Kasak versus SVN next year

If Kasak redshirts, then no real point to the discussion other than saying the ole 'Iron Sharpens Iron' metaphor.

It would be wild, but we could see a Haines redshirt as well, or in lieu of, with SVN heading up to 157lbs.

They both had comparable seasons.  Quite a few fringe losses then turned it on for NCAAs.

To answer your question, though?  I don't know.  I would lean to 'No' though.

Edit:  Actually your question was 'any chance' so I change to a yes.

Edited by nhs67
  • Brain 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

If Kasak redshirts, then no real point to the discussion other than saying the ole 'Iron Sharpens Iron' metaphor.

It would be wild, but we could see a Haines redshirt as well, or in lieu of, with SVN heading up to 157lbs.

They both had comparable seasons.  Quite a few fringe losses then turned it on for NCAAs.

To answer your question, though?  I don't know.  I would lean to 'No' though.

Edit:  Actually your question was 'any chance' so I change to a yes.

Van Ness didn’t have any fringe losses , he lost to 6th year senior Murin 3x , Gomez ,Sasso and yianni and that was after not competing for basically 2 years , he completely controlled the Henson match last year and the Parco matches this season and last 

Kasak has unlimited potential and had a great but he took Ls to Abas and Rathjen this year , not exactly world beaters , and I don’t think he’s ready to compete with Henson just yet (I know he beat Lovett but as we know  Rich was in full semi slide mode) 

• Bob 1

58 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

Any chance Kasak beats SVN in the room next season?

Always a chance!  Doubt it will be a thing though as there is a redshirt available, SVN may be big enough for 157 (?) at some point, and Kasak might be good at 141?  Did Kasak cert at 141 this year?  Penn State has quite a few of these good "problems".

Similar w Davis after a suprisingly good true frosh season - RS, 125, or 133 next year or 25-26.

5 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Always a chance!  Doubt it will be a thing though as there is a redshirt available, SVN may be big enough for 157 (?) at some point, and Kasak might be good at 141?  Did Kasak cert at 141 this year?  Penn State has quite a few of these good "problems".

Similar w Davis after a suprisingly good true frosh season - RS, 125, or 133 next year or 25-26.

Kasak wrestled 141 at the start of the year. Lost to Bartlett at a first semester open.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Van Ness didn’t have any fringe losses , he lost to 6th year senior Murin 3x , Gomez ,Sasso and yianni and that was after not competing for basically 2 years , he completely controlled the Henson match last year and the Parco matches this season and last 

Kasak has unlimited potential and had a great but he took Ls to Abas and Rathjen this year , not exactly world beaters , and I don’t think he’s ready to compete with Henson just yet (I know he beat Lovett but as we know  Rich was in full semi slide mode) 

All fair points.  I concede.

Also said it was SVN to lose, so no problem losing this one.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

36 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

I am not saying he will beat SVN for the starting spot since most feel Kasak will redshirt. But in the room...?

If you listen to Cael it sounds like his favorite guy to watch wrestle is SVN , the usually coy Cael gushes over SVN style and potential so if Cael thinks that highly of a dude I lean towards trusting his opinion 

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

he also had a loss to Paniro Johnson (that he avenged in the NCAAs)

I think Kasak RSs and goes back to 141.  

5 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

One should transfer. Get a starting spot somewhere with some cash

No. This isn’t Iowa. They know what they’re doing at Happy Valley. They will both be 4x AAs there 

26 minutes ago, Tyler said:

No. This isn’t Iowa. They know what they’re doing at Happy Valley. They will both be 4x AAs there 

Or one of them will transfer.  Penn state has had plenty of transfers in and out.  Has nothing to do with Iowa.

my only concern with SVN is health, I think this may be his third injury dating back to high school that has sidelined him for nearly an entire season. Generally guys with that type of injury frequency just keeping getting hurt, but I hope I'm wrong and he can stay on the mat because he will be in the discussion to win it next year.

34 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

my only concern with SVN is health, I think this may be his third injury dating back to high school that has sidelined him for nearly an entire season. Generally guys with that type of injury frequency just keeping getting hurt, but I hope I'm wrong and he can stay on the mat because he will be in the discussion to win it next year.

Injuries only occur in the Iowa room I thought.   This sounds sus 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, WildTurk said:

Or one of them will transfer.  Penn state has had plenty of transfers in and out.  Has nothing to do with Iowa.

Who are the top 6 guys who have transferred out of Penn State?

3 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Who are the top 6 guys who have transferred out of Penn State?

Bubba Jenkins

Nick Suriano

Michael Beard

Tony Negron

Jarrod Verkleeren

Seth Nevills

Edited by flyingcement
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

Kasak was actually a 141 to start the year but stepped in when SVN went down as you know. They’re is still enough room for the both of them

Yeah, my guess is Bartlett doesn’t come back

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

As in, done wrestling? Or transfering?

Done wrestling.  Basch seemed to imply it on one of his pods, and you know Bartlett is one of “his guys.”  It seemed highly likely if he won, but still a decent possibility even if he didn’t.