B1G Tournament Brackets are here

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

None of those guys 149 on down would start for Nebraska 

Well, let's look at some facts that counter that claim or don't fit your imagined narrative: 

1. At 125, Penn State's true freshman, Davis, is wrestling in the finals.  Nebraska is wrestling for 7th/8th place.

2. At 133, Penn State's Nagao beat Nebraska's Van Dee.

3.  At 141, Penn's State's Bartlett is in the finals; ranked #1 and undefeated. He's beaten Nebraska's Hardy this year.

4. At 149, Nebraska's 5th year Lovett has squeaked by Penn State's true freshman backup twice.  It's reasonable to think Shane Van Ness would have a very good chance of beating Nebraska at this weight if he were in the lineup.

Let's count up the finalists at these lower weights.  Isn't 2 twice as many as 1?

125: #9 Patrick McKee (Minnesota) vs #5 Braeden Davis (Penn State)

133: #4 Dylan Ragusin (Michigan) vs #7 Dylan Shawver (Rutgers)

141: #1 Beau Bartlett (Penn State) vs #3 Jesse Mendez (Ohio State) 

149: #1 Ridge Lovett (Nebraska) vs #5 Austin Gomez (Michigan)

Aside: Penn State went 20-2 in matches that they wrestled today.  Their only losses were to the #1 ranked guy at B!Gs.  

Edited by SocraTease
  • Fire 1

I

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

@VakAttack...might be time to let go of your hope Caliendo can close the gap with Mesenbrink

I just watched the semis (Dad stuff).  I saw that you had quoted me earlier, but since I wanted to watch and be surprised, I didn't read it til now.  I assumed, though, that it was either about Mesenbrink or that all of Iowa's guys lost, lol.  If you remember, you talked me off that one a little when you fairly pointed out that the first match was in Carver, and that may have boosted Caliendo a bit.

Just watched the semis.  I tried to a do a retro diary again, but honestly I'm exhausted and it wasn't that funny, I gave it up halfway through 133.

Miscellaneous thoughts:

Deaugustino must be a hypnotist, because he keeps tricking people into not shooting, while he also doesn't shoot.  Just drags everybody into the muck with him, a damned Slop Sorceror.

Teske was really trying to prove how many times he could walk into the same shot, over and over.

Mendez just out-physicaled Woods, another in a long line of 6th year guys who have regressed.

Gomez wrestled sloppy as hell, if he does that against Lovett again, he might pin him, or he might lose....again.

Haines looked two weight classes bigger than Franek.  Huge AND a huge gas tank to boot.  Hard to see anybody beating him.

I again reiterate my fervent wish that Mesenbrink wrestled for my team.

Kennedy wrestled well, Griffith reverted back to his superfrustrating form where he does nothing from neutral.  Hope the injury isn't serious, though.

Pinto wrestled very stupidly.  That said, the Nebraska singlets in the semis with the script "Huskers" were FIRE.

Glazier again comes through in the clutch for Iowa.  Great story, has probably earned himself a 7ish seed.

I didn't watch heavyweight.

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Well, let's look at some facts that counter that claim or don't fit your imagined narrative: 

1. At 125, Penn State's true freshman, Davis, is wrestling in the finals. 

Well sure but the big 10 finals are in the afternoon.  NCAA finals are in the evening.  It'll be past his bedtime.  

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Personally I find him the most likable Iowa wrestler in years 

Since the Hawkeyes love playing the heel that isn't hard to believe 😄

8 hours ago, SocraTease said:

1. At 125, Penn State's true freshman, Davis, is wrestling in the finals.  Nebraska is wrestling for 7th/8th place.

2. At 133, Penn State's Nagao beat Nebraska's Van Dee.

3.  At 141, Penn's State's Bartlett is in the finals; ranked #1 and undefeated. He's beaten Nebraska's Hardy this year.

4. At 149, Nebraska's 5th year Lovett has squeaked by Penn State's true freshman backup twice.  It's reasonable to think Shane Van Ness would have a very good chance of beating Nebraska at this weight if he were in the lineup.

Let's count up the finalists at these lower weights.  Isn't 2 twice as many as 1?

125: #9 Patrick McKee (Minnesota) vs #5 Braeden Davis (Penn State)

133: #4 Dylan Ragusin (Michigan) vs #7 Dylan Shawver (Rutgers)

141: #1 Beau Bartlett (Penn State) vs #3 Jesse Mendez (Ohio State) 

149: #1 Ridge Lovett (Nebraska) vs #5 Austin Gomez (Michigan)

Aside: Penn State went 20-2 in matches that they wrestled today.  Their only losses were to the #1 ranked guy at B!Gs.  

Smith smokes Davis, van dee is right there with naggo, hardy has and will beat fakebeau again, ridge is head and shoulders over kasak

4 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Smith smokes Davis, van dee is right there with naggo, hardy has and will beat fakebeau again, ridge is head and shoulders over kasak

You're absolutely correct.  And despite the results Antrell Taylor is head & shoulders above Mesenbrink and dont even bring up Levi Haines.  Payton Robb will smash him, eventually.  Can't stand these idiot PSU fans who think placing higher & winning head to head matches means they're better

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

10 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

You're absolutely correct.  And despite the results Antrell Taylor is head & shoulders above Mesenbrink and dont even bring up Levi Haines.  Payton Robb will smash him, eventually.  Can't stand these idiot PSU fans who think placing higher & winning head to head matches means they're better

I said 149 on down.... Levi cutting to 149....?

12 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

How pissed Is Psu going to be with Brooks as their only champ 😉 don't forget ncaas is not in psu territory. Fans WILL be on the reffs and you won't get all the Homer calls. 

1 minute ago, jajensen09 said:

I said 149 on down.... Levi cutting to 149....?

I hear you.  It's like I know PSU has out placed and scored more points so far in those weight classes but I can't believe people would ever think PSU is better.  And dont get me started on the other weights. 157-285 not one PSU wrestler could crack the Huskers lineup.  These PSU fans are delusional

1 minute ago, jajensen09 said:

How pissed Is Psu going to be with Brooks as their only champ 😉 don't forget ncaas is not in psu territory. Fans WILL be on the reffs and you won't get all the Homer calls. 

I doubt PSU has one finalist.  

• Bob 1

11 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Illegal is illegal. Muling for someone else or transporting on his own for resale - he's a dirtbag. Working with anyone else has him conspiring to commit a felony - major league dirtbag time in many jurisdictions.

WHY is he on a college team at all?

There is a HUGE difference between weed shrooms and meth. Also, he was a kid man. Calm the hell down. 

Smith smokes Davis? How does 2% Smith get out of the consolation bracket to make that happen?

Van Dee is right there with Nagao is what you say when Van Dee is behind Nagao.

Hardy will beat Bartlett? Again with the consolation bracket guy. Too bad they don't have some sort of season followed by a tournament to sort this out.

Lovett over Kasak? Yep.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Smith smokes Davis? How does 2% Smith get out of the consolation bracket to make that happen?

Hardy will beat Bartlett? Again with the consolation bracket guy. Too bad they don't have some sort of season followed by a tournament to sort this out.

Lovett over Kasak? Yep.

C'mon Wkn ... allow him a little jimmy🙂

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Lovett over Kasak? Yep.

To be fair Smith did “smoke” Davis when they wrestled.

But clearly he was trolling about Van Dee and to a slightly lesser extent, Hardy

I've never been to a PSU home match, but yesterday felt like it. Large PSU contingent. And for many  of them, emphasis on the "large"!

The kids do wrestle their ass off though. Messenbrink looks like he could give Keegan and Carr plenty of trouble.

Edited by Major Kong

1 minute ago, Major Kong said:

I've never been to a PSU home match, but yesterday felt like it. Large PSU contingent. And for many of many of them, emphasis on the "large"!

The kids do wrestle their ass off though. Messenbrink looks like he could give Keegan and Carr plenty of trouble.

Bet on it.

Man, if only Hardy had just tried a bit harder and beat Lemley. He could have shown us, once and for all, that he's better than BB.

Instead, Hardy lost to Lemley, who lost to BB.

Also, Lovett better win a title this year, because SVN is going to beat him up next year.

12 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Glazier acts and wrestles like someone I would want to hire at our company.  Good character, hard worker, low ego, high impact.  

Glazier is my new #1 improved wrestler, overtaking Blockhus.

24 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Lovett over Kasak? Yep.

I think you're misreading this.  Jajensen is more of a flow with the current scenario.  Much different from the Cinnabon era