They Are Drinking The Kool Aid on HVI

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I say they come up well short.

Most likely but why not spike your kool aid the night before and get a little crazy on Crunk Juice 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Where do you think they’ll end up? I’ve predicted mid 150’s, thought I was just slightly conservative. That was my predicated on CS healthy and winning, which is no given on either account. I’m not optimistic with Davis.

170+ could happen if things go they way they have been going for them the last dozen years or so. I’m not super confident that it happens though. Maybe it’s that they have quite a few youngsters on the squad 

11 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

https://pennstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/psu-team-points-at-ncaas.349228/

25 of 42 PSU fans have them breaking Iowa's team points record.

I say they come up well short.

I love it! If I was a Nit fan on that board I'd be calling out the other 17 as sleeper Hawk trolls. 

Why not? Be a fan. Yell, scream, fight. Believe. 

• Bob 1

I'm as big a PSU wrestling fan as there is and I don't think they break the record this year. Everything would have to go perfect and while Cael always has his team peaking at this time I just think a perfect tournament from every guy isn't likely. Penn State wins the team title going away and it will probably be locked up Friday night but my guess is around 150 points.

If they can put 6 or 7 in the finals they will have a chance.  125,133,149 and 197 need to place in the 3 to 5 range. It will be really close. Starocci will need to be healthy and make the finals. It will be very close. But as we know things don't always go according to plans. My prediction if Starocci is healthy is 160.

Edited by Paul158

Actually, if they all do as well as the seeds, which they may not, they'll score 131.5 plus bonus pts (~30). If Starocci wins it instead of placing 9-12 add 18 more pts for 149.5 plus bonus pts. I think Davis may fall short on his seed, but most others will be close. They don't have much room to do better than seeds when they're seeded so high. And to make adjustments for scoring differences, they'd need 171.5 to tie IOWA.

Edited by bdhof

They got 170 in 1997.   So you are saying that the current rules would have given them 171.5 only?   They had a pretty dominating performance.   With the 3 point takedown, would that not change any DEC to MD or MD to Tech Fall?   That could make more than 1.5 point difference.  

Does anyone have access to the 1997 Iowa performance and detailed scoring of their matches?   Meaning how many TDs, Es, NFs, Rs, Cs etc.  

I would guess that with the new 3 point TD and new near fall rules not in place at that time, their score would go up by more than 1.5 points.  

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

They got 170 in 1997.   So you are saying that the current rules would have given them 171.5 only?   They had a pretty dominating performance.   With the 3 point takedown, would that not change any DEC to MD or MD to Tech Fall?   That could make more than 1.5 point difference.  

Does anyone have access to the 1997 Iowa performance and detailed scoring of their matches?   Meaning how many TDs, Es, NFs, Rs, Cs etc.  

I would guess that with the new 3 point TD and new near fall rules not in place at that time, their score would go up by more than 1.5 points.  

mspart

The easier thing to do is adjust PSUs score down this year to account for 3 point scoring. My guess is the 3 pt TD will add about 30-33% to bonus scoring.

The 171.5 accounts for changes to placement and bonus rules only. Not whether a bonus is more likely.

I'm thinking the same in reverse.   Perhaps bonus scoring would add quite a bit to Iowa's total, more than 1.5 points.   But yes, it might be easier to reduce PSU's score.  

This is really interesting.   I'd like to see a breakdown of it all.  

mspart

20 minutes ago, mspart said:

I'm thinking the same in reverse.   Perhaps bonus scoring would add quite a bit to Iowa's total, more than 1.5 points.   But yes, it might be easier to reduce PSU's score.  

This is really interesting.   I'd like to see a breakdown of it all.  

mspart