Carr vs O Toole

forkemaz

Whats o'tooles goal seeding wise? You'd think it would be get away from Carr and Mesenbrink....if he splits matches with carr, he likely doesn't achieve that, if he skips the dual and and wins big 12s, I think its very likely he'll get the 1 seed and be away from both....

So ducking makes sense. They Ramirez loss might screw my assumptions up, but i think its way less likely than Mesenbrink #2 and Carr #3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, flanders said:

May not face each other this weekend.. in my opinion, nothing really in it for either of them to wrestle 2xs before NCAAs.

David Carr, junior world champion and NCAA champion, disagrees with your mentality. Here is what he said last year before their first match

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

4 hours ago, Elevator said:

WIll be interested to see if Messinbrink can go with these guys.

Someone made a good comment earlier that Mes is prone to getting sloppy at the end of the 1st and 2nd periods. He'll give up a late escape and it's not clear that he pays attention to RT. It's not a concern against most opponents because he pours on the points, but in tighter matches against top guys like Carr, KOT, Ramirez, etc. it could end up being the margin between a W and a L.

1 hour ago, flanders said:

May not face each other this weekend.. in my opinion, nothing really in it for either of them to wrestle 2xs before NCAAs.

Screenshot_20240223_145554_X.jpg

There might be upside for carr....but mesenbrink would have to take a loss i guess.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I appreciate the heads up from Brian Smith.  It's being blindsided that sucks as a fan

I'm kinda surprised no coach has turned this issue around and said, "yeah we're ducking, the rules told us to". I guess the problem is they have clueless admins to answer to.

• Fire 1

Well, we know Moore is out at 133 still, and Gioffre has missed the last few,  hopefully he'll be back this weekend but we'll see.  Whiting did not wrestle the last dual either, and Smith has not been shy about limiting R. Elam this season.  I'd be surprised though if KOT is out.  He just seems like such a competitor (see E. Ruth) that unless he's just unable to go, then I'd expect to see him out there.

Edited by KCMO2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Well, we know Moore is out at 133 still, and Gioffre has missed the last few,  hopefully he'll be back this weekend but we'll see.  Whiting did not wrestle the last dual either, and Smith has not been shy about limiting R. Elam this season.  I'd be surprised though if KOT is out.  He just seems like such a competitor (see E. Ruth) that unless he's just unable to go, then I'd expect to see him out there.

Looks like Z Elam and Edmond are the only starters going tonight. 

IMG_0536.png

Edited by MizzouFan01
  • Stalling 1

Ughh.  Announcers said the team is fighting the flu.

It’s going around. Penn State got hammered by it the last couple weeks.

Who would imagine that a sport where you are in extremely close proximity to a half dozen guys, who are in extremely close proximity to other people, five or six days a week, could have people get sick from a highly contagious illness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Elevator said:

leaning Carr but this one is a great rivalry - reminds of Glory v. Vito

WIll be interested to see if Messinbrink can go with these guys.

I fear Messinbrink could be a natty champion this year…. But I watch a lot more Big10 wrestling than anything else so I don’t see much Care or KOT during the season. 

Fingers crossed they keep Mitch out of the NCAA finals.

43 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I fear Messinbrink could be a natty champion this year…. But I watch a lot more Big10 wrestling than anything else so I don’t see much Care or KOT during the season. 

Fingers crossed they keep Mitch out of the NCAA finals.

I am worried about him as well for Carr and Keegan. I really hope he’s on the opposite side of the bracket from O’Toole. I’m sure there’s a brotherly vibe there from AWA and they’ve likely gone a million times, but Messinbrink is on a war path and with Carr and O’Toole not seeing him until March, it worries me a bit. An opportunity to feel him out ahead of time would be ideal (but also could be an opportunity for Messinbrink). See Carr/O’Toole for the “feeling out” process and result.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

It’s going around. Penn State got hammered by it the last couple weeks.

Who would imagine that a sport where you are in extremely close proximity to a half dozen guys, who are in extremely close proximity to other people, five or six days a week, could have people get sick from a highly contagious illness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah but I checked and some people on mizzo actually have the flu

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Fire 1

42 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah but I checked and some people on mizzo actually have the flu

And you think Kerk ducked...checks notes...Slavikouski, from Rutgers? The guy that PSU's backup 197 beat?

Oh, ok. 

16 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I'm kinda surprised no coach has turned this issue around and said, "yeah we're ducking, the rules told us to". I guess the problem is they have clueless admins to answer to.

Alex Clemsen came pretty close:

16 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Alex Clemsen came pretty close:

but no need anymore ... just say your wrestler's core temperature is a bit low