More cancelled student debt

Anyone else maybe see the problem?  🤔

One frothy example is Ramsey’s vociferous renunciation of the daily cuppa Joe. In a 2021 blog post, he claims your coffee habit could be costing you $766 a year, and suggests folks should put those funds toward paying their your student debt, their investments or even a plane ticket.

But young Americans argue they’d rather sustain their mental well-being and hold onto the small luxuries that bring them joy rather than save a little extra cash.

“Self-care is extremely important and if that means buying a $6 coffee every day, do it,” Jarrod Benson, a 32-year-old comedian from Orlando, Florida told Business Insider.

“I’d rather be caffeinated than depressed with $6.”

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Looks like a Mickey Mouse GIF.

Maybe you forgot to add the text to make sense of it. Or maybe it's just a China thing.

As much as I try, your posts make so little sense.

Not surprising. You think someone that runs a wrestling site can influence how someone votes because of their position of power. Bahahahahahhahhahha

• Fire 1

18 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Looks like a Mickey Mouse GIF.

Maybe you forgot to add the text to make sense of it. Or maybe it's just a China thing.

As much as I try, your posts make so little sense.

I believe those are the college students brains entering college. The hammer is the college and the professors smashing (crushing ) the brains of the college students.

• Fire 1

On 2/22/2024 at 6:05 PM, mspart said:

Student loan forgiveness is unfair to working individuals who took no loans or paid them back.  Just because they made poor choices doesn't mean they shouldn't pay the loans back. 

I have kids who say they can't pay for college without loans.   But these guys do not want to work 40 hours a week to make money to go to pay for school or reduce the amount of loan they would have to take.   They want it handed to them.   I have one that is still hammered by loans.   But he has a good job now and can pay and he is.   He would like loan forgiveness but I don't think he is eligible. 

mspart

Or maybe choose a school that is more affordable. My daughter went to a local community college then went to a university for 18 months. She graduated with a degree in 3 years. She worked the entire time she was in school and had a 4.0  GPA average. She had very little debt when she graduated.

Yes, there are plenty of "strageties" to leave college with no debt.   I see kids not wanting to work.   They want to have the full school experience of no responsibilities other than school work.   But then they drown themselves in debt, where if the worked, they could lessen that by mass quantities. 

mspart

• Fire 2

There seems to be no sense of accomplishment and self respect anymore.  I set a goal of paying off my debt and was both happy and proud when I did it.   Life isn’t easy so get over yourself and earn something. 

• Fire 2

12 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

There seems to be no sense of accomplishment and self respect anymore.  I set a goal of paying off my debt and was both happy and proud when I did it.   Life isn’t easy so get over yourself and earn something. 

Agreed!  One of the proudest moments I had was when I made that last student loan payment.

• Fire 2

12 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Average value of a house then vs now? (cuz I honestly don't know at what period you are comparing) 

Average cost of public college today vs...?

Minimum wage then vs now? 

Median household income then vs now?

Average rental cost per square foot then to now? 

Top tier income tax rate then vs now? (you won't answer that one, its just a fun one to throw in there)

Energy costs then vs now?

Cost of transportation then vs now? (how much $ was dedicated to public transportation t v n, where was that money spent?)

Moral of the story, higher % of income is spent on just surviving, there is little room to thrive. Little cushion for failure. And many people want the safety net for many if not most of the vulnerable, to be cut even further. One of the reasons is, as you've said it before, you got yours so you are unwilling to sacrifice your seemingly cushy life so that more could be helped with their very real struggle just to stay afloat.  

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Average value of a house then vs now? (cuz I honestly don't know at what period you are comparing) 

Top tier income tax rate then vs now? (you won't answer that one, its just a fun one to throw in there)

Cost of transportation then vs now? (how much $ was dedicated to public transportation t v n, where was that money spent?)

Moral of the story, higher % of income is spent on just surviving, there is little room to thrive. Little cushion for failure. And many people want the safety net for many if not most of the vulnerable, to be cut even further. One of the reasons is, as you've said it before, you got yours so you are unwilling to sacrifice your seemingly cushy life so that more could be helped with their very real struggle just to stay afloat.  

What??  Even with their privilege this happens. How can that be????

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Stupid comparison questions...but I think you know that and just want to argue and be able to write as many words as you possibly can in a post.   You seem to leave out an actual comparison and I won't do the homework for you.

Here is real life...the moral of the story is it was a struggle to survive 30 years ago just as you claim it is now...many many months/years wondering how I am going to make ends meet each week...after haven gone to college.  What I didn't do is look for a handout, I didn't blame the big bad banks for the loans I AGREED to, never felt sorry for myself or played the victim...I figured out what I needed to do to make those ends meet...to pay off the loans I agreed to take...and made it happen.  Now you sit there and say to people like me, "what, you can't give up some of what you earned and give it to people who haven't even tried to make it on their own....because they may struggle"??  Seriously do you even understand what you are writing??  I am someone who truly believes in helping out their fellow man; however, how, when, who, etc. is up to ME!!  Not YOU!  So once again stop with your stupid virtue signaling and victim mentality.

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Stupid comparison questions...but I think you know that and just want to argue and be able to write as many words as you possibly can in a post.   You seem to leave out an actual comparison and I won't do the homework for you.

Here is real life...the moral of the story is it was a struggle to survive 30 years ago just as you claim it is now...many many months/years wondering how I am going to make ends meet each week...after haven gone to college.  What I didn't do is look for a handout, I didn't blame the big bad banks for the loans I AGREED to, never felt sorry for myself or played the victim...I figured out what I needed to do to make those ends meet...to pay off the loans I agreed to take...and made it happen.  Now you sit there and say to people like me, "what, you can't give up some of what you earned and give it to people who haven't even tried to make it on their own....because they may struggle"??  Seriously do you even understand what you are writing??  I am someone who truly believes in helping out their fellow man; however, how, when, who, etc. is up to ME!!  Not YOU!  So once again stop with your stupid virtue signaling and victim mentality.

Thanks for the insult right off the bat. Seems like you take this seriously. Thanks for your contribution. Sorry my questions were so triggering that you couldn't find the courage to shed some light on the America that was once great that we are all working to revive.

Are you upset that I hit the nail right on the head with you and I wasn't even referring to you? Blind squirrel, I guess. Seems like your response is from someone triggered at being called out for being a greedy curmudgeons that yells at clouds. "its up to me who I help" is exactly what a bigot says when the money goes to help people who don't look, live, or prey like you.  If you weren't you wouldn't care just that it was being done efficient and effectively. Those are conversations to be had. But we're not going back to separate water fountains. No matter how much you'd prefer it. 

PS. not that you've read this far because your anger typing. But you can't virtue signal by asking questions. I was not implying my superiority by suggesting that incomes streams have changed and costs have changed over time. Study your mindless talking points more so you can use them appropriately. Or should I just give you a cracker? 

Edited by ThreePointTakedown
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Psycho babble boy is back  give him a break though. He needs people like us to survive. 

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Psycho babble boy is back  give him a break though. He needs people like us to survive. 

LOL.   A couple days go by and I forget why I stopped responding to him, yet here I did it again and got what he always does...psycho babble stupidity.

• Fire 2

11 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL.   A couple days go by and I forget why I stopped responding to him, yet here I did it again and got what he always does...psycho babble stupidity.

people who don’t look, live, or prey  like you?  Did he say you are a predator?

Edited by Offthemat
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Please define very real struggle. I'm not trying to be smart with you.

3 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Hi. I'm back to threaten your existence by encouraging sympathy and empathy to the less fortunate. 

Pointing out how you are triggered by that. If that makes me 'psycho-babbly' so you can remain ignorant. I guess that's my cross to bear. 

Glad your opinions are dying. Can't happen soon enough. We'll all be better off. Smarter too.