So is Steveson coming back this year?

Jimmy Cinnabon

I'll give this tip of the hat to the Minnesota camp: since I've first posted on rasslin forums over twenty years ago, their ability to stay tight lipped is extraordinary.  You've never been able to get even a hangnail update from anyone for as long as these forums have existed. 

I swear that they must require that their entire entourage, including fans,  sign secrecy oaths.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

16 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

I have a friend that works for WWE, he claims he is not going back, is no longer on a NIL, he has a fulltime contract! 

There really is no upside for him to come back.  Unless he goes undefeated, wins NCAAs again and the Hodge again it would be a downgrade.

Not to mention he could lose (255 pound Kerkvliet is looking good), get hurt and also not make any money for his NCAA efforts...

Steveson should finish his degree, but not necessarily wrestle for MN.   He is with Pro Wrestling now and can make money and go to school.  Or he could go to school and wrestle and get hurt and end up with no WWE career.   I think he stays with WWE.

But honestly, I don't see someone in wrestling aspiring to be in WWE.   I just don't see it and yes I know about Angle.  I was really surprised by Steveson's decision.   I can see MMA, but WWE, I just don't understand the attraction.   Money of course, but competition, not really. 

mspart

13 minutes ago, mspart said:

Steveson should finish his degree, but not necessarily wrestle for MN.   He is with Pro Wrestling now and can make money and go to school.  Or he could go to school and wrestle and get hurt and end up with no WWE career.   I think he stays with WWE.

But honestly, I don't see someone in wrestling aspiring to be in WWE.   I just don't see it and yes I know about Angle.  I was really surprised by Steveson's decision.   I can see MMA, but WWE, I just don't understand the attraction.   Money of course, but competition, not really. 

mspart

Money and fame seem to be enough reason for almost anyone to do any job.

Kurt Angle probably gained about 10000x the amount of money and fame from his WWE wrestling than his Olympic gold medal.

25 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

He’s behind both KISS and Ozzy have done like 3.  

I'll even bet that those two are two shows behind The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac in "farewell" tours.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Money and fame seem to be enough reason for almost anyone to do any job.

Kurt Angle probably gained about 10000x the amount of money and fame from his WWE wrestling than his Olympic gold medal.

I work for a company whose general partner always says, "we want to be rich, not famous."

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge