2024 OTT Day 1 Session 2 thread

Did I see Nolf get pushed out twice with no calls in addition to no calls when not engaging in the second period? Huh? It was a good match by Nolf but a head-scratcher on some no-calls.

His foot wasn’t completely over the line. If you slow down or rewind your feed, pretty clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Le duke said:

JB could have helped his own case by attempting more than a push out.

Or they can just call passivity when the guy is obviously being passive and fleeing. Sounds like that's the right way to handle it. 

3 minutes ago, jross said:

Did I see Nolf get pushed out twice with no calls in addition to no calls when not engaging in the second period? Huh? It was a good match by Nolf but a head-scratcher on some no-calls.

If JB had taken a single shot...they would have given it to him.  Refs won't pull the trigger on helping when collar tie hand grab push is your offense.  Burroughs didn't take any shots in that second period either (that I can remember...I was a bit on the edge of my seat watching that match.)

Edit: I forgot they also gave JB some breaks on those two challenges.  Not saying those were the wrong calls, but they have to be called consistently, and based on what they did for JB in the first period, I think they did the right thing by nolf in the 2nd.  

Edited by wrestle87

13 minutes ago, 4xJVchamp said:

Burroughs setting up that blast double. Using those fakes

And the blast double never came. It was so strange, especially in the last minute or so. All Burroughs tried to do was push Nolf out, presumably to get it to trailing by two, and then going for two. Just bad strategy from a grizzled vet.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

And the blast double never came. It was so strange, especially in the last minute or so. All Burroughs tried to do was push Nolf out, presumably to get it to trailing by two, and then going for two. Just bad strategy from a grizzled vet.

He doesn't have that extra gear anymore. Bro is almost 36.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, pokemonster said:

Or they can just call passivity when the guy is obviously being passive and fleeing. Sounds like that's the right way to handle it. 

Not going to call it when one wrestler is just pushing off a collar tie.

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And the blast double never came.

That blast double is gone.  Age is a cruel mistress

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Lol, nice, but allow me to completely change tacks in one thread.  Taylor would have to rock through 2028 for him to be in the same conversation as JB.  Only person in that ballpark right now is snyder.

If DT wins in Paris, he’ll have five Olympic weight Golds, same as JB.

But he’ll also have two Olympic golds.

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

If DT wins in Paris, he’ll have five Olympic weight Golds, same as JB.

But he’ll also have two Olympic golds.

Imagine no knee injury and no swimming pool match.

Edited by Pinnacle
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Go back 4+ years; he hasn't had a blast double at 74 kg in a long time.  Just doesn't have the explosiveness when he has to cut weight.

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I would bet a lot of money that he has an injury of some sort that makes blast doubles a thing of the past. 

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

JB could have helped his own case by attempting more than a push out.

Sure but in the first period Burroughs got hit with passivity for not holding center well. In the second Nolf did not get hit for passivity and he ran and avoided the edge for 2 minutes. 

• Bob 3

Nolf took all, and I mean all, of the shots in that second period.

• Fire 1

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

See if JBs legs look any better at 79.  Nolf also a bit small last time he tried.

this is true, he was on toothpicks when he wrestled dake for the spot in 2021

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, wrestle87 said:

Lol, nice, but allow me to completely change tacks in one thread.  Taylor would have to rock through 2028 for him to be in the same conversation as JB.  Only person in that ballpark right now is snyder.

Taylor isn’t that far off. 1-2 more golds. Though I suspect he retires this year, win or lose, maybe even tomorrow night. 

5 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Crazy , if he wins this summer he’s a 2x Olympic gold , 3x world champ, one world silver in 6 trips ,all while beating an all timer top 3ish guy in the world in the finals every year and absolutely crushed everyone else he’s wrestled in that time period ,home and abroad, he’s absolutely in the conversation because he might be the best wrestler in the world right now at any weight 

1 minute ago, alliseeisgold said:

Whoever loses the nolf dake match will be the best guy not on the Olympic team. Unquestionably 

Nolfs been coming. 

I don’t know about that one. Nolf is certainly world class but so are the guys up at 86. I believe Brooks and Valencia are capable of medaling