Conference Allocations

creek chub

On 2/25/2024 at 11:27 PM, flyingcement said:

Are any of: Bellarmine, Lindenwood, Queens, or Morgan State eligible for the conference tournament this year? 

No, no, no, and no.

Theoretically Morgan State is, but they don't have a conference. They are eligible for at-large bids, but won't get any. The rest are still in their transition period. Bellarmine clears it this year, and will be eligible for SoCon's in 2024-25. Queens will be eligible in 2026-27.

• Fire 3

Didnt SHP used to run the formula and tell us the allocations a day or two prior in years past? Seems like allocations we’re never a mystery for long thanks to his efforts. He used to link his blog weekly. Does he still update that?

13 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

Didnt SHP used to run the formula and tell us the allocations a day or two prior in years past? Seems like allocations we’re never a mystery for long thanks to his efforts. He used to link his blog weekly. Does he still update that?

Don't know about that, either ish...

D3

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

4 hours ago, Tigerfan said:

IIRC, I think he would tell us right after the allocations who had actually earned them.  I don't believe he can say for certain in advance who or how many allocations are earned, because the exact threshold criteria is variable, and subject to the discretion of the selection committee.

FYI - I believe this is his blog site: Wrestling by Pirate | A different look at college wrestling (wordpress.com)

Edited by Red Blades

17 minutes ago, Red Blades said:

IIRC, I think he would tell us right after the allocations who had actually earned them.  I don't believe he can say for certain in advance who or how many allocations are earned, because the exact threshold criteria is variable, and subject to the discretion of the selection committee.

FYI - I believe this is his blog site: Wrestling by Pirate | A different look at college wrestling (wordpress.com)

I do not think there is discretion by the selection committee. At least the document describing the process does not refer to it. For example:

"The pre-allocations will be determined by using a sliding scale of the three standards while never going below the base of .700 winning percentage, Top 30 Coach Rank and Top 30 RPI Rank reaching up to the maximum of 29 wrestlers per weight class."

From: 2023-24 NCAA DIVISION I WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS SELECTION CRITERIA GRID (UPDATED February 12, 2024)

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I do not think there is discretion by the selection committee. At least the document describing the process does not refer to it. For example:

Then why haven't you done it for all the dummies...

4 hours ago, Tigerfan said:

I’ve never done that. Red Blades has a better explanation of what I’ve done, although I’m not sure how quickly I’ll get things done today, as life gets in the way.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

I’ve never done that. Red Blades has a better explanation of what I’ve done, although I’m not sure how quickly I’ll get things done today, as life gets in the way.

You have a life?

BTW- do you know what time the releases happen today?

Edited by gimpeltf