Bo has issues with Burroughs’ commentary

Personally I think Bo’s being a baby about it. Jordan didn’t say to try and break carters leg at the knee. He just said he should target his shots to the leg with a brace on it. And what coach wouldn’t say EXACTLY the same thing?

• Bob 1

16 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

Bo Nickal is an intellectually dishonest person. I wouldn't take a single thing the guy says seriously.

This is a hard thing to measure with certainty, but he definitely lacks self-awareness.  I guess it is an MMA celebrity thing for attention?

Edited by Elevator

1 minute ago, Elevator said:

This is a hard thing to measure with certainty, but he definitely lack self-awareness.  I guess it is an MMA celebrity thing for attention?

I'm wondering the same. I like him and his style, and will always root for him, but he seems to have fallen into the category of the less-than-intelligent mouth breathers who think they're smart due to their group of yes men around them. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elevator said:

This is a hard thing to measure with certainty, but he definitely lack self-awareness.  I guess it is an MMA celebrity thing for attention?

Oh, there is evidence to this. I don't want to turn the board political but there is certainly evidence to his intellectual dishonesty. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

Oh, there is evidence to this. I don't want to turn the board political but there is certainly evidence to his intellectual dishonesty. 

Not disputed this at all, just hard to sort out those that spout their preposterous opinions honestly and those that are doing so with full knowledge that they are lying.   

Edited by Elevator

17 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Not disputed this at all, just hard to sort out those that spout their preposterous opinions honestly and those that are doing so with full knowledge that they are lying.   

That's fair. Bo Nickal may just be a terribly stupid person. 

• Haha 1

Bo's got a fight coming up.  What better way to promote amongst the wrestling fan base than to start Twitter/X beef with an all timer. 

Could JB's answer been a bit better, given the platform?  Sure, something as simple as "look, whichever leg is in front of me".  But him and DC were in the middle of their buddy banter. 

At the end of the day, it was a bit silly to be that sensitive about it. 

• Bob 2

1 hour ago, MedicineMan said:

Wait, isn't that the NICE thing to do?  Attack the wounded leg?  Leaving him his good leg for support?  I'd attack his good leg and make him hop around on the crippled one.

A tactic most effectively demonstrates by DF.

29 minutes ago, misterchonger said:

Bo's got a fight coming up.  What better way to promote amongst the wrestling fan base than to start Twitter/X beef with an all timer. 

Could JB's answer been a bit better, given the platform?  Sure, something as simple as "look, whichever leg is in front of me".  But him and DC were in the middle of their buddy banter. 

At the end of the day, it was a bit silly to be that sensitive about it. 

This …. Or something like this is what’s behind this.   Imo at least. 

49 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

So what is Bo's actual complaint here? That the announcer shouldn't explain strategy to an audience because it isn't "classy"? Last I checked wrestling was a tough sport. 

JB didn't explain strategy.  Immediately after Starocci's win JB said he was going to go after Starocci's leg at the Olympic trials.  And no, announcers don't do that.  

• Fire 1
  • Clown 2

Burroughs could have said that about 14 wrestlers in the final and Nickal would not have cared.  He is incredibly biased towards PSU.  He made a 60-0 prediction for the Iowa-PSU a couple years ago.

The only unprofessional thing Burroughs did was to tweet back at him mid-broadcast.  Get off your phone JB!

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

What would have happened if Carter had to wrestle high volume attackers for his murderer's row last weekend?  Lewis isn't exactly Mesenbrink.  Griffith never had a high offensive output and he was also quite hobbled.  Welch, I haven't seen a lot of, but while he's tough as nails, it doesn't seem as if he's Metcalf 2.0 on offense.

Carter was fantastic this weekend, but his opponents didn't seem to go after him on Friday or Saturday.  I know the threat of reattack is there, but I don't think it'll stop JB.

Funny watching these guys go at Burroughs.... You'd think at this point in his career it would just be a lot of respect towards him regardless if you're a competitor in the same weight class or not considering he's basically on the wrestling Mt Rushmore...

My personal opinion is Starocci could win all the NCAA titles he wants, he'll never be close to the international wrestler that JB is... This is one of those times where you just take the high road but build your brand and all that blah  blah blah...