Transfer Portal

24 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Okay, for curiosity sake then, since Grad transfers are still tied to the same window, what does that mean for someone like Gable Steveson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The simple reading is he is out of luck. But I do not know if I am missing any exceptions or exemptions.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

The simple reading is he is out of luck. But I do not know if I am missing any exceptions or exemptions.

If by out of luck you mean he needs to wrestle for the gophers or no one at all, we have different definitions of the term

34 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

If by out of luck you mean he needs to wrestle for the gophers or no one at all, we have different definitions of the term emoji41.png

Kind've limits his NIL stash 💰 don't ya think?  That seems unlucky.  😉

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I was under the impression that grad transfers can transfer at any time, I thought that is what gomez did this year and I believe it has happened in college football as well.

18 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I was under the impression that grad transfers can transfer at any time, I thought that is what gomez did this year and I believe it has happened in college football as well.

Don't you kindve have to transfer at a point in time to be accepted into grad school?  Usually there's two chances per academic year. 

20 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

The rule changed this year (as someone else educated me on) and they had to be in the portal by the same cut-off date as everyone else.  However, it only takes someone to sue to change it. If we know anything about the NCAA, in less than a year it should be total anarchy with anyone being able to play any sport, any time, any where, as long as they shall live. 

https://www.on3.com/news/new-ncaa-transfer-portal-legislation-brings-updated-rules-for-grad-transfers/

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

25 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

They legit changed it right before the portal opened up this last time.

There is a second one in the fall, though.

When they changed it, they made it so when they transfer they are immediately eligible to compete.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

They legit changed it right before the portal opened up this last time.

There is a second one in the fall, though.

When they changed it, they made it so when they transfer they are immediately eligible to compete.

Can you find any reference to the second window for winter sports? I was unable to.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

25 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Can you find any reference to the second window for winter sports? I was unable to.

All I can find on it now is this:

• Fall Sports: This period lasts for 30 days in the fall, beginning 7 days after your given sport’s championship selection. It opens again for 15 days in the spring, from May 1st to May 15th. 
  • Winter Sports: These sports can enter the portal during a 45-day day period, starting 7 days after the championships selection.
  • Spring Sports: These sports can enter the portal during a 30-day period in the spring. This 30-day period starts 7 days after your sport's champions selection. It reopens again for 15 days in the fall, from December 1 to December 15. 

Maybe there aren't two windows anymore?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

All I can find on it now is this:

• Fall Sports: This period lasts for 30 days in the fall, beginning 7 days after your given sport’s championship selection. It opens again for 15 days in the spring, from May 1st to May 15th. 
  • Winter Sports: These sports can enter the portal during a 45-day day period, starting 7 days after the championships selection.
  • Spring Sports: These sports can enter the portal during a 30-day period in the spring. This 30-day period starts 7 days after your sport's champions selection. It reopens again for 15 days in the fall, from December 1 to December 15. 

Maybe there aren't two windows anymore?

Yeah, that matches what I found. But, the change to the grad transfer rule was pretty stealth, so it also would not surprise me if there is a second window.

22 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Jay Nivison from Buffalo to Sparty

I almost read that as Joy Division (cue Ian Curtis or New Order).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OMW said:

I almost read that as Joy Division (cue Ian Curtis or New Order).

Hopefully the Love he has for his former school won't Tear Him Apart.

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one in the wrestling community reporting on these smaller profile transfers in a timely fashion?  It's not that hard to compare today's portal entry's with yesterday's, and yet...

Edited by flyingcement
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1