Transfer Portal

Man.. Iowa really is embracing, whilst poach when you can coach...

I know, I know, everyone is doing it. Nebraska is "alledgedly" is offering 20grand to people. 

but eh, Iowa honestly comes across as more desperate than anything with how hard they're trying, and I think it's pretty much proven you'll develop more at PSU. So they're trying to take short cuts, 

Ive said it before, but there's no way this is sustainable. And there's a reason the most successful sports leagues have salary caps. 

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

Nick Babin has transferred to Pitt where he will battle fellow incoming transfer Evan Tallmadge for the starting spot at 125.

Tallmadge was a stud in NJ hope he does well, Babin is very good on top but rather lackluster everywhere else.

8 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Tallmadge was a stud in NJ hope he does well, Babin is very good on top but rather lackluster everywhere else.

I think Gavin likes a bit of competition at 125.  I remember when they had Colton Camacho and brought in Gage Curry from American who beat him out for the spot.  Will be interesting to see it play out.

1 hour ago, Formally140 said:

Man.. Iowa really is embracing, whilst poach when you can coach...

I know, I know, everyone is doing it. Nebraska is "alledgedly" is offering 20grand to people. 

but eh, Iowa honestly comes across as more desperate than anything with how hard they're trying, and I think it's pretty much proven you'll develop more at PSU. So they're trying to take short cuts, 

Ive said it before, but there's no way this is sustainable. And there's a reason the most successful sports leagues have salary caps. 

Penn state started 4 transfers last year, and Michigan literally bought northwestern whole team last year. It's definitely  not just an iowa thing. 

I hate the NIL I miss what the sport use to be lol

So Greeley is 30 minutes from Boulder, Denver, Estes Park, and the Rocky Mountains, and Iowa City is 30 minutes away from.....?......Cedar Rapids?!?  I understand that you're a homer, so am I, but dude, seriously?!? 

Greeley isn’t 30min away from any of those things. Greeley is Kansas.

With a few exceptions in the southern part of the state, anything east of I25 is Kansas, geographically (and politically).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carter is apparently coming back for #5. I wonder if Facundo considers transferring. Penn St. is clogged with talent. 

He’s going up, purportedly.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, hawkguy said:

Penn state started 4 transfers last year, and Michigan literally bought northwestern whole team last year. It's definitely  not just an iowa thing. 

I'm well aware, but I'll always judge the ones doing it because their development/coaching is lacking more 

I think it comes down to one of Kasak or Haines will need to redshirt this year.  Probably Kasak

I think Levi redshirts.

Then comes back wider than a house as a 174. See: Hayden Hidlay.

• Bob 2

Just now, Le duke said:

I think Levi redshirts.

Kinda leads to the question: has a wrestler ever before won the title and the following season used a regular redshirt (not Olympic or medical)

Kinda leads to the question: has a wrestler ever before won the title and the following season used a regular redshirt (not Olympic or medical)

Good question.

He’s super young (still U20 eligible) and could use the year to get healthy again. He hurt his knee at Black Knight and didn’t really look right until February.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, hawkguy said:

A huge difference between Penn state sending out two guys who never wrestled a national tournament for anyone else in MM and Kerkvliet and Iowa and michigan basing their entire programs now on poaching older kids. 

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Does Pat Smith count?

9 hours ago, hawkguy said:

This is incorrect.

They bought 30% of the team and then only used 20% of the team.

Don't exaggerate for the sake of trying to make a point on a wrestling forum when there are people much better at that game than you on said forum.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 hours ago, macwoodfleet said:

A huge difference between Penn state sending out two guys who never wrestled a national tournament for anyone else in MM and Kerkvliet and Iowa and michigan basing their entire programs now on poaching older kids. 

Part of the game.

Don't like it, you are welcome to watch softball or basketball or some other sport where they play with balls rather than have them.  Get tougher.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

I think Levi redshirts.

I think this is what happens.  We then see Facundo transfer to CMU for his last year of eligibility.  The extra ~15lbs for Haines will be too much for Facundo to handle (I unfortunately believe) at 174lbs.

16 hours ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

125 Troy Spratley

133 Cael Hughes

141 Tagen Jamison

149 Jordan (Iceman) Williams 

157 Kyle Parco

165 Jacori Teemer

174 Dean Hamiti

184 Dustin Plott

197 Christian Carroll

285 Captain America

This is a title team. I hear Carter Young might make the cut back down to 133. Hopefully this is it. 

You realize this team likely goes like 1-9 or 2-8 against Penn State, right? Depends on what weight Starocci goes and what MM (157 or 165) and Haines (RS?) do but that lineup isn't even close to winning a title. 

• Brain 1

49 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Wow that’s a weird decision by him 

Tallmadge is coming from a service academy, so he has a redshirt available I think?  I imagine they utilize that.