Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

5 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Warrants for Hamas leaders are being proposed in the same process by the ICC. All of this information is out there if you cared to look for it.

Proposed??????  Wtf?   Get it done. 

5 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

And yet, twice we were assaulted by police in riot gear with snipers on the roof. Where are the tears for us? 

jewish students are being threatened, attacked and having lives disrupted

but are asking for sympathy b/c you went to a protest? 

wtf planet are you on? 

i get it now. it's about you. douchebag. 

• Fire 1

TBD

wtf planet are you on? 

There are also plenty of Jewish students who are part of the protests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

15 minutes ago, Le duke said:

willie keeps doing the slippery thing where he specifies jewish students to imply it’s because they’re jewish and that they’re not subject to the same blockade everybody is and then whenever you ask him to demonstrate that they’re actually being targeted he backs down. 

18 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Define plenty.

You do realize the protest organizers are putting these Jewish students front and center.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

wtf planet are you on? 

i’m not asking for sympathy. just pointing out your hypocrisy. 

you pull the race card because you know you can’t talk your way around 15k dead children who you don’t care about because they’re not white. racist. 

24 minutes ago, Le duke said:

and there are queers who protesting for muslims.

wtf is your point unless it's that humanity is currently ***I am an idiot and can't use a better adjective***ed? 

TBD

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

i’m not asking for sympathy. just pointing out your hypocrisy. 

you pull the race card because you know you can’t talk your way around 15k dead children who you don’t care about because they’re not white. racist. 

there are Jews being threatened.

and you make a post about how unfairly you were treated on your day off.

idk for sure, but i'd lay a healthy amount you're a white privileged single dork on the verge of terrorism. 

TBD

3 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Define plenty.

You do realize the protest organizers are putting these Jewish students front and center.

their is a huge anti-zionist movement among young american jews. assuming all jews must be zionist is antisemitic. 

i was introduced to this issue in college by my jewish anti-zionist friends.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/22/opinion/israel-american-jews-zionism.html

In 2021, even before Israel’s current far-right government took power, the Jewish Electorate Institute found that 38 percent of American Jewish voters under the age of 40 viewed Israel as an apartheid state, compared with 47 percent who said it’s not.”

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

there are Jews being threatened.

and you make a post about how unfairly you were treated on your day off.

idk for sure, but i'd lay a healthy amount you're a white privileged single dork on the verge of terrorism. 

there are also antizionist jews and muslims being threatened by zionists and right wingers. you don’t seem to care much.

*guy who thinks it’s okay to kill 15k children*: patriot

*guy who doesn’t*: terrorist  

your moral clarity is astounding willie

13 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

and there are queers who protesting for muslims.

wtf is your point unless it's that humanity is currently ***I am an idiot and can't use a better adjective***ed? 

imagine thinking people different from you also deserve basic human rights. i imagine that’s pretty hard for a racist to understand but hopefully you do someday!

18 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

their is a huge anti-zionist movement among young american jews. assuming all jews must be zionist is antisemitic. 

i was introduced to this issue in college by my jewish anti-zionist friends.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/22/opinion/israel-american-jews-zionism.html

In 2021, even before Israel’s current far-right government took power, the Jewish Electorate Institute found that 38 percent of American Jewish voters under the age of 40 viewed Israel as an apartheid state, compared with 47 percent who said it’s not.”

@BuckyBadger and this number skews much higher the younger you go. the majority of 20 year old jews in this country are anti-zionist. 

unfortunately, (antisemitic) people can’t wrap their heads around jews not having dual loyalty. 

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

there are also antizionist jews and muslims being threatened by zionists and right wingers. you don’t seem to care much.

*guy who thinks it’s okay to kill 15k children*: patriot

*guy who doesn’t*: terrorist  

your moral clarity is astounding willie

Where does one find anti-zionist Jews?  Syria, Jordan, Saudi, Egypt, Iran, Iraq?  Jews are just incompatible with sharia, right?  

Posted (edited)

Catching up …

If the protest is about urging Israel to be more careful in their hunt for Hamas and by doing so kill fewer ‘innocents.’  Ok.  I get that.  Hell, I can be a supporter.  Seems like that is what @uncle bernardis protesting about.  As part of this, there is recognition that what the elected government of Gaza did was EVIL and Israel has the right and obligation to destroy the leadership and leaderships ability to conduct such EVIL.  @uncle bernard .. fair to say you agree with this part too?

Colleges have a history of protest action.  I’m good.  Protests that follow every rule don’t get much attention.  These protesters want attention.  

However, I’ve seen plenty that suggests that the protests can go beyond this.  ‘From the river to the sea, let Palestine be free’ (etc.).  Basically … The desire for the elimination of Israel.  I’m against that.  I would not join protests for this cause.@uncle bernard - you?  

I’ve also seen video of protestors in the past clearly supporting Hamas.  Not following the college stuff enough to know … but if any of the protests suggest support for Hamas … gross.

Is there a clear write up of the exact demands of this protest movement?  

As an aside - Some chant Israel is has been and is committing genocide …. which is laughable on its face.  Gaza population has grown a lot in past decades. Death toll would be exponentially higher if regular purposeful targeting of every human in Gaza was occurring and the eradication of Gazas population was the plan — akin to what Hamas did when it invaded Israel.

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Brain 1

8 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Where does one find anti-zionist Jews?  Syria, Jordan, Saudi, Egypt, Iran, Iraq?  Jews are just incompatible with sharia, right?  

There are plenty of anti Zionist Jews in the U.S. and Israel