Transgender day of visibility

It’s more accurate to say that Easter fell on Trans Day of Visibility. Only one of them is on the same day every year. TDV is always on March 31st. Easter falls between late March and late April and is different every year. 

If you are legitimately upset about this, you are a giant baby. I’m assuming this is why @Husker_Du was crying on twitter again?

• Fire 1

21 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

It’s more accurate to say that Easter fell on Trans Day of Visibility. Only one of them is on the same day every year. TDV is always on March 31st. Easter falls between late March and late April and is different every year. 

If you are legitimately upset about this, you are a giant baby. I’m assuming this is why @Husker_Du was crying on twitter again?

This administration is scum.

• Bob 2

TBD

25 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

This administration is scum.

He put out a statement for both. Why are you upset?

Why weren’t you upset about it the last three years? He’s put out the same statement every year. 

Edited by uncle bernard

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

He put out a statement for both. Why are you upset?

Why weren’t you upset about it the last three years? He’s put out the same statement every year. 

1. we both know the admin knew what they were doing with this declaration.

2. it's not just about this

they're scumbags

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

TBD

9 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

they're scumbags

They put out a statement every year. Were they supposed to ignore it this year because Easter fell on it? How would that be “inclusive” like you claim to want?

Quite the long game starting this 3 years ago but the payoff is worth it. Wait….what’s the payoff?

Some people are addicted to being mad. Sad way to live. 

45 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

They put out a statement every year. Were they supposed to ignore it this year because Easter fell on it? How would that be “inclusive” like you claim to want?

Quite the long game starting this 3 years ago but the payoff is worth it. Wait….what’s the payoff?

Some people are addicted to being mad. Sad way to live. 

Most of us are happily clueless—ignorance is bliss. Now that it is known, it cannot be unknown. It's not just one day—over 100 days are recognizing a tiny percentage of the population.

This seems unreasonable.  https://twitter.com/JonSchweppe/status/1774199221895254125

But then again... who knew there were so many parent holidays?  https://nationaltoday.com/parents-holidays/

I'm the bitter guy who finds holidays are actually forced shopping days.  I'd rather have 100 days of Thanksgiving than any shopping, sexual choice, or whatever weird days people want to celebrate. 

• Bob 2

12 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

they're scumbags

That's not how reason or rationality works. 

Just saying 'we all know' does not mean anyone could or does. They just think they do. Evidence to confirm your suspicion would be nice. Considering you've been presented with evidence that would contradict your position. Saying, 'nu uh' is what a fourth grader does when they can't back up a claim. Apologies to any fourth graders that have learned how to present evidence to make a point. 

The last line seems to say it all. You have an opinion and you'll bend over backwards not to change that opinion. I wonder if this is the only one where it applies. Usually isn't. 

1 hour ago, jross said:

Most of us are happily clueless—ignorance is bliss. Now that it is known, it cannot be unknown. It's not just one day—over 100 days are recognizing a tiny percentage of the population.

This seems unreasonable.  https://twitter.com/JonSchweppe/status/1774199221895254125

But then again... who knew there were so many parent holidays?  https://nationaltoday.com/parents-holidays/

I'm the bitter guy who finds holidays are actually forced shopping days.  I'd rather have 100 days of Thanksgiving than any shopping, sexual choice, or whatever weird days people want to celebrate. 

https://www.commerce.gov/hr/employees/leave/holidays 11 recognized holidays. Some states have more. All the others are not official by any means and can be annoying, I'll admit. But require little to nothing from anyone to 'celebrate' the occasions. 

Helping to recognize groups that have been marginalized, or at best ignored blissfully, by the rest of the population is a good thing. We all do better, in a multicultural society, when more culture is presented to the society. 

I generally agree, but... many things do not need to be celebrated in public, sexual preferences is one of them.  

My niece's mid-career boyfriend has been recommended for promotion four times and lost out to a diversity hire each time.  He wants to change companies but worries that all the large companies utilize DEI.  He is marginalized because of his sex and race.  Should he get 100 holidays?  

Regarding multicultural society, what are your thoughts on the studies discussing how this creates violence and uncomfortable situations? I have mixed thoughts.

58 minutes ago, jross said:

I generally agree, but... many things do not need to be celebrated in public, sexual preferences is one of them.  

My niece's mid-career boyfriend has been recommended for promotion four times and lost out to a diversity hire each time.  He wants to change companies but worries that all the large companies utilize DEI.  He is marginalized because of his sex and race.  Should he get 100 holidays?  

Regarding multicultural society, what are your thoughts on the studies discussing how this creates violence and uncomfortable situations? I have mixed thoughts.

Why does that bother you? What is the harm? 

Do we know the hires were, in fact for diversity, or maybe they just weren't the best candidate. That happens too. Not saying either way, just that taking someone's word for it is a great way to be deceived. 

Is he? Seems like they're doing alright. Get confirmation of the facts before making a commitment to your opinion. Who gets 100 holidays? (participation trophies? sure! I have a bowling trophy from years ago. Want it?)

Uneducated and fearful people make all kinds of situations uncomfortable and violent for all kinds of reasons. I keep going back to 'Leopards eating faces party'. Once the people are homogenized for a given/comfortable trait, someone will exploit smaller and smaller differences to maintain an emotional pique for their gain. 

Once the easily accessible faces are eaten they still need faces to eat. Inoculate yourself from getting your face eaten by recognizing them and putting things in place to keep them from gaining power/influence to eat faces.  

Edited by ThreePointTakedown

3 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Why does that bother you? What is the harm? 

The behavior at the parades often violate the golden rule and public decency laws.  I'm not 17 years old... rather am the father of one.

Do we know the hires were, in fact for diversity, or maybe they just weren't the best candidate. That happens too. Not saying either way, just that taking someone's word for it is a great way to be deceived. 

Nope, but I believe him because I've seen this as both a manager and employee.  There is reason I continue to tell my daughter she is on the expedited leaderhship path in engineering if she has confidence and competency.  

Who gets 100 holidays?

This is a friendly reminder that the post contained two links indicating a large number of celebrations for sexual preference and parenthood.  Besides it not really being 100 holidays for either, there are a lot of holidays for both and over 100 days of recognition for sex preference.

I keep going back to 'Leopards eating faces party'. 

Many people support at least one policy that go against the well-being of society.  What specifically are talking about and why?

2 minutes ago, jross said:

The behavior at the parades often violate the golden rule and public decency laws.  I'm not 17 years old... rather am the father of one.

The golden rule is a reflection of how you would like to be treated. Not a demand that others treat you a certain way or in accordance to a certain standard. If someone is in a parade or acting out as a supporter of the parade, they are abiding the golden rule. You don't have to stay. 

It seems is if you want them to treat you the way you want to be treated. Sorry that's not how it works. Don't go to the parade and you won't be 'treated' in a way that displeases you. If laws are broken they will be dealt with. 

• Clown 1

7 hours ago, jross said:

It's not a real holiday, man. Nobody is getting the day off work. The White House puts out statements like this every single month for stuff like this. Just since this statement, they've released identical statements for: 

Autism Acceptance

Organ Donation Month

Cesar Chavez Day

Cancer Prevention Month

Arab American Heritage Month

National Public Health Week

Child Abuse Prevention Month

Care Workers Recognition Month

Military Child Month

Second Chance Month

Conservative twitter took one statement among the usual monthly batch and took it out of context to make it look like the White House is intentionally attacking Christian Americans. 

• Fire 1