Transfer Portal

23 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Another sleeper in the portal is Charlie Darracott from Stanford. Was ranked in the top 16 at 157 at one point in ‘23 prior to Cardenas pulling the shirt. 

Absolutely.  I was happy to see him in the portal.  Any thoughts on where he could land?

6 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Absolutely.  I was happy to see him in the portal.  Any thoughts on where he could land?

Pure speculation here but I see he’s from the East Coast, maybe reunites with Borrelli at American?

Edited by 1032004
  • Bob 1

One name I haven’t seen mentioned is Dagen Condomitti, 157 for Oregon State.  He was a top 100 recruit but looks like he hasn’t had any D1 matches through his redshirt + redshirt freshman years 

• Bob 1

8 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Another sleeper in the portal is Charlie Darracott from Stanford. Was ranked in the top 16 at 157 at one point in ‘23 prior to Cardenas pulling the shirt. 

Does he go 157 or 165?

Out east to unite with Koll perhaps?

American w/ Borelli makes more sense, though, right?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

29 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Does he go 157 or 165?

Out east to unite with Koll perhaps?

American w/ Borelli makes more sense, though, right?

He's a GA kid, has ties to both , so that would make sense. I think he would  have a better chance of starting at American with both starters returning at NC.  

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

One name I haven’t seen mentioned is Dagen Condomitti, 157 for Oregon State.  He was a top 100 recruit but looks like he hasn’t had any D1 matches through his redshirt + redshirt freshman years 

He wrestled off at the beginning of the season and. had some matches throughout the season. He was a long way from home - I think he wants to get back out East closer to family. 

6 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He wrestled off at the beginning of the season and. had some matches throughout the season. He was a long way from home - I think he wants to get back out East closer to family. 

Wrestlestat only shows him teching an NAIA guy in an open then MFF’ing out.  

But my apologies, I read it wrong.  Last year was his redshirt year.  I saw 2 seasons listed at the top and forgot they are showing 2025 already 

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Wrestlestat only shows him teching an NAIA guy in an open then MFF’ing out.  

But my apologies, I read it wrong.  Last year was his redshirt year.  I saw 2 seasons listed at the top and forgot they are showing 2025 already 

Yeah - that has messed me up a couple times too - No need to apologize. I think he will land out East somewhere closer to home. Definitely a good pickup for someone. Was down a little bit on the depth chart and battled some injuries as you seen in the results. Good kid and family. 

OK State now has zero holes and lots of depth

125: Spratley

133: Hughes / Blankenship

141: Jamison / McComas RS

149: Williams / Young

157: Travis

165: Fish

174: Hamiti

184: Plott/ Thompson RS

197: Surber / Carroll

285: Doucet / Merrill RS

Edited by flyingcement

16 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

285: Doucet / Merrill RS

Now if they can just fly in a hwt.  🤠

Isn't "lots of depth" another term to decribe "entering the transfer portal"?

52 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

285: Doucet / Merrill 

• Bob 1

As a Cowboys fan I not so excited about the transfer of Fish!  Can someone list some of his biggest wins, because I'm not sure he's going to give us a boost or better yet even make the team.  

3 minutes ago, poke1 said:

As a Cowboys fan I not so excited about the transfer of Fish!  Can someone list some of his biggest wins, because I'm not sure he's going to give us a boost or better yet even make the team.  

Osu has a hole at 165 if hamiti goes 174. One goal for osu should be having 10 guys auto quality and not needing any at large bids. It help the image and also the way Mizzou won 2 big 12 titles in a row was having all 10 guys score points at big 12. I would agree with u that it’s possible that’s it’s not huge points at ncaas but he is a potential big 12 finalist and will really help in duals.

• Bob 1

5 minutes ago, poke1 said:

Fish beat Julian Ramirez in the first round of NCAAs in 2023.  This past year his best wins were over Cam Amine, Garrett Thompson, and Noah Mulvaney

Just now, Ok_cowboys55 said:

Osu has a hole at 165 if hamiti goes 174. One goal for osu should be having 10 guys auto quality and not needing any at large bids. It help the image and also the way Mizzou won 2 big 12 titles in a row was having all 10 guys score points at big 12. I would agree with u that it’s possible that’s it’s not huge points at ncaas but he is a potential big 12 finalist and will really help in duals.

He has taken out a slew lf NQ gents the last three years.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, poorwrestler said:

Gophers going after the app state grad transfers hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Askey I could see fitting in well.  Regarding Oakley - if they brought him on board, would the plan be to redshirt Tyler Wells?

Askey I could see fitting in well.  Regarding Oakley - if they brought him on board, would the plan be to redshirt Tyler Wells?

Redshirt or bump up, depends how the offseason goes I suppose. Both Wells and Vombaur have room to add weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1