Transgender day of visibility

2 minutes ago, jross said:

Many people support at least one policy that go against the well-being of society.  What specifically are talking about and why?

Uneducated people are easy to rile up by creating, often through fear, an 'out' group to blame for their situation. Violence and uncomfortable situations occur everywhere and for myriad reasons. We need people with the tools and the temperament to address them without the use of violence. 

As with all areas, the tiniest niche will be filled good or bad. Sometimes that niche is filled by someone(or someones) that feel a violent mob is their best means to live, thrive, and survive in the future. They will try to stoke it either by accident or on purpose. One could potentially be forgiven. The other cannot. My suggestion, to cover all the bases, is to not do it at all. But that is more complicated. We will need people with tools to think and reason better. So as to make better decisions about complicated topics. 

The 'it makes me feel icky' party, closely associated with the 'Leopards eating faces' party, at least recently, feel threatened for no reason and in so doing change the rules so that they are the minority of the people but hold the majority of power in several states and a few branches of federal government. They are parties(Icky and Leopards) of fear and division and will lead to violence because they don't have the tools to realize how wrong they are and have been and will continue to be.  And we have decades if not centuries of evidence. But each person has to come to it themselves. Which is painfully slow considering if you don't get it in the 75 years or so that we get then you probably passed it on to another generation and it will take that much longer. 

15 minutes ago, jross said:

This is a friendly reminder that the post contained two links indicating a large number of celebrations for sexual preference and parenthood.  Besides it not really being 100 holidays for either, there are a lot of holidays for both and over 100 days of recognition for sex preference.

Guy, you just found a list on the internet. Nobody actually celebrates every day on that list. 99.9% in the world have no idea those exist. Settle down and pay attention to things that actually affect you.

13 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

The golden rule is a reflection of how you would like to be treated. Not a demand that others treat you a certain way or in accordance to a certain standard. If someone is in a parade or acting out as a supporter of the parade, they are abiding the golden rule. You don't have to stay. 

It seems is if you want them to treat you the way you want to be treated. Sorry that's not how it works. Don't go to the parade and you won't be 'treated' in a way that displeases you. If laws are broken they will be dealt with. 

YES!  AND they must follow the public decency laws!

Just now, uncle bernard said:

Guy, you just found a list on the internet. Nobody actually celebrates every day on that list. 99.9% in the world have no idea those exist. Settle down and pay attention to things that actually affect you.

I think you have misunderstood me.  I'm a bitter holiday guy that prefers holidays that focus on spending quality time with loved ones and expressing genuine gratitude.  

• Fire 1

Just now, jross said:

YES!  AND they must follow the public decency laws!

So you agree you can just not go and everyone will be just fine not seeing the thing they wouldn't want to see anyway? 

How is this purity culture BS not yelling at clouds? !

'You should be ashamed to do that because I would be!' 

I'm sorry you were raised that way. They were wrong. Wrong about a lot of things. But you are allowed to express yourself in a way that best represents you. As long as you don't hurt anyone. 

Let your freak flag fly!

That should be an emoji offered as a response! 

2 minutes ago, jross said:

I think you have misunderstood me.  I'm a bitter holiday guy that prefers holidays that focus on spending quality time with loved ones and expressing genuine gratitude.  

What does 'bitter' mean in this context? 

But those just sound like... days. Enjoy yourself. Gratitude it up! 

Streisand-effect: trying to divert attention from something. Inadvertently drawing WAY more attention than otherwise would. 

Maybe the juice wasn't worth the squeeze on this one. 

26 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So you agree you can just not go and everyone will be just fine not seeing the thing they wouldn't want to see anyway? 

I should be able to travel anywhere in the community and expect everyone to follow the laws agreed to by all who choose to live or vist the community.  If the community allows naked bike riders, than yes... agreed... and FWIW I wouldn't live there.

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, jross said:

I should be able to travel anywhere in the community and expect everyone to follow the laws agreed to by all who choose to live or vist the community.  If the community allows naked bike riders, than yes... agreed... and FWIW I wouldn't live there.

Do you not see that you are trying to get a group of people, who obviously agree to act a certain way at a certain time and under very strict conditions, to abide by your narrow view of right and wrong? 

Bring it up in a meeting and vote for different people next time. Not much else I can suggest. 

7 minutes ago, jross said:

Biden's move wasn't worth the squeeze.  What was he thinking?

A vast majority of this country agree with him. As based on five of the last six general elections. That gap will only get wider. An 80 year old man came out in support for alternative lifestyles. Sorry you feel it outshined your imaginary friend. If they could be outshined by such a tiny effort, makes me wonder if they are as powerful as claimed. Totally worth it. 

27 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

What does 'bitter' mean in this context? 

I don't like consumerism or social pressure holidays.  I don't like that my parents, sisters, and in-laws are non-compromising that holidays fall on certain days and are unwilling to choose conventiant days for everyone.  I don't like our president announcing sex days for edge cases that fall on religious holidays when it stirs the pot for so many people.  You know... bitter... unpleasant... frustrated.  A wellness day is a good idea... people can choose how to spend their wellness day.  Thanksgiving is good.

Christmas literally says "Christ" in the name and is a Federal holiday.  I'm not the biggest fan because of the consumer side of it.. but this holiday is the full-stop on whether the US is a Christian nation.  End of rambling.

55 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Do you not see that you are trying to get a group of people, who obviously agree to act a certain way at a certain time and under very strict conditions, to abide by your narrow view of right and wrong? 

Bring it up in a meeting and vote for different people next time. Not much else I can suggest. 

I'm 100% certain that I did not create the laws and it seems 100% reasonable to expect them to be enforced.  

54 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

A vast majority of this country agree with him. As based on five of the last six general elections. That gap will only get wider. An 80 year old man came out in support for alternative lifestyles. Sorry you feel it outshined your imaginary friend. If they could be outshined by such a tiny effort, makes me wonder if they are as powerful as claimed. Totally worth it. 

Have you heard of the false consensus effect?  Where is your evidence that the majority agrees with the holiday to begin with, let alone highlighing it on Easter?  That would be peculiar.

I'm in the 2 of 10 that do not.  Biden is doing everything he can to get railroaded in a few months.

I didn't even know it was visibility whatever day until I saw a bunch of people looking for something else to gripe about on this board.     If only we lived in a place where we had a right to choose what to participate in, and not be bothered by people who do things we don't agree with if we don't want to.....

• Bob 1

15 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I can’t wait until you have to meet his imaginary friend. 

53 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I didn't even know it was visibility whatever day until I saw a bunch of people looking for something else to gripe about on this board.     If only we lived in a place where we had a right to choose what to participate in, and not be bothered by people who do things we don't agree with if we don't want to.....

That’s what happens when there’s too much government 

16 hours ago, jross said:

I don't like consumerism or social pressure holidays.  I don't like that my parents, sisters, and in-laws are non-compromising that holidays fall on certain days and are unwilling to choose conventiant days for everyone.  I don't like our president announcing sex days for edge cases that fall on religious holidays when it stirs the pot for so many people.  You know... bitter... unpleasant... frustrated.  A wellness day is a good idea... people can choose how to spend their wellness day.  Thanksgiving is good.

Christmas literally says "Christ" in the name and is a Federal holiday.  I'm not the biggest fan because of the consumer side of it.. but this holiday is the full-stop on whether the US is a Christian nation.  End of rambling.

That was a lot. 

I'm sorry that you needed to toss that last bit in there. Being wrong is the same as being right if you don't realize it yet. Easter is a pagan ritual. Why do you think it doesn't have a set day. So is Christmas, btw. Why do you think its so close to winter solstice? In order to stay relevant they coopted holidays from conquered lands.  Along with not following large parts of the book anymore. Makes the religion easier to swallow for more people. But the numbers are fading again. I wonder what they'll do next? Accept LGBTQ+ and/or trans community.