Transfer Portal

17 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

I'm a die hard Oklahoma State fan and the one thing I have learned so far is Coleman Scott is going to do these things:

1. Bring In Wrestlers via Portal 

My Take- He is younger and can use it better than John. I love John and can't thank him enough, but at least Coleman remembers what his Twitter password is. So Scott will target these men for the starting lineup: 

Andrew Alirez UNCO 141 

Kyle Parco ASU 149

Jacori Teemer ASU 157-165

Wyatt (Captain America) Hendrickson Air Force 285

Scott will use his Big 12 roots with these guys. They need Wyatt and the Sun Devils but not so much Alierez. They have a guy Tagen Jamison who was ranked top 8 at one point last year who has already used a redshirt. I think we can land the ASU guys and Wyatt. We need Teemer because he is so much better than Fish who I am not sure if he fits the OKST starting job for what Scott will try to build. We can sell to Parco that he can go up at 157 in replacement of Teague Travis so he can develop. Travis beat Ed Scott but would rather have Parco start. Wyatt is Wyatt and can win matches by fall not 2-1 and depend on riding a dude out for a period. Hopefully these LINEUP Predictions happen.

125 Troy Spratley

133 Cael Hughes

141 Tagen Jamison

149 Jordan (Iceman) Williams 

157 Kyle Parco

165 Jacori Teemer

174 Dean Hamiti

184 Dustin Plott

197 Christian Carroll

285 Captain America

This is a title team. I hear Carter Young might make the cut back down to 133. Hopefully this is it. 

You'd be foolish to look at the 0-2 NCAA tournament Jamison had and say, "I'd rather have that guy over a returning national champion." Also, why would you bump Parco up when he's a proven commodity at 149. Same with Teemer. I'd rather see: 

• Spratley
  • Hughes
  • Alirez
  • Parco
  • Teemer
  • Fish
  • Hamiti 
  • Plott
  • Carroll
  • Hendrickson

That team is good enough for 2nd (maybe even 1st in a perfect world), the team you listed is not. If Teemer is insistent on going 165, then you redshirt Fish and throw Teague back in at 157. 

7 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

So Greeley is 30 minutes from Boulder, Denver, Estes Park, and the Rocky Mountains, and Iowa City is 30 minutes away from.....?......Cedar Rapids?!?  I understand that you're a homer, so am I, but dude, seriously?!? 😅

I've said this before, but just as an FYI, I've never set foot in the state of Iowa.  Not a single toe.  I was born in Brooklyn, NY, and lived there for awhile, but have spent most of my life in Florida.  I think I just assumed Colorado was mountainous everywhere, but that trip to Greeley....

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

You'd be foolish to look at the 0-2 NCAA tournament Jamison had and say, "I'd rather have that guy over a returning national champion." Also, why would you bump Parco up when he's a proven commodity at 149. Same with Teemer. I'd rather see: 

• Spratley
  • Hughes
  • Alirez
  • Parco
  • Teemer
  • Fish
  • Hamiti 
  • Plott
  • Carroll
  • Hendrickson

That team is good enough for 2nd (maybe even 1st in a perfect world), the team you listed is not. If Teemer is insistent on going 165, then you redshirt Fish and throw Teague back in at 157. 

Alirez is going to get big bucks at Iowa. I don't see a good reason for him to come instead of going to Iowa. Jordans Williams and Parco need to be in the same lineup. Teemer over Fish all day. I would not mind Alirez, but I think Iowa is going to high ball him.

Just now, VakAttack said:

I've said this before, but just as an FYI, I've never set foot in the state of Iowa.  Not a single toe.  I was born in Brooklyn, NY, and lived there for awhile, but have spent most of my life in Florida.  I think I just assumed Colorado was mountainous everywhere, but that trip to Greeley....

Fair enough, but I've been to both, and Iowa ain't recruiting based on their locale.  Greeley isn't the shining star of Colorado either, but there's no comparison between the two.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

Alirez is going to get big bucks at Iowa. I don't see a good reason for him to come instead of going to Iowa. Jordans Williams and Parco need to be in the same lineup. Teemer over Fish all day. I would not mind Alirez, but I think Iowa is going to high ball him.

• Mineo said Okie State is matching Iowa's offer. Take that for what it's worth. 
  • Jordan Williams would benefit from a year of maturity and having Parco to workout with. He lost a lot of matches he should have won last year (including a loss to Quinn Kinner in round of 16 at NCAAs). Parco is an upgrade over him, period.
  • Teemer and Fish are different weights. Apples to oranges. But like I said, if Teemer insists on going 165, you redshirt Fish.  
Edited by Winners Circle

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:
  • Mineo said Okie State is matching Iowa's offer. Take that for what it's worth. 
  • Jordan Williams would benefit from a year of maturity and having Parco to workout with. He lost a lot of matches he should have won last year (including a loss to Quinn Kinner). Parco is an upgrade over him, period.
  • Teemer and Fish are different weights. Apples to oranges. But like I said, if Teemer insists on going 165, you redshirt Fish.  

I'd love if Andrew came in. Fish just needs to prove to me he can AA. I want Fish to do good but would rather Teemer up their over him. Jordan needs to get mature and not blow away opportunities. The future is bright for these guys. Jordan is just too good to be on the bench. He made the BIg 12 finals. They just need guys to all be AAs. I hope fish will be.

Edited by CowboyYe2024
mistake

3 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:
  • Jordan Williams would benefit from a year of maturity and having Parco to workout with. He lost a lot of matches he should have won last year (including a loss to Quinn Kinner in round of 16 at NCAAs). Parco is an upgrade over him, period.

Jordan Williams already redshirted in 2022-23

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

I'd love if Andrew. Fish just needs to prove to me he can AA. I want Fish to do good but would rather Teemer up their over him. Jordan needs to get mature and not blow away opportunities. The future is bright for these guys. Jordan is just too good to be on the bench. He made the BIg 12 finals. They just need guys to all be AAs. I hope fish will be.

• Same reason you want Fish on the bench is the same thing I'm saying about Williams, he needs to prove it to me he can AA.
  • There's no guarantee Teemer has as much success at 165 as he's had at 157, in fact I'd be willing to bet he will almost certainly not be a national finalist at 165. 
  • Yes, I agree on Williams maturing and not blowing opportunities. Which is why I said it would benefit him to sit behind Parco a year.
  • Yes Williams made B12 finals this year. But Fish was round of 12 in Tulsa. 

Ultimately it comes down to this, who do you like better: 

• Parco/Teemer/Fish (two guys who have proven to be consistent AA's at the same weight, and one R12er)
  • Wiliams/Parco/Teemer (one R16er, and two guys who have not wrestled one match at those weights)

No brainer in my opinion.

Edited by Winners Circle

1 minute ago, Winners Circle said:
  • Same reason you want Fish on the bench is the same thing I'm saying about Williams, he needs to prove it to me he can AA.
  • There's no guarantee Teemer has as much success at 165 as he's had at 157, in fact I'd be willing to be he will almost certainly not be a national finalist at 165. 
  • Yes, I agree on Williams maturing and not blowing opportunities. Which is why I said it would benefit him to sit behind Parco a year.
  • Yes Williams made B12 finals the year. But Fish was round of 12 in Tulsa. 

Ultimately it comes down to this, who do you like better: 

• Parco/Teemer/Fish (two guys who have proven to be consistent AA's at the same weight, and one R12er)
  • Wiliams/Parco/Teemer (one R16er, and two guys who have not wrestled one match at those weights)

No brainer in my opinion.

I just haven't seen enough of Fish to be talking. We just need all AAs and Big Finalists. I just don't want to scare off Williams. I want Parco to start. Just don't no where. Same With Teemer.

17 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Fair enough, but I've been to both, and Iowa ain't recruiting based on their locale.  Greeley isn't the shining star of Colorado either, but there's no comparison between the two.

If you're trying to tell me that Iowa City is not a bustling metropolis designed to appeal to young people...that seems about right.  Iowa definitely doesn't recruit based on locale, I would guess it's based on history of success combined with insane atmosphere.  If I had been good enough and had the option, I definitely would have wanted to wrestle for Iowa with those crowds...of coruse when I would have gone would have been the Zalesky years, so maybe....

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

I just haven't seen enough of Fish to be talking. We just need all AAs and Big Finalists. I just don't want to scare off Williams. I want Parco to start. Just don't no where. Same With Teemer.

• Fish was R12 in 2023 and R16 in 2024. He's as proven at 165 as Williams is at 149, if not more.
  • If you start Parco for a year, and Williams transfers, then so be it. You lost a guy who has never AA'd, could be worse. If that's the case you hit the portal and find someone better. It's Okie State for gosh sakes, you can't sweat over losing NON-AA's.
  • Teemer just made the finals 157, make him go 157 and try to win the damn thing. Simple. 
Edited by Winners Circle

2 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:
  • Fish was R12 in 2023 and R16 in 2024. He's as proven at 165 as Williams is at 149, if not more.
  • If you start Parco for a year, and Williams transfers, then so be it. You lost a guy who has never AA'd, could be worse. If that's the case you hit the portal and find someone better. It's Okie State for gosh sakes, you can't sweat over losing NON-AA's.
  • Teemer just made the finals 157, make him go 157 and try to win the damn thing. Simple. 

I am just super ready for the PSU dynasty to be done and Okie State to be back on top. I just believe in JW. AGAIN I have not seen enough MSU duals to judge Fish. We have dept, but JW has too much potential.

1 minute ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

I am just super ready for the PSU dynasty to be done and Okie State to be back on top. I just believe in JW. AGAIN I have not seen enough MSU duals to judge Fish. We have dept, but JW has too much potential.

We're on the same team. I'm a 🤠 fan as well. Which is why I want to win now. And I don't believe in Williams yet. He lost too many matches off silly mistakes, cardio, etc. for me to think he's the guy for us right now. I don't want potential. I want the proven results. And that's the good thing about the portal. You can get PROVEN guys right now.

Just now, Winners Circle said:

We're on the same team. I'm a 🤠 fan as well. Which is why I want to win now. And I don't believe in Williams yet. He lost too many matches off silly mistakes, cardio, etc. for me to think he's the guy for us right now. I don't want potential. I want the proven results. And that's the good thing about the portal. You can get PROVEN guys right now.

I mean if Jordan leaves, McComas could be the next guy.