141 can Rathjen or Voinovich make 141?

149 Rathjen or Voinovich

157 Siebrecht

165 Caliendo

174 Arnold

184 Brands

197 Glazier

285 Kueter

Kennedy on the bench.   I feel like that’s more reason they should have used Arnold at 184 this year, then could have redshirted him next year.

I do not root for Iowa in most (99%) of their matches - but Glazier grew on me as an underdog grinding it out.  I thought he was done and will be glad to see him getting after it next year.  I hope Arnold gets whupped a lot - but he seems dangerous.  Is this a new Brands or Nelson Gamble Brands coming back?

• Bob 2

16 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I can’t see Caliendo making 157, he seemed huge.  I know it was stated that Kennedy certified at 157 this season though

I can't either butt apparently both he and PK certified at it this year.

36 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I can't either butt apparently both he and PK certified at it this year.

Caliendo is shredded but apparently he came into the season at the lowest weight out of Franek, PK, Caliendo. He is not a particularly tall or lengthy individual. 

4 hours ago, HungusMungus said:

He wrestled at 215, it was arranged so he could be clear of the Marisola twins, not that he wouldn't wrestle them, from my understanding they are very good friends, so they separated by design. He wasn't close to 215, was 192.4 at the state tournament.

Thanks for the info. I’m excited for him to get on campus. Can’t wait to see him represent Mizzou. Do you know his plans weight wise, 174-197 seem plausible or more 184/197?

41 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Imagine Kennedy wrestling Mesenbrink at 157.

Dead before the end of the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a whole period earlier than it took kennedy to gas out starocci!

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

16 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Sinclair is registered for the last chance at 86kg, after wrestling 220 all Sr year. I get a RS is probably highly likely, but I’m wondering if 184/197 are his plans. 184 is kinda a log jam, but 197 Div1 isn’t the same as 220 Wisconsin High school wrestling. Honestly I think he could beat both Whiting and Hawks if Smith lets him go as a Freshman. 

He wrestled 190 until the end of the year, when the AWA kids moved around to not wrestle each other.  Mirasola went 190.  Sinclair 220.  

• Fire 1

20 hours ago, Mike said:

165: RU needs a 165 transfer in the worst way. It's not anything new, as the weight has been an absolute dumpster fire since Richie Lewis in 2017/2018. White isn't good or big enough to compete in the B1G at that weight. Luke Gayer doesn't seem like the guy either, so if they don't land anyone in the portal it's going to be another massive hole in the lineup. Absolutely the #1 priority this off-season besides finding a heavyweight for the following season when Yara is done.

174: Hopefully Turley runs it back for his final year, but I know his body has taken an absolute beating over the past few years and he hasn't been able to compete at the level he would like to. He said he hasn't made a decision yet, but if he hangs it up there aren't many good options at this weight currently on the roster. Shane Cartagena-Walsh was solid in open tournaments this year as he won the NCO and Black Knight Invitational but not sure he's at the level to compete in the B1G yet.

184: Soldano needs a RS. He needs to get stronger. He is noticeably smaller than most of his opponents and regularly gets overpowered in 50:50 positions, which is a huge issue given his funky style... he would be great at 174 but I don't think he wants to make the cut. If he does RS, this would be another weight where they don't really have a backup and would desperately need a transfer.

All of your assessments here are correct.  165 has pretty much been a guaranteed L for Rutgers since Richie departed, and that is far too long a time.  I get that White had a very good redshirt season, and Goodale bet on him to improve with some muscle tacked on 65, but it's not even close to enough to hang.  Time to move on and go portal.

SCW is not on the level to compete yet.  Heard rumors that he beats Turley in the room, but then got demolished by Incontera during the Penn dual.  I hope a seasoned Turley comes back for one more go after seeing that.

Agree with the Soldano RS, but the Rutgers fandom's answer to "who would replace him?" is always a delusional one.  "Poz should cut to 184 where he has the strength," they say.  I hate to say it, but Poznanski's most recent go at 197 looked marginally better than his last go at 184.  I have faith in him to AA up 97 while we go pick up a solid 184 in the portal.

Yeah a whole period earlier than it took kennedy to gas out starocci!

Yeah, if Kennedy can convince the NCAA to make matches 10min long, and make grabbing hold of one leg a TD, make all of his opponents have 102 degree fevers, and his opponents MD = a win for him, he’s a sure thing to AA.

• Potato 1

7 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Yeah, if Kennedy can convince the NCAA to make matches 10min long, and make grabbing hold of one leg a TD, make all of his opponents have 102 degree fevers, and his opponents MD = a win for him, he’s a sure thing to AA.

i'm messing with you. but it really is hard to take your posts seriously when you insist on crowbarring in awkward references to how good PSU is every other sentence.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 2
  • Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Thanks for the info. I’m excited for him to get on campus. Can’t wait to see him represent Mizzou. Do you know his plans weight wise, 174-197 seem plausible or more 184/197?

hes wrestling 86kg for LCG so im guessing 184-197

6 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

125 - Spratley

133 - C. Hughes

141 - Carter young/Jamison

149 - Jordan Williams 

157 - Teague Travis

165 - Hamiti

174 - Thomspon

184 - Plott

197 - Carroll (rumor has it hes trying to get down)

285- Cody Merill

I think this team has 10 guys that could AA if it fits out this way obviously hughes,Merill,Carroll are relative unknown's but based on their HS pedigree I think they will be in that conversation/

Really hope Hughes can make it down to 133 but he wrestled 141 all last season and he didn't look like a small 141. I imagine Jamison and Williams still beat Young for the starting spot at 141/149. Really excited to see if Carroll can make 197, he is wrestling 97kg over the summer.

1 hour ago, BloodRound said:

All of your assessments here are correct.  165 has pretty much been a guaranteed L for Rutgers since Richie departed, and that is far too long a time.  I get that White had a very good redshirt season, and Goodale bet on him to improve with some muscle tacked on 65, but it's not even close to enough to hang.  Time to move on and go portal.

SCW is not on the level to compete yet.  Heard rumors that he beats Turley in the room, but then got demolished by Incontera during the Penn dual.  I hope a seasoned Turley comes back for one more go after seeing that.

Agree with the Soldano RS, but the Rutgers fandom's answer to "who would replace him?" is always a delusional one.  "Poz should cut to 184 where he has the strength," they say.  I hate to say it, but Poznanski's most recent go at 197 looked marginally better than his last go at 184.  I have faith in him to AA up 97 while we go pick up a solid 184 in the portal.

Agree all around.

Poz shouldn't drop to 184, I think he was fine at 197. His biggest flaw is that he gets in his own head and becomes very timid at times. Other than that he's as solid as they come and he can definitely AA again at 197.

2 hours ago, charmon55 said:

Really hope Hughes can make it down to 133 but he wrestled 141 all last season and he didn't look like a small 141.

He wrestled 133 in November ... John will find a way.  😉

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, BloodRound said:

I heard Walsh won 2 wrestle offs 

Poz was comically smaller then some guys he wrestled at 197 , he is a 184 pounder unless he hits the Anthony Cassar bulk plan at the jersey shore this summer , he was in deep in a lot of shots that he easily finishes at 184 , just watch the Buchanan blood round match 

On 3/25/2024 at 11:02 AM, poorwrestler said:

Here’s my take on Minnesotas lineup next year. This is without any portal additions or subtractions, but I have hope this will finally be the offseason that the portal works in our favor, for the first time since Michael Blockhus.

125 Brandon Morvari rFr
133 Tyler Wells So
141 Vance Vombaur rJr
149 Drew Roberts rJr
157 Blaine Brenner rJr down from 165
165 Andrew Sparks rSr or Hunter Lyden rSo
174 Max McEnelly rFr or Isaiah Salazar rSr
184 Max McEnelly rFr or Isaiah Salazar rSr
197 Gavin Nelson rFr
285 Bennet Tabor rSo or Koy Hopke Fr

I think they will look to the portal for any weights 149-165. I could see Salazar being done with college wrestling after this year, but I think he sticks around and either he or McEnelly goes 174. They could also get a transfer 125, but I’d bet only short term as they love Morvari.

I don't see any way Salazar makes 174lbs. He looked like a giant 184lber this past year.

On 3/25/2024 at 4:31 PM, nhs67 said:

The good news is that he lost a bunch of weight (mass, 149?).  The bad news is that one of his legs is basically useless still.

As much as I would love to see Sammy make a return and if a PSU guy cannot win I'd root for him. However I just don't see him being able to come back and be successful after what happened and the fact that he is still not wrestling or seems to be even close to getting back on the mat.

with the Fish news today and a potential 197 Christian Caroll who just looked outstanding at the LCQ is okie state firmly in second going into next season?

other things in motion "can Cael Hughes make 133" and "is Cody Merrill ready and big enough to wrestle heavy"

On 4/2/2024 at 8:00 AM, Truzzcat said:

125 - Spratley

133 - C. Hughes

141 - Carter young/Jamison

149 - Jordan Williams 

157 - Teague Travis

165 - Hamiti

174 - Thomspon

184 - Plott

197 - Carroll (rumor has it hes trying to get down)

285- Cody Merill

I think this team has 10 guys that could AA if it fits out this way obviously hughes,Merill,Carroll are relative unknown's but based on their HS pedigree I think they will be in that conversation/

Why not:

125 - Spratley

133 - Hughes

141 - Jamison

149 - Williams 

157 - Travis

165 - Fish

174 - Hamiti

184 - Plott

197 - Carroll

285- *Hendrickson 

*guys are always flying in from Vance AFB to practice so why not Davis Fld?  🤠

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

When was the last time, outside of gable, that a true freshman heavyweight was a significant point scorer at NCAA’s year one? Honest question

Hutton