Session 6 - Championship Finals Saturday March 23 2024

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

On to 141.  Mendez will wrestle for 7 minutes.  Beau...30 seconds

Betcha Bartlett is Cael'd up. I'm rooting for Mendez though. 

Another reason this OOB stalling rule sucks is that the refs wait to call stalling now until they go out. In prior years, if some one is backing up and the other guy is shooting, they would throw up the stall as soon as the guy shoots (as they should). Now they wait and if they don’t go out, they avoid a stall call. Fix (and many others) dodged some stall calls that way

Fix gave up a point for stalling in the middle of the mat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Absolutely, lost to 3 2x champs , RBY 2x, Suriano and Vito 

There is indeed a good argument for Fix being the best non-champ.

This year, of course, Vito is the reigning world champ. And Fix won a world silver in 2021.

Everyone making jokes about fix but I feel bad for the man, he has to be absolutely crushed , life long dream down the drain , guy is probably at his lowest and the entire arena and messages boards couldn’t be happier..by all accounts Fix seems like a good dude , he put in a ton of work (probably a lot more then 99 percent of this board ) had all the pressure in the world on him from the second he got to Stillwater ,his teammates and coaches love him and I personally didn’t really think the ped thing was that big of deal , if it were he would’ve gotten a 4 yr suspension 

• Bob 2

Just now, lu_alum said:

Fix gave up a point for stalling in the middle of the mat.

Yes I know. But there were at least two others he should have had that were close to the edge and didn’t go out right away

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Everyone making jokes about fix but I feel bad for the man, he has to be absolutely crushed , life long dream down the drain , guy is probably at his lowest and the entire arena and messages boards couldn’t be happier..by all accounts Fix seems like a good dude , he put in a ton of work (probably a lot more then 99 percent of this board ) had all the pressure in the world on him from the second he got to Stillwater ,his teammates and coaches love him and I personally didn’t really think the ped thing was that big of deal , if it were he would’ve gotten a 4 yr suspension 

I like Fix the person.  He seems like a really good guy.  I wish he had won at least one. 

Almost as long as that match between Suriano and Fix years ago in high school that lasted 26 minutes 

Only difference is the HS bout was actually competition time.