Aaron Brooks hurt?

Jimmy Cinnabon

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I mean, a lot of these fans cry "duck" if Spencer doesn't wrestle Glory, or if a clearly injured Cassioppi or Eierman don't wrestle their last match at Big 10s.  If it isn't "duck," it is "injury mismanagement" or "1980s training techniques."  (As if PSU and NLWC wrestlers have not suffered and/or quite a few significant injuries)  I'm just sick of the level of  dishonesty.

Holy Christ was a dummy..

Well, two PSU fans insinuated he might be hurt.  One was Cinnabon, but the other was the authority on all things PSU... the esteemed LeDuke. 

In the OSU vs PSU thread, I wrote what happened. He took the night off to let his friend get mat time with a home crowd in a dual that wasn’t going to be competitive.

The “might be hurt” thing was a rhetorical device, you knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Formally140 said:

Holy hell man. Coaches match up athletes with similar abilities all the time. Especially if they trust the other coach to be honest about how good the kid is…

I did it the other week. A coach I respect asked me to match up guys with similar experience and I had the Dual already when won on forfeits. He’s having a down year and almost every team in our area is devastated by kids getting sick. Throwing out my best guys to run over first year wrestlers in their first competition would have served no one… 

it seems pretty clear brooks isn’t hurt. Are you being deliberately obtuse 

To an extent, yes I am being obtuse.  I made that pretty clear.  But this also isn't the Afton JV quadrangular we are talking about.  This is high level college wrestling.  No offense, but what is going on at the JV quad has no relevance to what happens in a major college dual.

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

To an extent, yes I am being obtuse.  I made that pretty clear.  But this also isn't the Afton JV quadrangular we are talking about.  This is high level college wrestling.  No offense, but what is going on at the JV quad has no relevance to what happens in a major college dual.

Passive aggressively implying saying it was a “JV match” to try and irritate me doesn’t change my my point. Don’t be be childish.

Your attempt at a condescending tone about “a major college dual” doesn’t really work either considering I wrestled DI. And your are sounding like the tough guy youth coach who quit wrestling in hs and overcompensates now.

The exact same logic applied. Especially when the coaches know the reality of the matchups. Wanting to give your guys who shown up every day a home match doesn’t change hs to college either. Additionally, part of why penn state is so good is because they have a captain/stud in brooks willing to wrestle one of the couple guys that can beat him in a meaningless match… then let a teammate get a go when the elite kid for him to wrestle wasn’t there…

• Fire 1

39 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Passive aggressively implying saying it was a “JV match” to try and irritate me doesn’t change my my point. Don’t be be childish.

Your attempt at a condescending tone about “a major college dual” doesn’t really work either considering I wrestled DI. And your are sounding like the tough guy youth coach who quit wrestling in hs and overcompensates now.

The exact same logic applied. Especially when the coaches know the reality of the matchups. Wanting to give your guys who shown up every day a home match doesn’t change hs to college either. Additionally, part of why penn state is so good is because they have a captain/stud in brooks willing to wrestle one of the couple guys that can beat him in a meaningless match… then let a teammate get a go when the elite kid for him to wrestle wasn’t there…

"I wrestled D1!"

Question: Are you a 140 who dresses up very nice?  Or are you someone who used to be 140 and cannot spell?

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Again: Are we trying to increase viewership and engagement?  Or are we trying to be good sports?

I cannot imagine Saban not starting some of his best players because that player was too good for the opposition.  Now if the player was significantly hurt or sick, that is another story.

When Alabama plays their November cupcake FCS school.. they put out their backups…

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

To start?

Allowances need to be made for the differences between the two sports. Though expecting common sense when you went for condescending then after a grammar thing. Might be a stretch 

Especially because you’re doubling down because the idea two good coaches actually wanting a competitive match instead of just letting Brooks truck over a backup is crazy to you

Just now, Formally140 said:

Allowances need to be made for the differences between the two sports. Though expecting common sense when you went for condescending then after a grammar thing. Might be a stretch 

Especially because you’re doubling down because the idea two good coaches actually wanting a competitive match instead of just letting Brooks truck over a backup is crazy to you

Hey, I guess we will agree to disagree.  I am still not sure what you mean about grammar, as it all looked good to me.  Have a great day, and good luck this season.  I have to go make up a practice plan that involves lots of yelling and pushups for the Weehawken Junior Wee Hawks!  Good day, Sir!

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Says the PSU fan who lives in Colorado.  Let me guess:  You were a Dallas Cowboys fan and Chicago Bulls fan in the 90s?

You appear to be surprised that people have geographic mobility. It's not 1695; people no longer grow up, live and die within a day's ox cart drive of where they were born.

Also, given that I grew up in Chicago and attended more than a dozen games growing up, at both Chicago Stadium and the United Center, yeah, no shit, I'm a Bulls fan. Never watched a Cowboy's game, though.

16 minutes ago, Le duke said:

You appear to be surprised that people have geographic mobility. It's not 1695; people no longer grow up, live and die within a day's ox cart drive of where they were born.

Also, given that I grew up in Chicago and attended more than a dozen games growing up, at both Chicago Stadium and the United Center, yeah, no shit, I'm a Bulls fan. Never watched a Cowboy's game, though.

I'm glad you clarified this. Im moving to Colorado after my kids graduate.  I was wondering if I had to relinquish  my PSU badge and become a Fort Lewis College Skyhawk fan

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I'm glad you clarified this. Im moving to Colorado after my kids graduate.  I was wondering if I had to relinquish  my PSU badge and become a Fort Lewis College Skyhawk fan

Troy Nickerson is building a nice program at Northern Colorado!

Enjoy Colorado.  I love it out there.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 2

25 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Chicago + Colorado= PSU!!! We are!

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

So, because I've listed two of the places I have lived, and none of those two are PA, that excludes me from being a "legit" PSU fan in your eyes. Got it. Brilliant analysis.

It really doesn't matter what I think, because we know that Taylor would easily tech Karimi.  And even Ditka.  Good day, sir!