Starocci

1 minute ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

You can suck down as much copium as you want. Fact is, Carter bailed on his team in the middle of a tournament and deliberately made a "look at me" spectacle of a tweet. Rather than support them, he felt the need to make. It all about him. That's in addition to all the BS he's spewed over the years. 

Carter could kick a baby out of a stroller and youd probably argue how that was great physical therapy. 

Be honest, you’ve lost numerous times to studs like this, huh.

2 minutes ago, Rassling said:

…and most likely in this game called life where one finds themselves dishing out clown emojis to justify a meager existence. Go out and do something nice for someone. It may make you feel better about yourself, punk.

6 minutes ago, Rassling said:

I've taken some beatings.

I think that's beside the point though. There's no end of excellent wrestlers out there that I respect. None (most?) of them don't act like Carter though. He's a punk. 

I respect his work ethic though. Everyone from PSU that has ever spoken about him has highlighted his work ethic. So there's that. 

4 minutes ago, Rassling said:

…and most likely in this game called life where one finds themselves dishing out clown emojis to justify a meager existence. Go out and do something nice for someone. It may make you feel better about yourself, punk.

You can edit posts, you don’t have to talk to yourself.

And…c’mon, this level of indignation towards another fellow keyboard warrior is a solid 16.5 shades away from being self aware, unless you somehow sponsor C Starr and paid for him to do some sort of celebration or wear some of your gear that he wasn’t able to follow through on bc he couldn’t wrestle.

But, again, c’mon…

4 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

He's a punk. 

And if he’s what qualifies as a real punk nowadays, we ought rejoice because the quality of individual that takes the mat has gone up 1000% in the past ten years, bc I can think of maybe 5 people I met throughout 4 years of wrestling in college who would qualify as being less abrasive than him.

Now, maybe scrubs like me deal with more dumb d-bags, but even so, I can scarcely imagine what would be said about the lion’s share of people I knew who competed back in the late 2000’s.

• Brain 1

Just now, wrestle87 said:

And if he’s what qualifies as a real punk nowadays, we ought rejoice because the quality of individual that takes the mat has gone up 1000% in the past ten years, bc I can think of maybe 5 people I met throughout 4 years of wrestling in college who would qualify as being less abrasive than him.

Now, maybe scrubs like me deal with more dumb d-bags, but even so, I can scarcely imagine what would be said about the lion’s share of people I knew who competed back in the late 2000’s.

That's really good insight. I didn't think about that. I've only had the pleasure of being seriously invested in the sport since the late 2000s, and a bit later than that as an adult. I didn't get a chance to have any sort of meaningful interaction with top level (active or recently active) wrestlers until the previous decade so I didn't think about how "gritty" the characters from the previous era were. This gives me a lot to think about and explore. Thank you. 

I was willing to give Carter a lot of slack for his words because he walked the walk and I thought it was all part of a self promotion bit. But this weekend's happenings didn't sit right with me. I imagine trying to dip out on my teammates during a major tournament and the thought makes me uncomfortable. Then again, I've never been on my way towards goat status. 

• Bob 1

13 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

You can edit posts, you don’t have to talk to yourself.

And…c’mon, this level of indignation towards another fellow keyboard warrior is a solid 16.5 shades away from being self aware, unless you somehow sponsor C Starr and paid for him to do some sort of celebration or wear some of your gear that he wasn’t able to follow through on bc he couldn’t wrestle.

But, again, c’mon…

The wrestling community in general has been very tough on some of its wrestlers lately. Picking this guy apart is just the latest. 

• Bob 1

23 hours ago, Rassling said:

Did you really just call yourself a punk 

20 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

All we need now is Andrew Sparks trolling Starocci to high hell on social media, talking about being the one to snap his 64-match streak 😂

I'm really excited for @cowcards great great grandson posting this question in the trivia thread one day 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

On 3/11/2024 at 3:26 AM, wrestle87 said:

This is the dumbest thing I've heard anyone on this board say in a long time.

The idea that Spencer Lee...who sacrificed who knows how many ACL's and knee surgeries to Iowa and the sport of wrestling...hurt the sport, is ludicrous at best.

He went out there and went balls to the wall literally every match he had...obviously to his own detriment.  We have no idea what sort of condition his knees were in when he wrestled his senior tournament.  Look at this knees here, that he carried the entire Iowa fanbase on for half a decade, which is a solid 20-30% of the entire sport of college wrestling's fanbase, along with the coaching careers of T&T, being the reason that Austin Desanto went from a kimura-launching maniac to a passionate but composed young man, and go check that nonsense. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.25.37 AM.png

Don't forget that he taught young wrestlers around the world that if you lose, it's ok to quit after that.

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Starocci gave an interview today , mineo posted it on twitter but carter explains the situation and everything and says he’s 100 percent healthy and ready to go for nationals 

Let me add to this since I just watched the interview. I truly feel sorry for everyone in his path. He says he doesn’t read social media. BS. He sure does like others  recently thrown under the bus by fellow wrestling fans. The things he read and heard first hand will be the driving force to put on a performance second to nome. This is my hope for Austin Gomez as well. 

7 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Let me add to this since I just watched the interview. I truly feel sorry for everyone in his path. He says he doesn’t read social media. BS. He sure does like others  recently thrown under the bus by fellow wrestling fans. The things he read and heard first hand will be the driving force to put on a performance second to nome. This is my hope for Austin Gomez as well. 

I'm not buying that he doesn't read social media, either.

The thing I liked about this, and Sanderson's prior interview on the topic, is they both admit he was pissed when Sanderson told him not to risk injury.

Not trying to throw the other guy under the bus, but also not pretending we didn't wee what we saw.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

8 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Or it could take him out of his own game. The PSU staff will need to keep him focused on business. Starocci can be his own worst enemy, letting ego and emotion get in the way.

47 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Don't forget that he taught young wrestlers around the world that if you lose, it's ok to quit after that.

To put it delicately, this is butt hurt nonsense.  He won NCAA’s with no ACl’s.

Wrestlers Med Forfeit out to 6th in almost every college tournament that is held.  

He showed an example of when enough is enough, you have to listen to yourself and do what is right for you.  T&T or his teammates aren’t going to do the rehab if he incurred ANOTHER acl injury.  

Choosing your own health is never a bad thing.

Just now, wrestle87 said:

To put it delicately, this is butt hurt nonsense.  He won NCAA’s with no ACl’s.

Wrestlers Med Forfeit out to 6th in almost every college tournament that is held.  

He showed an example of when enough is enough, you have to listen to yourself and do what is right for you.  T&T or his teammates aren’t going to do the rehab if he incurred ANOTHER acl injury.  

Choosing your own health is never a bad thing.

They don't at the national tournament. If he would have beat Ramos would he have forfeited in the finals? No? Ok he should have finished the tournament then. 

• Poopy 1

2 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Or it could take him out of his own game. The PSU staff will need to keep him focused on business. Starocci can be his own worst enemy, letting ego and emotion get in the way.

If you listen closely, maybe even a second time and watch his eyes - you will see a man accepting the huge error he made in judgement. He messed up, knows it and wants every else to know it to. Now it’s time for business.

4 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

They don't at the national tournament. If he would have beat Ramos would he have forfeited in the finals? No? Ok he should have finished the tournament then. 

That’s factually incorrect, last year alone 4 of the ten weight classes had a placement match decided by med forfeit.  2 of those 4 wrestlers did the full semi-final med forfeit slide.

9 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

That’s factually incorrect, last year alone 4 of the ten weight classes had a placement match decided by med forfeit.  2 of those 4 wrestlers did the full semi-final med forfeit slide.

And one of them was Spencer Lee, who if he would have won in the semis would NOT have forfeited in the finals. So, he lost and hung it up.

27 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

And one of them was Spencer Lee, who if he would have won in the semis would NOT have forfeited in the finals. So, he lost and hung it up.

Unrelated, another interview with a PSU a few weights up just happened. Most interesting to me is what he said about Cael coming to his school and asking his teammates about who in the room hates to lose, etc. Cael is a special dude on and off the mat. 

• Bob 1