Ragusin's thoughts on the semifinal and the OK State coaching staff

• VakAttack changed the title to Ragusin's thoughts on the semifinal and the OK State coaching staff
Did he call John Smith what I thought he called him?
I played it twice but struggled with the audio.  Would love to see a transcription.

Yes, he did, and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

Did he call John Smith what I thought he called him?
I played it twice but struggled with the audio.  Would love to see a transcription.
"You got Oklahoma State. You got John Smith in the corner. They're gonna wine like f*cking bitches the whole time."

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 4

Fix cheated and mostly got away with it.  He's also 26 years old.  Then he wrestles a counter offense style that fails to put up points even when he's much better than his opponent.  He's easy to root against. 

But Ragusin did nothing for 10 minutes.  He did far less than Fix.  His gameplan was to stall and roll through for stalemates on his feet.  He made no effort to win the match.  Then he was almost handed the match.  Then they reconsidered and didn't hand it to him.  Then he goes on social media and insults John Smith.  You've got to really be blinded by rooting interests to make a hero out of Ragusin in this situation.  Maybe instead of complaining he should have attempted an offensive move at some point in the match.

20 minutes ago, boconnell said:

You've got to really be blinded by rooting interests to make a hero out ... John Smith ... in this situation.

JS is the GOAT, but his matside manner is shameless. 

**Edit** I know that I completely misrepresented what you said. I'm just really frustrated with my team.

Edited by jackwebster

Daniel Cormier sounded the the whiny little bitch to me.  I can't believe he gets paid to talk.   

When they were joking about Dad bods Burroughs had to hold his tongue talking about Cormier.  Funny stuff. 

27 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

Daniel Cormier sounded the the whiny little bitch to me.  I can't believe he gets paid to talk.   

When they were joking about Dad bods Burroughs had to hold his tongue talking about Cormier.  Funny stuff. 

My son told me Cormier and one of the other espn commentator have a podcast or show on ESPN.  Those guys are the worst - rambling nonesense and a distraction to the actual action on the mat.  

I feel like DC has a lot of personal opinions that he really wants to get off his chest, so he ends up talking over others and jamming them into the convo. The rest of the time he's just kinda fukkin around and having a good time, and it's like watching the matches with a buddy. 

I actually think DC would be really good at Quint's job. Grabbing the wrestlers after a match and chit chatting with them a lil bit. I think he'd enjoy it, too

1 hour ago, blueandgold said:

I am now a Dylan Ragusin fan.

Ragusin is ready to throw down with C scott and Smith, and the Ghostbusters monster that is the former 2x 174 pound ncaa champ.  Love it.  

"Gonna whine like little bitches in the corner the whole match..."

Dylan Ragusin...my man.  

Pictured below: 

C Scott and J Smith

image.png.c7a2ae8072fdf3b4a75c61138b8cad5c.png

C Perry walking into the wrestling room....

image.png.63f9135c000c960d224c1071f66692a8.png

3 hours ago, jackwebster said:

JS is the GOAT, but his matside manner is shameless. 

**Edit** I know that I completely misrepresented what you said. I'm just really frustrated with my team.

Get out of here.  His matside deameanor is right in line with everyone else.  PSU got a review of a review in round 1 by whining.  Iowa complains matside.  Cornell goes past matside all the way to court.  Every team and coach complains, and the successful ones get away with more so they do it more.  Smith is just like his fellow coaches.