next year:

There will be a three way wrestle off between Alirez, Henson, and Mendez for the two spots.

With this lineup, I think they keep it a little closer to PSU, but in the end it isn't enough.

Will they also portal in a new head coach?  🤔

11 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Starocci will be at 184 but the rest checks out.

2 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

With their own wrestlers.  Take away Iowa's store-bought transfers and they take 18th.

I'm very sorry that their attempts to recruit high-end transfers have so far failed.  Maybe Hendrickson will change his mind?

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I'm very sorry that their attempts to recruit high-end transfers have so far failed.  Maybe Hendrickson will change his mind?

I'm very sorry that Iowa buys 2/3 of their NCAA points yet still can't buy a trophy.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

With their own wrestlers.  Take away Iowa's store-bought transfers and they take 18th.

Maybe Mizzou should get some "store-bought transfers" because having 5 of "their own wrestlers" go 0-2 at the dance can't be fun.

• Bob 2

1 minute ago, Winners Circle said:

Maybe Mizzou should get some "store-bought transfers" because having 5 of "their own wrestlers" go 0-2 at the dance can't be fun.

It wasn't, but stealing studs from other teams is not the answer.  That does nothing but hurt the sport.

Just now, KCMO2 said:

I'm very sorry that Iowa buys 2/3 of their NCAA points yet still can't buy a trophy.

Still can't buy a trophy THIS YEAR, thank you very much.  Pretty much every other year, though....hey when was the last time your team won a trophy?  And how many in the history of your program?

3 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

It wasn't, but stealing studs from other teams is not the answer.  That does nothing but hurt the sport.

Like it or not, it's the world we're living in. Get with it or get left behind. Okie State was very much against it in the beginning and saw their results dip. But finally brought in a stud transfer (Olejnik), and liked how that experiment went and now are all in on it. It's part of the deal if you want to win.

Edited by Winners Circle

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

LOL Missouri is literally recruiting transfers HARD right now as we speak.  They were in on McGonagle (and lost out) and are currently in on Hendrickson.

My transfer activity is virtuous. All other is tawdry.

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Like it or not, it's the world we're living in. Get with it or get left behind. Okie State was very much against it in the beginning and saw their results dip. But finally brought in a stud transfer (Olejnik), and liked how that experiment went and now are all in on it. It's part of the deal if you want to win.

Elaborating further. 4 out of the top 5 teams this year had multiple transfers in their lineup, with Cornell being the exception (I don't think Ivies can even take transfers). 

Edited by Winners Circle

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Still can't buy a trophy THIS YEAR, thank you very much.  Pretty much every other year, though....hey when was the last time your team won a trophy?  And how many in the history of your program?

Really want to bring up the past?  I remember when Iowa won trophies and titles with their own wrestlers.  Now they buy 2/3 of their points and still can't trophy.  How's that working out? 

I understand that times have changed, but christ, if they even did a half-assed job of developing their own talent this year then they half trophied.  

• Bob 2

5 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Really want to bring up the past?  I remember when Iowa won trophies and titles with their own wrestlers.  Now they buy 2/3 of their points and still can't trophy.  How's that working out? 

I understand that times have changed, but christ, if they even did a half-assed job of developing their own talent this year then they half trophied.  

You're bringing up this year, but your team took 11th.  You're bringing up the lack of a trophy this year without acknowledging that they lost multiple starters (including high point scorers) to a stupid (and illegal) gambling sting operation that only two schools in the country had to deal with.  You're criticizing bringing in transfers while your team is actively recruiting transfers.  You're just being disingenuous because you want to dunk on Iowa, but they literally outperformed your team (and it's two total team trophies). 

I have to grin and bear it from teams that beat Iowa, but not from the 11th place finisher who on a yearly basis underperform their seeds, no sir, not on my watch.

Edited by VakAttack
  • Bob 2
  • Brain 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Not shittalk. I heard most of HR/GIA was about to post this.

By heard I meant felt. By felt I meant hoped. By hoped I meant made up.

But are you willing to bet 1M CB that this is the lineup?  

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Good point. So either Hendrickson cuts to 174, or Braeden Davis bulks up to 174. Maybe both and another wrestle off.

Kyle Dake started aging backwards about 4-5 years ago so he may have a year of eligibility back he could slot in.

I wonder if Jacori ends up going 165, I know that was the original plan, but by the sounds of it there is no way levi is doing 157 again so you'd think it would be worth it to make the cut at what looks like a deep but wide-open weight next year. Meyer will be back, but they never hit so while I'm one of the biggest believers in Meyer there is you'd have to put Jacori as the pre-season favorite and close to a lock to make the finals.

Just now, Truzzcat said:

Kyle Dake started aging backwards about 4-5 years ago so he may have a year of eligibility back he could slot in.

Little known fact is, not only is Dake getting younger, he is also getting larger and smaller at the same time. It is a quantum thing. If you aren't a theoretical physicist you wouldn't understand. But, as a result, he is actively petitioning the NCAA to change the compete at one weight rule. Cornell and PSU lawyers (again - the quantum thing) are all over this.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Depends. What is the exchange rate between CB and Stanley Nickels?

Probably about 1 to 1 when you place the bet.  But the beauty of the cinna-buck is it becomes worthless upon transfer to pay off the debt from a losing bet.