Governor Landry suggests pulling scholarships for athletes who skip National Anthem.

3 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Coach could do a lot of different things to prepare their athletes for high level events. Lots of coaches do lots of different things. Thats the beautiful thing with freedom. When you are preparing your athletes for high level events, you will enjoy that freedom too. 

Yeah...I know.  I am all for freedom.  My questions again weren't nefarious in anyway but trying to understand how, if possible, someone could restrict scholarships.  And never once did I make an opinion that anyone SHOULD restrict scholarships for this.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Actually it’s you that’s pretending not to see the irony

These debates are always so dumb. My calling @lisa morales a piece of shit, in no way impinges on his free speech, never mind that I am not the government so the concept of protected speech does not even apply.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

These debates are always so dumb. My calling @lisa morales a piece of shit, in no way impinges on his free speech, never mind that I am not the government so the concept of protected speech does not even apply.

How do you know it is a male who typed that crap??  😝

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The hypocrisy does though. I guess in todays world Lisa could be a dude. 

Edited by JimmyBT

27 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

The hypocrisy does though. I guess in todays world Lisa could be a dude. 

You are all over the place. First it was about freedom of speech for you in spite of the fact that I did or said nothing to impinge on his freedom and I do not represent the government, then it was about irony, and now it is about hypocrisy. When you have too many points, you have no point.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Not at all a fan of of someone leaving the court during the anthem, but am a big fan of people exercising their constitutional rights of speech and protest peacefully. That IS support for the government entity. Our history is filled with protest against the government to improve it. We wouldn’t have become the greatest country in the world without it. And it doesn’t work if we only pick and choose the specific instances in which we are okay with someone exercising their individual rights peacefully.  

To be okay with this is to be okay with taking something away from someone that they earned, because you don’t like their idea. Not because they’re violent, or doing drugs, or harming children, or committing other crimes, or cheating on exams…..but because you don’t like their idea. 

‘Merica! 🇺🇸

I am not okay with the governement pulling scholarships for the athlete who skips the national anthem.  

However, the foolish student fails to appreciate what gave them the right to freedom of expression.  If you do not appreciate what the nation stands for, then you should abstain from benefiting from its privileges out of principle.

As a coach, I wouldn't want fools to start for my team and I might not have a spot for them next season... Depends on how foolish and how often they are foolish...

9 minutes ago, jross said:

I am not okay with the governement pulling scholarships for the athlete who skips the national anthem.  

However, the foolish student fails to appreciate what gave them the right to freedom of expression.  If you do not appreciate what the nation stands for, then you should abstain from benefiting from its privileges out of principle.

As a coach, I wouldn't want fools to start for my team and I might not have a spot for them next season... Depends on how foolish and how often they are foolish...

As I said, exercising that right IS appreciation. It is exactly that. You or me not agreeing with that particular form of protest does not make it so.  Not having the wherewithal (or balls for a better term) to use what you were given to try and better something, is the opposite of appreciation.  That’s taking it for granted and believing we shouldn’t have to do any hard work for that freedom, because someone already did it for us. 

Don’t take my stance as liking it, I don’t. But the ‘hard work’ is doing the things that aren’t popular and getting people to talk about them.  THAT’s America. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Because women don’t believe talking shit on a message board is a measurement of their dick. Pretty obvious…

In 2024 Women have Dicks bro.  There are a couple in the Biden administration.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. But are you saying, if the don't stand for the anthem(something they don't have to if they don't want to) then they shouldn't try to defend themselves from the vitriol people spew at them for making a choice they are allowed to make? 

If that's the case, not sure you can square that circle. 

Don't expect @Husker_Du to react to obvious contradictions in his logic. He's addicted to the dopamine rush he gets from being mad at people he's never met online. Terminal Twitter Outrage Brain.

51 minutes ago, jross said:

Yes . The player gets to sit on the bench and think about why he or she is sitting there when he or she  is the best player on the team. He gets to sit on the bench for as long as it takes to get his brain cells to understand that foolishness will not be tolerated.

• Brain 1

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Yes . The player gets to sit on the bench and think about why he or she is sitting there when he or she  is the best player on the team. He gets to sit on the bench for as long as it takes to get his brain cells to understand that foolishness will not be tolerated.

This is literally the most self contradicting post on here. How can you supposedly be a person strong for individual freedom while also at the same time expecting foolishness (or in this case something I don’t agree with) not to be tolerated?  I ask you to square those two completely contradicting philosophies with each other please. 

What exactly are people who won’t stand for the national anthem saying?  If you want to protest the entity that is paying for your education, wouldn’t you be expected to forego the contribution?

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

This is literally the most self contradicting post on here. How can you supposedly be a person strong for individual freedom while also at the same time expecting foolishness (or in this case something I don’t agree with) not to be tolerated?  I ask you to square those two completely contradicting philosophies with each other please. 

I am old school. I was bought up to respect my elders. I was brought up to love and respect our country, the flag and our National Anthem and for those who have sacrificed for the freedom and liberty they have afforded me. The Constitution allows for you to disrespectfully protest against the flag, against the National Anthem, against the very people who have afforded you the freedom to protest. I as a Patriotic American find that to be foolish and offensive.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

I am old school. I was bought up to respect my elders. I was brought up to love and respect our country, the flag and our National Anthem and for those who have sacrificed for the freedom and liberty they have afforded me. The Constitution allows for you to disrespectfully protest against the flag, against the National Anthem, against the very people who have afforded you the freedom to protest. I as a Patriotic American find that to be foolish and offensive.

What does any of this have to with the LSU team? It wasn't a protest.

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Well….if someone truly wanted those answers, they could seek those answers out at other sources than anonymous wrestling message boards….

IMG_0979.thumb.jpeg.c350a2840a555c6661b0dda5da8fef35.jpegIMG_0980.thumb.jpeg.8e5622cdeac09387924fd61f47003160.jpeg

Army football has clearly gone WOKE and HATES OUR COUNTRY!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

And that’s fine, you have every right to. I don’t like it either. But you are taking it a step further by calling for punishment, from a state institution, for a peaceful protest 100% within their rights, and have something taken away from them that they EARNED, because you don’t like their idea.  That’s not patriotic at all. That is the exact opposite of what America stands far.  You can stand on top of a mountain and scream I’m a patriot all you want, but when you say I don’t agree with how you’re exercising your rights peacefully so you should be punished, you are behaving as unAmerican as it gets. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

What does any of this have to with the LSU team? It wasn't a protest.

You can believe anything you want to believe. Just because someone else does something wrong does not make ok for you to do something wrong. Mulkey has a disrespectful routine for her team of leaving the court when the National Anthem is being played. This is done to avoid the embarrassment of having players kneeling or sitting down during the national Anthem. Which would bring more scrutiny to her program and team. Believe you want. I don't really care.

12 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

You can believe anything you want to believe. Just because someone else does something wrong does not make ok for you to do something wrong. Mulkey has a disrespectful routine for her team of leaving the court when the National Anthem is being played. This is done to avoid the embarrassment of having players kneeling or sitting down during the national Anthem. Which would bring more scrutiny to her program and team. Believe you want. I don't really care.

What about Army football?

9 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

And that’s fine, you have every right to. I don’t like it either. But you are taking it a step further by calling for punishment, from a state institution, for a peaceful protest 100% within their rights, and have something taken away from them that they EARNED, because you don’t like their idea.  That’s not patriotic at all. That is the exact opposite of what America stands far.  You can stand on top of a mountain and scream I’m a patriot all you want, but when you say I don’t agree with how you’re exercising your rights peacefully so you should be punished, you are behaving as unAmerican as it gets. 

I not sure what you mean by taking away a scholarship. I'm advocating for sitting you on the bench.  Now if you want to protest on your own time go for it. There is a time and a place for doing certain things. Doing it before or during a game while in uniform and representing your school is neither the time or the place.

• Bob 1

53 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Who gets to decide when the threshold of 'foolishness' has been met? Twitter poll? Do the ticket holders get a say? 

Seems as if you are frustrated and looking for someone to unload it on. Have you talked to anyone about the origins of this frustration? Because it seems as if your reasons for anger are a bit misplaced. You could find a bit more peace if you found a healthy outlet for your emotions.