2024-2025 Lineups

VAtoSC

48 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

is he a grad transfer? dont think they need to

That rule changed.  Grad transfers have the same window now.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2024 at 3:14 PM, flyingcement said:

couple updates to wrestlestat lineups:

Levi Haines listed as started at 174 with Mesenbrink at 165 again and Kasak up to 157.

Luke Stanich on RS with Sheldon Seymour off redshirt and sliding back into starter at 125 while Stanich grows into 141 (or Crookham does)

Rylan Rogers down to 174 from 197

Evan Bockman listed at 184

Jack Maida back up to 133 for American with the ferocious Max Leete taking a senior year redshirt

Isaac Trumble at HWT with Trephan riding the pine and relative unknown Christian Knopp starting at 197 for NCST

Now WS is showing Jack Maida up to 141 from 125 and the homey Cael McIntyre at 133.  With both Leete and Lopez in redshirts 

On 5/1/2024 at 11:44 PM, Le duke said:

Revised Penn State:

125: Lilledahl
133: Nagao
141: BB
149: SVN or Kasak
157: Mesenbrink or SVN or Kasak or Sealey
165: Mesenbrink or Haines
174: Facundo
184: Carter or Barr
197: Carter or Barr
285: Kerk

That’s a monster team.

I think Sealey takes a shirt. He’s getting more technically sound but needs to tighten it up a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow , may break record again

On 3/25/2024 at 1:58 PM, killdozer said:

Missouri

125- Noah Surtin, Senior (unlike this year they will have kids that can spell him from time to time so he is not as beat up come nationals)
133- Kade Moore, Sophomore (with a possibility of True Freshman Gage Walker or Jake Crapps possibly pushing him for the spot)
141- Josh Edmond, Junior
149- Logan Gioffre, Sr., / Nathan Pulliam, Jr., /Zeke Seltzer, So. - I can see Seltzer being the starter here after gettin a summer of putting on some good weight.
157- J. Conway, So.,/Cameron Steed, So., /Logan Gioffre, Sr.,  - This would be Steed's but I heard he now weighs in the 180s. Gioffre wrestled 157 last year so it wouldn't surprise me. 
165 - Cameron Steed, So.or Keegan O'Toole Sr., - I think it is going to be Steed.
174- O'Toole Sr.,  (or possibly Whiting if Keegan goes back to 165 or even Steed)
184- Hawks, Jr. /Whiting, So.  - It will be a battle again. 
197- Rocky Elam, Sr. - With Sinclair redshirting. I don't think Rocky has the frame to carry the weight like his brother. Plus it took Zach 2+ years to become a good sized 285 weight wise. Don't think they can do it 6 months. 
285- Seth Nitzel, Jr.  or Portal. Heard that Boersma was hurt this year and maybe done (which sucks). Just keeping it warm until Stillwell gets here. 

Four months closer to the start of Mizzou's season, do we have any updates?   Does Seltzer look like a 149 starter?  Steed at 165?   Most likely option at 157?  Hoping K Moore shows a typical level of improvement after his first year of starting.  He showed allot of promise last year.  Go Mizzou!

5 hours ago, Gantry said:

Whiting transferred to Minnesota, so no battle at 184 this year. 

Don't forget Harman to Oregon State as well.

On 6/3/2024 at 3:57 PM, Truzzcat said:

This is a 2025-2026 lineup but if tOSU gets Blaze their lineup would look something like

125: Kilkeary/McCrone 

133: Davino/Blaze/Bouzakis

141: Blaze/Bouzakis/mendez

149: Mendez/Shaw

157: Bouzakis/Birden/Paddy

165: Bouzakis/Birden/Paddy

174: Welsh 

184: Rogotzke 

197: Geog

285: Feldman 

do we think this could beat PSU? I dont think they will be as good through and through but I think they could have 4-5 finalists (I'm outrageously high on blaze and almost as high on Davino)

So much can change for 25/26 but it’s always fun to speculate.  And yes, this team should be a contender.  

125 Kilkeary

133 Davino

141 Blaze

149 Mendez

157 Cannon

165 Bouzakis

174 Birden

184 Welsh

197 Rogotzke

285 Feldman

• Bob 1

51 minutes ago, scorenomore said:

So much can change for 25/26 but it’s always fun to speculate.  And yes, this team should be a contender.  

125 Kilkeary

133 Davino

141 Blaze

149 Mendez

157 Cannon

165 Bouzakis

174 Birden

184 Welsh

197 Rogotzke

285 Feldman

I know I'm the tn homer here but Desselle IS going to make an impact on that roster. He slips through the cracks bc he tore his acl and sat out the summer before his sr year. Decided to move to Columbus immediately after graduating instead of doing the jr duals and fargo thing this summer. 

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, scorenomore said:

125 Kilkeary

133 Davino

141 Blaze

149 Mendez

157 Cannon

165 Bouzakis

174 Birden

184 Welsh

197 Rogotzke

285 Feldman

Man... Bouzakis got BIG.

• Bob 2

On 7/21/2024 at 7:24 AM, Mizzou Fan said:

Four months closer to the start of Mizzou's season, do we have any updates?   Does Seltzer look like a 149 starter?  Steed at 165?   Most likely option at 157?  Hoping K Moore shows a typical level of improvement after his first year of starting.  He showed allot of promise last year.  Go Mizzou!

So my post was from March 25th Whiting and Boersma hadn't transferred yet. So my opinion now.
125- Surtin (but unlike last year he will have some people to spell him from time to time. I heard Freshman Gage Walker is down here. So he might push things)
133- Kade Moore (Crawford is still there and Jake Crapps could push him as well)
141- Josh Edmond (round of 12. Could be AA. Zeke Seltzer could also be a player here if he is not 149)
149- Seltzer (if he has grown into one), Pulliam, McCallister or Gioffre (Gioffre may end up being the 157 which is why I put him last. But Pulliam majored Willochell, McCallister was their biggest 2023 recruit, and Seltzer could be the guy here if he has put on 149 muscle)
157- Gioffre or Fisher (Fisher is listed as the starter on wrestlestat. He didn't wrestle a match last year but in his redshirt year he beat 2 national qualifiers in Dejon Castro and Jared Hill. So maybe)
165- Steed or Conway (Conway still may try to make 157)
174- KOT 
184- Hawks
197- Elam (If Elam can't go, Then Sinclair or Hawks)
285- Nitzel (entered the portal but is on Mizzou's roster)

• Bob 3
  • Brain 1

With Michael North moving on from college wrestling, Dario Lemus completing his redshirt and ready to start at 141, the younger brother Kal Miller is bumping from 141 to 157 while Ethen stays at 149.  

Separately David Szuba, heavyweight MAC champion last year is redshirting this year as a senior.  

Edited by flyingcement
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 2

On 7/22/2024 at 8:28 AM, scorenomore said:

125 Kilkeary

133 Davino

141 Blaze

149 Mendez

157 Cannon

165 Bouzakis

174 Birden

184 Welsh

197 Rogotzke

285 Feldman

Without knowing if Blaze will go there or not, Bouzakis at 141 is the right prediction at this time. Rogotzke competed at 92kg at U20s, so i can see him moving up 

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of unrelated, kind of not - this whole tween/thread still made me spit coffee everywhere:

On 7/31/2024 at 4:54 PM, flyingcement said:

Eli Griffin, national qualifier at 125 for Cal Baptist this past year is bumping all the way up to 141

I see wrestlestat is showing Jack Maida of American to be making the same jump 

• Bob 2

On 7/31/2024 at 3:54 PM, flyingcement said:

Eli Griffin, national qualifier at 125 for Cal Baptist this past year is bumping all the way up to 141

Wow that's wild. I mean he's great at CBU but I bet if he were to move into OSU at 133 that would be fun, but hey CBU needs a stud from Oklahoma.