• 125- Ramos vs. Stanich
  • 125- Davis vs. Volk
  • 133- Nagao vs. Orine
  • 149- Kasak vs. Arrington
  • 165- Hamiti vs. Olejnik
  • 165- Hall vs. Ramirez
  • 197- Cardenas vs. Allred

It's my favorite round - better than finals even

I think Olejnik has been narrowing the gap with Hamiti so I expect it to be close. Also noticed that Hamiti's non-knee brace leg wasn't taped up today so hopefully that's a sign that he isn't too bothered with injuries

11 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

Is anyone in that has rebounded from 1 rnd loss?

Great question - I think Volk right?

Yes its Jore Volk, Tanner Jordan, Tyler Wells, Cael Happel, Quinn Kinner, Tyler Kasak, Gaven Sax, Patrick Kennedy, MJ Gaitan, Bennett Berge, Chris Foca, Dylan Fishback, Hunter Catka

Edited by flyingcement
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Great question - I think Volk right?

Yes its Jore Volk, Tanner Jordan, Tyler Wells, Cael Happel

Yes, there’s at least 7 or 8 total. I did a quick check, looked like 197, 165, 285 were the only weights without at least one guy. Pretty cool. 

7 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I think Olejnik has been narrowing the gap with Hamiti so I expect it to be close. Also noticed that Hamiti's non-knee brace leg wasn't taped up today so hopefully that's a sign that he isn't too bothered with injuries

Olejnik beat him last time they wrestled I believe. 

• Bob 2

50 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

13 guys in the blood round that lost in the first round.  Great demonstration of strength of character by these guys

Foca's first round loss was a nightmare. Looked like he lost track of the clock and got taken down with one second left by F&M's Conway. In the consys he went 15-0 Tech, 16-1 Tech (in 90 seconds against Ayzerov who beat him at CKLV, the  Columbia dual and EIWAs) and 11-3 major over Bullock. Looking really good heading into his blood round match against Stewart Jr.

2 minutes ago, ugarles said:

Any matches with a guaranteed surprise AA? Like, neither guy in the top 12?

Checking myself:

125: Poulin (20) v Smith (15)

141: Edmond (21) v Vombaur (28)

174: Simma (28) v Pasiuk (18)

I think that's it.

Edited by ugarles

1 minute ago, BarSeries said:

Interesting to see how Davis fairs tonight. Got to be devastating coming in as the 1 seed as a freshman knowing you have a chance to be a four time champion and then loses a close one. 

He came in as a true freshman and the Big Ten Champ. He will have a chance to place 3rd. He had a very good year. Will he be disappointed? Yes. Will he be just fine? Yes. He has a great supporting team.

15 minutes ago, Ragu said:

For me all eyes on Penn State. They go 3/3 in the r12 they make history. I think Nagao vs Orine is the one that has me most concerned

They have four guys in the blood round. If that numerator’s the same, they might be able to do it. They’ll still need at least a couple of those guys to get to the consi semis though. They’re decent favorites in all their semi matchups tonight.

Stanich Ramos - can Ramos really go from beating Spencer Lee to not AAing ? Also can a true freshman who got 0 hype coming into the season who even the brain himself didn’t have ranked high get it done? 

Nagao Orine, - last night the internet was already pushing Nagao out the door and into the portal, he also beat Orine at ncaa last year 

Happel Woods , does woods check out mentally? UNI guys love when they get a chance to wrestle Iowa bc brands refusing to dual them 

Quinn Kinner Vs Lamar it’s been a long ,bumpy ,up and down road for kinner but he’s stepped up big time today I hope he can end his career with an AA finish

Lovett Shapiro - can Lovett keep his wild run alive and knock off the phenom or will this be coach Borelli last match? 

Hall Ramirez, hall has been lighting up the scoreboard and pinned Ramirez in the 1st period last year 

Simma Vs Pasiuk- can’t remember the last AA from Army so that would be cool , or the 28 seed who was trashed on twitter by tervel and manning for even getting a bid , can get a medal and tell manning to shove it - either one of these is a win for America 

Tj stewart Foca should be a good one , Foca has been on a mission since losing last night and Stewart just absolutely blew it in the quarters 

Poz Vs Buchanan, too former AAs , poz is small for the weight, he should be an 184 but still think he can get it done

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

Interesting to see how Davis fairs tonight. Got to be devastating coming in as the 1 seed as a freshman knowing you have a chance to be a four time champion and then loses a close one. 

“Devastating” is a huge stretch. True freshman, who contributed all year to the best team in the country. I think that when he wakes up Sunday morning, he will be satisfied with his year. 

11 minutes ago, Richferg said:

“Devastating” is a huge stretch. True freshman, who contributed all year to the best team in the country. I think that when he wakes up Sunday morning, he will be satisfied with his year. 

Actually Bar series said that.